: Google fun

goonigoogoo
Hey! I'm the number 2 search term for cheeses!

WHEEEEE

And to make sure I got a record of it before Google redoes it's spider algorithm thingummy, I took a lovely picture

http://www.shtank-interactive.com/btc/numbah-2.gif

Partay! :Party:

still_not_registered
there is one little "11" on that page that kinda destroys your fantasy... (and that even smaller "10" too!)
you might consider editing that out or to stop trying to play cheap tricks on us.

Phil
Yeah well that's all well and good, but are you the 102nd on the list??? My site is, when you run a search for "basement"

http://www.da-basement.com/images/google.png

WOOOO! I'M THE KING OF THE WORLD! :Party:

BlurryMystr
Ahem.
http://no4thwalltobreak.keenspace.com/images/5.gif

Razer Wolf
Goon, you big liar :P

Phil
Bah. Who needs #5 when you've got #102?

goonigoogoo
Mmm...blind spots.

So much for MY little fantasies. I hate you all!

*sob*

Shky
sure BandWich isn't all that common a word, but still... and also its got the wrong address, but again.. still...

http://www.bandwich.net/bandscreen.jpg

sorry bout size and quality.

Phil
Your avatar looks like something furry, wearing a trenchcoat and cowboy hat, whilst carrying a large glob of whipped cream. :O_O:

Razer Wolf
Indeed.

goonigoogoo
I still say it looks like a caterpillar penis thing

BlurryMystr
I think we all know what my avatar is.

It's Bing Crosby.

goonigoogoo
And mine is Mike Tyson

Phil
Of course you all know who my avatar is. That's right, Peter Jennings, host of ABC World News Tonight.
:O_O:

BlurryMystr
Geez, how does he stay so young?

Phil
He sucks the life energy out of little boys

goonigoogoo
Like Cell! and the pope!

Phil
Especially the pope

goonigoogoo
Except he's not so much extracting as he is depositing...Ah nevermind. I'm already going to hell as it is. Better not make it worse

BlurryMystr
So wait... you can get worse off than hell?

Geez. Satan must be getting lax.

"Welcome to Hell! You will now be prodded with sticks every twenty minutes!"
"Are they sharp sticks?"
"Well... no, not really... they're actually pretty dull."
"Isn't it supposed to be hot down here or something?"
"Well you see... the fuel to keep the immense fires going was getting quite expensive... so we had to cut back on that. But we do have a hot plate that you are required to sit on once a week! How's that for you?"
"Ho hum"

TehFreak
only once a week? but it's so sweet and tasty...

Mr.Shroom
Tupperware brand sleeping pods and liberal amounts of facially applied man fluid.

TehFreak
*drool*

Jalapeno 48
lots and lots of skin lotion would be my guess.

goonigoogoo
I swear, I have no clue what you people do to regular, non-lotion related threads, but it's starting to vaguely bug me

Chebbs
bug you in that way where your dry skin bugs you and you need special 'lotion' ?

*chebbs* - just doin my bit ;)

goonigoogoo
nooo...not in that way at all

TehFreak
is it because your jesus sense is tingling?

goonigoogoo
Sure. Why not

Dub
(Needless fact)
A place like hell was never mentioned originally in the bible. The original idea for hell was more of an old wives tale to tell bad kids. The whole flaming pit idea came from a garbage pit outside Jerusalem where brimstone was used to burn garbage. When the bible was being translated, all words like Hades and such that depicted a death without heaven were translated to hell, as a sort of "catch all"

Shky
The other word was Gehenna ( I apologize if I spelt that wrong.) Also, if I'm not mistaken, it was located in the Valley of Hinnom. And they used Sulphur (sp?) to help fuel the fire.

Dub
I think they used both, I just couldn't be sure about the sulfer. And your right about the location, so here's a bunny for your trouble:bunny:

Razer Wolf
Sulphur = Correct.

Shky
Yea, I had a dictionary in my toolbar when I was using Gnome. Now that I'm using Fluxbox I don't have it anymore. And I've been unable to find a dockapp to replace it. I feel so naked without it.

goonigoogoo
I also like the part about how anyone who changes the bible will get eternal torment. It's right at the end of Revelations.

Doesn't that mean every single person with an english translated bible is wrong? Even slight differences between languages still mean you're changing the original meaning and therefore will get to BUUURN IN HEEELLL...if there was one

Shky
Revelations is a big book, care to elaborate? I'd like to see said scripture. If you know the exact verse that would be spiffy. And considering that Hell is not a Biblical teaching, I find it hard to believe that the Bible says that you will burn in Hell for mistranslating it.

Phil
Yeah and the Pope himself said that Hell did not exist. And if you can't believe the Pope, who can you believe?

Jalapeno 48
My qualms with the bible is that it is written by man, and man isn't infallible, so who is to say that whomever may have written the different books of the bible didn't make a mistake, or change a fact to suit their personal taste here and there, which could explain this different questionable details that tend to pop up through analyzation? just a thought.

Shky
To believe the Bible you have to accept that it is the inspired word of God. If you think that it was written purely on the whims of men, then of course you will feel that it is itself fallible. However, fulfilled prophecy and other things can convince a person, such as myself, that it is not simply a book written by imperfect men.

And if you accept that God was able to inspire men to write it, then it is easy to believe that he would be able to keep at least one version completely intact. And then we get into the issue as to which religion is the proper one. And that's not a conversation many people want to have.

goonigoogoo
Like I said, it's the last verse in revelations. I don't think it said hell, but there was some form of punishment for changing the bible. Maybe eternal litter duty or something

Shky
Okay, lets see here. Last verse of Revelation, 22:21: "May the undeserved kindness of the Lord Jesus Christ be with the holy ones."

Wow, I guess you're right, that is pretty harsh. :)

However, verse 19 says this: "and if anyone takes anything away from the words of the scroll of this prophecy, God will take his portion away from the trees of life and out of the holy city, things which are written about in this scroll." So yea, if you mess with the Bible, you don't get to see the fulfillment of Psalm 37:11 "But the meek ones themselves will possess the earth, and they will find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace."
And Rev 21:4: "And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more. Neither will mourning, nor outcry, nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away."

So I would assume that Rev 22:19 would apply to the people who took God's name out of the Bible (Jehovah, or Yaweh depending on whether translated to english) and the people who replaced Hades and Gehenna with 'Hell.'

Dub
Ok, so they're damned because they changed it, but it's still ok for us to read it right? I don't wanna commit a sin every time I open a bible:Puzzled:

Jalapeno 48
That makes sense, i think what i'm trying to say is i try not to get too hung up in the minute details and discrepencies of the bible, and if one can come away from reading a particular passage and have good comprehension of the idea or point that the passage was trying to convey, then that's what matters.

what i get from it is that if someone were to take any passage and tries to re-write it so that the original meaning or idea that is to be made is misconstrued, then that is what is wrong.

Dub
I'm with that. If I read a passage that was meant to teach me that killing's wrong, and it teaches me that killing is wrong, then I'd say it's done its job.

TehFreak
yes, but the only way we can teach you anything is to put you in a straight jacket and beat you with sticks until you pay attention

Shky
here here

TehFreak
you want me to beat you as well?

Shky
if you're gentle...

TehFreak
i thought that it was supposed to be violent and painfull? not some kind of homoerotic love fest.

TehFreak
... oh wait...
same thing...

damn, foiled by my own logic again

Shky
isnt that always the way?