: 32-bit Alex part 2

abcd_z
Interested in a sprite sheet of 32-bit Alex, JayDee? I'm working on one now, just to improve my l33t pixeling skillz. Once I'm done I'll post it up here, and you can see for yourself.

Or do you already have a sprite sheet of 32-bit Alex attacking Dr. Wily? Hmmm?

JayDee
Actually I'd appreciate having the sprite sheet. That may be useful. And as far as when Alex fights Doctor Wily.... trust me it isn't 32 bit Alex. *Snicker* I'm evil.

abcd_z
Here's my sprite sheet. It's based on the (unplayable) Zero from Megaman X1, so there aren't a whole lot of sprites. However, I think the important ones are there. I wasn't sure what to do for the Super Scope, so I just left it as a blaster attached to Alex's hand. Also, I haven't gotten around to shading the fabric, like I did in my first 32-bit post. Other than that they're good to go. Enjoy!

:Popcorn:

Brendan J.

Guardian: Nobody's Perfect
http://guardian.keenspace.com

Joseph Tek Fox
    Hey.  I see my sprite of Alex's head in there. Hee hee.  ^-^

abcd_z
It has come to my attention that some people can't view this file as a .png file. So here's a gif attachment. Oh, and could I get some feedback on this? Specifically, from JayDee? When I first posted this I felt like nobody even noticed it. Anyhoo, here it is.

JayDee
Thought I did post something for this when it came up. I do like it, but the particular style is probably better suited for a Fighting sprite in the comic, that is somewhat larger, for one simple reason. Face size. I realized after I saw your sprites and I thought I responded (it may have been one of those posts that I took a while writing, then forgot to send in. I do that occasionally), that the Megaman X-style bodies had a head ill suited for a sprite comic. It's hard to make expressions, and body poses can be a tricky business for people to read. After you send those in I thought to myself, "that's good, but it's better suited for a game than a comic." So I sat down and started editing a spritesheet that I grabbed over at captainn.net 's sprite center, and started going through. Then I discovered that this is very time consuming. When Fox put his up, with Megaman 7 style face and everything, I grabbed it. What I've decided to do with yours, with your permission, is using it as a basis for a street fighter 2 style character. I won't be using it quite as soon, but it's a sprite style that I'm going to need at my disposal. Anyways, I hope this explaination is satisfactory, and I apologize if I didn't write anything before. I have a mind like a steel siv.

JayDee
Oh and I forgot the other thing. Fox somehow got the goggles to work at that size, which I was having a bugger of a time doing. They're sooo hard to upsize

abcd_z
Well, in that case I'll start working on fighting-style type sprites for the cap'n.
(I'll take anything, as long as I get full credit for it ^_^)

EDIT: (3 hours later) Dang, it's hard to make fighting-style sprites!
Erm, don't expect them any time soon.

Joseph Tek Fox
    Here's my dirty, little secret for the goggles.  *leans over*  Those are actually the same goggles from the facial portrait I did a long while ago, but resized dramatically, and cleaned up.  *draws back, smirking*