: The Lucky Bunny Show

Futaba
Anyone think The Lucky Bunny show mention in the la test strip would make a good filler?

DarkShive
it would make a better graphic novel :bunny:

Major Kerina
Or rather manga....

Deathscythe13x
graphic novel is the american way to say manga

Major Kerina
Really? I thought they were subtly different somehow?

Deathscythe13x
not really. Well there are some things that are just plain graphic novels, but to people who don't know what a manga is its just referred to as a graphic novel

Major Kerina
Understood. Thanks ^_^.

Futaba
Here I thought GRAPHIC NOVELS were American comics combind together and Trade Paper Back was the American name for the Japanese Manga.

Snowflake
Actually, trade paperbacks are the more common name for collected comics in one book. Graphic novels are original works in the same format (I believe). Manga, as far as on the english market, is either printed as trades or regular comics I think. I'm not 100% on that though as my comic collection just has 1 or 2 comic reprints of Japanese manga.

spc mango
i thought graphic novels were just comic book geeks (no offense meant) being defensive...

but i'd enjoy the adventures or travis and unsagi (sp?)

...isn't unsagi the japanese word for bunny or something? also, isn't that sailor moon's name in japan?

DaEvilCidHighwind
I dunno. I thought it was fancy for comic book too.

DaEvilCidHighwind
Oh, and the word manga suggests adult themes.

Futaba
Call out Johnny Carson looks like we have something to talk about on The Bunny Show. :Popcorn: Does that seem as corny as it sounds? :doh:

showler
trade paperback is a format IIRC. So a graphic novel can be in hard cover or trade paperback form. Collections are so often in trade paperback form that the term has become used for collections in many cases. Graphic Novel is correctly a single story, usually originally published as a single volume. Collections can cross over with GNs when they are a single story, but they are essentially reprints of part of a series or a mini-series in a single volume.

Manga is just Japanese comics and seem to most often appear as chapters in magazines like Shonen Jump. The collections are called tankoubon and seem to be the same as western collections coming in either paperback or hard cover form.

jimmyinwhite
Originally posted by DarkShive
it would make a better graphic novel :bunny: graphic manga novel sounds like a cute idea for something new for dans store page.

Acanous
hmmm.... i asked the local manga expert if there has ever been a manga/anime/movie called the lucky bunny bounty show, and he informed me that no, there was not, however, there was a similar-type thing going on in the adventures of Han Solo which included a Cat girl, a butterfly, a duck thing in the RPG, and of course a wookie.
that was new. i just wanted to buy it on DVD or as a "graphic novel"
i had no idea about any of that, but, with the comic's dragonball referrances, i thought it might exist.
it sux that it doesn't
:(

Acanous
still no LBBS....
are you SURE this bathhouse isn't unisex?

Wanderer
The japanese word is usagi = rabbit

The Lucky bunny goddess' name is Unusagi, that could be translated as rascal rabbit.... I'm sure Dan didn't meant it that way...

Fingolfin Aeros
:: Bursts out laughing.::

Major Kerina
*Joins in*....hehe....or maybe Dan did intend it ^_^

jimmyinwhite
hehe ??? hehe{ faint}

Admiral Jimmy
You wascally wabbit...^_^

Acanous
I just came back from beating sonic the hedgehog for the sega genisis platform. do you know how happy i am right now?

spc mango
you got your dreamcast back, and your playing your genesis?

...canadians...

Acanous
wel, i'd never beaten sonic 1, it was my eternal shame....
but NOW, i've done it, and goin for it again with all 6 chaos emeralds!
and here's a pic of my big sister. she's silly.
http://www.jojod.com/photos/21st/0079.JPG
still none of me!

Major Kerina
I dunno....a bunny form on a tf gun would be cute but each form seems to have a particular fighting strength...bunnies are kinda....soft and easily subdued....so not to useful in that sense...

Sylvandil
heh, bunnies not useful in combat? what about the bunny of Caer'Bannog!

"Why, just look at those sharp pointy teeth."

"RUN AWAY!"

(heh, and somone made a half-bunny template on the WotC boards): http://boards.wizards.com/rpg/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=118;t=003683

Major Kerina
That's right....forgot about that bunny.....what about baby chick form?.....I can't think of any way it can be Attack of the Baby Chicks.....

Acanous
how about "half-guinea pig"?
that would come with some WIERD powers...
and anyone played bloody roar? bunnies are POWERFULL.
i beat jon around the room with the bunny chixxor, and he diddn't get to touch the floor once i started, untill he died.
behold my mighty gamesight.
i came upon a revelation. gamesight is derived from my blue energy wave attack.
but to get that kind of result in practical application, i'd hafta try turning the universe into a mathmatical formula.
and to do that, i'd need to understand evry variable.
in short, only GOD can blue energy wave to it's most powerfull ability, and i don't think he has, or even needs to.
it'd be cool to be able to tho. i'd call it lifesight.
oh well. time to find out what stuff my red energy burn can apply to.....

Major Kerina
Why is the Bunny so lucky?

Wanderer
The Bunny's lucky because she's got four lucky paws. I think.

To elaborate on Arcanou's point THIS rabbit won't be easily subdued.

http://www.game-junkie.com/Reviews/Playstation/BloodyRoar/images/alicebeast-char.gif

If you're curious what she looks like in human form, here it is.

http://www.game-junkie.com/Reviews/Playstation/BloodyRoar/images/alice-char.gif

Major Kerina
*boggles at her creepy red eyes*....wow...with a bunny form like that....who needs luck?