: Doin' the Fan Art thing

Czarland Junky
Okay, my comic, Dasien, is back every Friday now, and I'm upgrading the fan art section of the site to be more artist-friendly, which hopefully will be ready some time next week. I'm basically looking for anyone interested in doing fan art for it.
It's simple, really. Just draw a picture relating to the comic in some way and send it to me at "czarlandjunky@earthlink.net" with the words "FAN ART" in the subject box, and I'll post it, along with words of praise and a link back to your site. It's like a link exchange, only it doesn't require the commitment. Of course, if you WANT to link back to me anyway, that's cool too.

jonny axx
I can't get people to write an email, and you can get people to draw, scan, and send stuff to you? Do you have any pointers?
By the way czarland, I know your a big sprite fan, so you should check out my site, the banner that says "It's hard to look this Bad" Click it...I dare you.

Towers

zyrotin
well, hope you like what i sent you.

josh.

DunnBoyz
When I get a chance this week I am definitely drawing a badass Lord Crimson for ya.

Czarland Junky
As far as getting people to write and do fan art, Jonny, just being social seems to work. In addition to gabbing about stuff on a few web forums, I make sure EVERYONE knows I do a comic. I even start comic-related topics on other forums that aren't really about that.
In fact, it's a lot easier to do it on forums that are more open-topic oriented, because all you have to do is start a topic about comics, which will appeal to a specific group of people. Then when you're done, there's a link to your comic, just waiting for them to click.
You could also post in the specific forums of certain web comics. That's where a majority of my link exchanges come from, and most of my link exchange friends are also the ones who did a few of my fan art pictures.
What it amounts to is that sometimes you just gotta go to the people.

By the way, I loved that comic. Any time you have a rip-off character trying to authenticate his nature, you have the makings for pure comedy. Although I bet you a quarter that some people either won't get it or will even steal the gag and use it in their sprite comics. The irony, I tell you...

jonny axx
I didnt email it to you, but its in my site, i sent you the address. I hope you like the peice.

Towers

Czarland Junky
Yeah, that was pretty cool. It should be up Friday, or on the weekend at the latest. I just realized that I didn't thank Zyrotin for his submission, which was definately unique to anything I've gotten yet. Both submissions are cool.
Right now, I just got home, and I'm gonna go crash... Zzzzzzzzzz...

Czarland Junky
Oh, what the heck! Screw Friday. They're up now! If you'd like to go check them out, the new fan art page is at czarlandcomics.keenspace.com/fans/ (http://czarlandcomics.keenspace.com/fans/) .

The Unknown Comic
Hey, count me in. Just not right away. But, soon.:grin:

The Unknown Comic
Sent something. Hope you like it.:p

DunnBoyz
I suck at keeping my word. I might be able to finish it by....say, the time I graduate from college?:D

Czarland Junky
It's cool. Whenever. I'm glad I finally have that page beefed up. I loved all the submissions.