: Reactions to Comic for 11/16/2002

DarkShive
Fun fact: if you recall that technique Nanase used against Elliot when she split into 3 colors, that was the Spectrum technique; it was ki based, and it could theoritically be used by any of the characters who can control ki well enough. Magical Spectrum, however, is the same technique given more "oomph" through the power of magic. What is this technique fully capable of? Time will tell :bunny:

showler
Panel 6, contender for best panel ever.

Nice strategy there too.

In the last panel is Nanase pulling Ellen off to the side to talk?

The_Musical_Box
This is one of my fav ones yet, Nanase's choice of tactics is great too.

Major Kerina
Awesome. Great use of color spectrum magic to make a decoy. Green seems kinda playful. Great job Dan. ^_^ Now to see what Ellen does next....

Oh....wait....I get why she's more pinkish in the fourth panel.....

Emerald
one word: w007. :Popcorn:

Dan, you are my hero

...and Nanase is a close second :jester:

Sakura
Very good solution to the problem.

Admiral Jimmy
I mustn't....cannot....resist....tooo.....late...

W00TNESS!!!

Gah...glad I got that out of my system...

Acanous
at any rate, it was another GREAT comic, and i fully expect to see more like it in the near future... or my mind will snap...

Packrat
Now, THIS should be interesting. Ellen isn't going to like Nanase interfering, and might go after her, too. Lets hope she gets her message to Ellen in a hurry.

Acanous
there are 3 fakes, right? and Dan says they are all independant, so the message'll get thru.

Snowflake
Hmm, just noticed in the last panel that Ellen has some speedlines on her as she's moving frameleft. Either she's going to attack in a new location, or more likely one of the other Nanases is dragging her aside to tell her (or possible both of the other two, one to hold her calm and the other to tell her) ^_^

khald0n
I absolutely loved the color schemes running through the backgrounds of today's strip...from the vertical color stripes (panel one) to the rainbow circles.

Oh, what the heck. W007!

KatieCat
Great images; Even the most static (panel one) is a great shot of the team preparing for action; very Buffyesque. And now, after a couple of exposition and Taunt The Villain Moments, Dan's kicking this pupy into high gear!!

(Katie, Queen of the Mixed Metaphors!)

Shadow Demon
BUFFY!...ahem....sorry.Instinct.

Ninja Brad
Great ^_^

Very good dan! *thumbs up*

DaphneDiane
I love how you did the background in panel one. Interesting how Sarah and Justin have very similar 'identity' colors. I have to agree with the others, the facial expression in panel 6 is just priceless. "Bleah!" giggling...

:bunny: :cat: :jaguar: :cat:

Ninja Brad
panel 6 in general reminds me a bit like gotenks Super Ghost kamikazi attack, i mean, just how the ghosts act.

maybe thats what dan based it offa

TrueKaiser
so this is a split image tech that results in 1 real and two fake copies right?

i kept thinking it was like the split form tech that picclo(spelling?) uses to make 2 or more equally real people.

WEKM
Great work Dan!

But What About The Marchmallows?!?!?

jimmyinwhite
Originally posted by DarkShive
Fun fact: if you recall that technique Nanase used against Elliot when she split into 3 colors, that was the Spectrum technique; it was ki based, and it could theoritically be used by any of the characters who can control ki well enough. Magical Spectrum, however, is the same technique given more "oomph" through the power of magic. What is this technique fully capable of? Time will tell :bunny:

:cheers: :banana: :banana: time to dance hahaha. with one destracting the goo what are the other 2 doing?

Acanous
they're getting ellen.

DarkShive
Originally posted by Ninja Brad
panel 6 in general reminds me a bit like gotenks Super Ghost kamikazi attack, i mean, just how the ghosts act.

maybe thats what dan based it offa I know of what you speak, but no this is not based on the kamikazi ghost attack. The inspiration for the spectrum attack itself could have so many sources that I don't even know which would have come first, but that's just in reference to the "which one is real" scheme (which is why Elliot called it "trendy"). The RGB aspect of it just goes back to my physics class, which is ironic seeing as the comic so frequently defies the laws of physics. The illusions having personalities based on their colors (whoops, was that a spoiler? pardon me, must've been something I ate) comes from color schemes being symbolic in art.

Wanderer
WOO7!!!! I've been wating this for ages!!! Thanks Dan!!

Color schemes? <-- . --> Sounds just like my college classes....

Nanase splits into RGB, right? How about CYMK?

Fingolfin Aeros
K?

Wanderer
Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black, the standard for offset printing.... ^_^

Fingolfin Aeros
how does Black = K?

Admiral Jimmy
Well they can't use B, that already equals Blue.

Fingolfin Aeros
How about Bl? B = Blue, Br= Brown, Bl=Black.... Or atleast that's how it was broken down in my art classes.

Admiral Jimmy
*shrugs* I dunno. I'm not an expert on the subject. :p

Wanderer
Good point. I guess they made k black to have an abbreviation similar to RGB that'd be easily recognized....

Now I've taken the thread off-topic. My bad.

Deathscythe13x
Originally posted by Ninja Brad

maybe thats what dan based it offa

I had the same thought, except just Gotenks in general, not really the super ghost kamikazi attack

showler
I might as well mention that Nanase is once again floating in mid-air wearing what appears to be a fairly short skirt.

Emerald
hmm...i'd just like to point out and smile at the fact that Sarah's hair is now back, and not magically either. i just realized that shes brushing it back. yay :)

Major Kerina
To be fair, it was only a for a few minutes that her hair was like that....personally I would have fixed it immediately but I figure she had a lot things on her mind at the time....oh wait....red and blue without 'playful' green would be kind of a purple Nanase....ah...

spc mango
purple nananse? what does that have to do with anything?

anyway, another awesome strip dan!
definitaly appreciating the backgrounds in this one.

and the goo does not take well to being mocked...

Major Kerina
Purple is what you get from you remove green from red, blue and green....although Nanase was kinda red to begin with....hmmm....*perplexed again*