: Next up on the chopping block...

Rokuzen
Ok ladies and gents, I guess its about time I faced the music and ask for a review.

Could you all (or some) take a look at my comic Day-to-Day
http://www.newworldotter.com/daytoday.shtml

Ive been in the middle of reworking the page layout, so watch your heads.

thanks in advance,
Ryan:twitch:

ps, there are really two sections.... the toons from the student newspaper i was on and the more recent web years. Feel free to look at them all (please do) but right no I'm more interested in the ones since July this year.

Czarland Junky
Some of the gags were really funny and some were just... worthy of a chuckle. Not much different than the usual newspaper comics page. The joke where God is playing jacks with Earth... FUNNY STUFF!
The problem is that there were numerous times that I hit dead ends on your site, because I kept getting 404 errors. I went to find out what "First Online" and "First Ever" were, and I couldn't! I was going forward through your archive from the first comic, and i get stopped in my tracks after the one with the egg.
I think you have something good if some repairs could be made to the site.

chikin
Looks good. :) ^^

Few things I can see that bother me a *little* (this is purely opinion. :D So ignore it if you don't like it. ^^). First, I'd change the font on the webpage from deafult (or times new roman) to something else. Doesn't really matter what (I have a personal grudge against MS Comic Sans myself, but meh. :D), but I reckon it should be changed. To me TNR just looks weird on a webpage, probably 'cos its the font that all the earliest pages use (and it's the default font). So yeah, I'd change that. :)

Also, art-wise, try thickening some of your lines up a bit. The outlines are all the same width, things generally look more interestin if some are thicker, some smaller, etc. How you do that is up to you. ^^ Some people do thicker lines when they're closer, some outline thier characters wit hticker lines, soem use thicker lines to represent shadow, etc. You could even try getting a quill-style pen, or maybe even use a brush to ink with. It'd take practice, but the results are sweet. :D

But yeah, cool comic. :D I dug the Ninja Vs Sandwich . :D ^^

Rokuzen
Thanks for the tips. Sorry about the dead links. I guess in my zeal I had too much faith in my programing.

As for the font thing, I'll give it a whirl, what have i got to loose, right?

-the humble student
Ryan :ninja: