: plot complaints

elf0004
you never showed how they got out of the caves and you said that you would and the is really cheap

Mario
Hmm, well I had assumed that to be fairly obvious, but if it wasn't, I apologize. You see, they never went very far into the cave; in fact, most of those twenty-some-odd episodes were spent at the entrance. But I suppose that was an unfair assumption, since not everyone has played Zelda II and knows about the cave in question. In any case, it would be silly to create a whole "exiting the cave" episode, and besides, this episode focused more on Navi's deception; changing the backgrounds mid-comic would have made things confusing. But maybe I'm just reading too much into this. Whatever the case, sorry if I mislead you.

elf0004
yeah well i never played ZeldaII you are right and i guess that that makes sense

ps
did you make that banner?

Mario
Indeed I did. You like?

Player M
Its pretty cool mario, Love the comic to btw, on another note could you give me kid icurus's sprites? I've looked all over for them and have yet to find a good sheet of him.

Mario
I plan on putting up all my sprite sheets soon. Before I do, though, would you guys prefer their original Photoshop format, or should I convert to GIF? Probably the latter, just because it makes them more accessible to all y'all.

Player M
Well seeing as how I hate using photoshop(128 ram so its a tad slow) I'd say gif would be the way to go. Oh and my friend maddog wanted me to ask you if you wanted to be a part of chronic sonic team, he thinks your comics are hilariously funny. I for one agree with maddog on that zelda comic is imensly funny. So I've asked you now maybe maddog will get off my back about it. yay?

elf0004
yeah i think that the banner is kewl and also think that gif would be the best choice

speaking of the other sprites where is bub from i have played kidicurs on the gameboy but never acutly seen bub any wherre but hte comics

if you could let me know i would be greatful

Mario
WHERE IS BUB FROM?!?

Wow, I thought Pit was the lesser-known of the two. Bub and his brother Bob were both stars of "Bubble Bobble", which was ported from the arcade to the NES. There was a Nintendo sequel, as well as a Game Boy incarnation. There haven't been any Bubble Bobbles since then, but they also feature heavily in Puzzle Bobble, also called Bust-A-Move.

And Pit's Game Boy adventure was the second of only two Kid Icaruses. I (along with millions of others, I'm sure) hope beyond all hope that a GameCube sequel is in the works, or at least considered. Or maybe HAL will put Pit in the next Smash Bros.?

Player M
dude how could you know know of the power of bubble bobble? thats like saying you don't know who samus aran is! Bust-a-move has about 8 diffrant sequals out now includeing 2 ps2 versions. How could you not know bub? I still can't belive you dident know who bub was.....thats like not knowing who espio is......or goemon.....or <insert another video-game hero who has become an obscureaty> One of the if not THE first nes games I had was bubble bobble.

on another subject mario mentioned 2 zeldas he had never played I'm curious as to which 2 these were? I may be able to help you out....

Mario
Hmm, I don't recall mentioning that, was it in a news update? I should really keep them archived... I have played some fairly obscure Zelda games, including Game & Watch Zelda and BS Zelda. However, there are exactly three Zelda games I have not had the "honor" of playing, or even setting eyes apon. These are the three Zelda titles released for the CD-I. I have heard that they are horrible beyond belief, but I still wish to see what I have missed.

sunstar
for kid icarus sprites and a host of others, go and check out king shyguy's castle over at captainN.net or whatever that was.

elf0004
i do not know who thoes 2 people are and bye the way i do remember play bust a move on my 198 games in one (wich is acultly 11 with a lot of different titles but they never had any names in that

i did however have the fourtine of owning kid icurus when it came out so i knew who he was

Player M
I've searched and searched but does anyone know where to find those three phillips CD-i "emulated" Not that I'm comeing right out and asking to post it here.....but my e-mail....I found some moe info on those games and I've forgoten there names....but in one of those said games you get to be zelda instead of link.......and the graphics are supposedly "poeople" sprites something like how mortal kombat looked.....and I've heard theres voice overs and bad special effects.....info on the R word

(if anyone is offended by me asking this please let me appolagize for I've looked everywhere and these zelda games would be a great thing to "play" for just 24 hours which is legal so I've heard....but still if anyones buttens are pushed...I'm sorry)

This reminds me of how I lost my forums......here we go again.......

Mario
I don't think you'll have much luck finding CD-I ROMs, since they were on CDs, which means really big files.

Speaking of rare Zelda games, does anyone know where to find a Game & Watch Zelda? I'd love to get my hands on one again!

Blink
:rambo: Heck, I've got something like one, the batteries are old and I'm too lazy to fix it so the screen isn't that bright, but if you're looking for one, I don't use it much, and you could probably find one by going to ebay and searching for a Nintendo "Mini Classics".

It may not be the same, but it's pretty darn close.