: Reactions to Comic for 11/19/2002

DarkShive
Dibs on Red as an Avatar :)

Sir Robin
At least Grace is getting better with her "secret identity" and responded to the name Claire. ;)

Major Kerina
That is a nifty avatar. And Grace is adorable. Great job again Dan. More color fun for everyone. Hard-headed Ellen....:p

Admiral Jimmy
Hehe, great work! Now let's see....with Green and Blue back in, but minus Red...the real Nanase should be....umm....*scratches head*

I dunno...anybody?

Sir Robin
Susan said she just turned yellow, but who knows, she could change colors again.

BuddyChrist
Oh hell yeah. Red angsty pissed off double! I think I'm in love. :devil:

alebann
I think Nanase is out of doubles after red gets spiked. She better convince Ellen to listen real fast.
I'm thinking Grace is going to step up at some point. why? foreshadowing.
Oh, and excellent comic as always, Dan. This has been an exceptional week of EGS

DaphneDiane
Wow, I must be blind. I just noticed the slime all over Ellen's suit. Checked back and it's been that way since the 13th. Looks like you've been having fun with Nanase's expressions... I think I've seen the full gambit since her spectral divide.

:bunny: :cat: :jaguar: :bunny:

khald0n
Nothing makes a calculus review lighter than Grace hiding behind Gregg. Good work, Dan. I just hope Red lasts longer. I'd sorta like to see some mad fighting skillz out of her.

spc mango
...um...

what happened to pink?

Packrat
That's going to be a REAL interesting conversation between Nanase and Ellen. So will be Ellens reaction.

KatieCat
Great work again, Dan; and great avatar.

I only hope Ellen doesn't become overly cautious, even timid, after discovering she's not going to die anyway.

BTW, where's Sarah?

DarkShive
Both Sarah and Justin are there, just not in-panel. As for "Pink" Nanase (I call her purple), that was Nanase. She went from normal to purple, then to yellow, and with Red out she's another different color. I was hoping Susan's dialogue would help to clarify this.

PS - Red fighting would be uneventful; she'd disapear the instant she touches something, same as all the other illusions

spc mango
...but why'd she turn to yellow?

Prof_Sai
Yes, nice looking conics this week. And an interesting idea, using primary colors as a basis for the doubles.

For those who are wondering, the primary colors (for self illuminating media) are:

Red
Green
Blue.

All three together make White.

When the real Nanase makes a duplicate, it is a primary color, and the real Nanase becomes the other two colors mixed together. Pull one color out, and you get:

No Red: Green + Blue = Cyan (or sky blue)
No Green: Red + Blue = Light Purple (or Magenta)
No Blue: Red + Green = Yellow

When we see real Nanace again, she'll be Cyan because now Red is out.

Dan has these colors mapped to personality traits, which seem to be:

Red: Anger
Green: Giddiness
Blue: Sadness

These are not the "Primary emotions" that I've heard about, (Love, Hate, Fear) but then that is a whole other topic that I don't know nearly as much about.

Yellow (original) Nanase doesn't seem to be lacking in any personality traits. If she were, it could make an interesting conversation with Ellen!

Major Kerina
Why would she be lacking in personaility traits?

SDHero
Neato. Nanase sure has a much larger spectrum of emotions than I'd imagined. She's suddenly become one of my favorite characters. How'd that happen?

Prof_Sai
Why would she be lacking in personaility traits?

Because she'd given them to one of the duplicates, just like she'd given them a color.

spc mango
*reads happosai's color code post*

....oh. i guess that explains it.

thanks ^_^

WEKM
Originally posted by SDHero
Neato. Nanase sure has a much larger spectrum of emotions than I'd imagined. She's suddenly become one of my favorite characters. How'd that happen?

Nanase has been one of MY favorite characters sense I first started reading the comic (after Amanda of course).
Grace is up there prity high too along with ellen, but Nanase just has that COOOOOL factor.
If she DOES decide to stick with boys, I'm available.

Great comic Dan. Things are REALLY starting to move now.
I too wonder how long before Grace/Claire gets involved (wereJeramy?).
I don't blame her for the hiding, that sort of language would disturb ME too.

Emerald
nanase has been my favorite from the beginning. dan, do you think you could do something fun for a blue avatar in the next comic? ive had this icon since the forum started.

awesome comic, by the way. it makes me happy. :)

Emerald
okay...nevermind. i just had some fun with yesterdays. :D

Major Kerina
Originally posted by Happosai
[i]Because she'd given them to one of the duplicates, just like she'd given them a color.

I'm not sure if it works that way.

showler
Hard to tell, Yellow Nanase seemed a little "intense" without Blue's emotional influence "...shut up and listen before I shut you up!" Purple Nanase didn't really have much to say, but that could be because she was being extra-serious without Green's exuberance. Hopefully we'll see Cyan Nanase tomorrow and find out if she's lacking anger/forcefulness without Red.

It wouldn't be overly surprising to find that the benefits of the magical spectrum attack are countered with an annoying side-effect such as emotional imbalance. Magic works like that in a great many stories.

Major Kerina
Originally posted by showler
Yellow Nanase seemed a little "intense" without Blue's emotional influence "...shut up and listen before I shut you up!"

Hmm....we can only wait and see but I'm pretty sure Dan mentioned in the reaction thread for Green's first appearance that the attack only influences Nanase's color appearance, not her personality...

Wanderer
Even tough it makes an interesting topic.

Major Kerina
True, but if it were to compromise a person's personality in such a way I don't think it would be considered such an effective attack.

spc mango
as for what yellow was saying...

i'd say it's appropriate given nananse's character and the current situation...

Major Kerina
Yeah, this is a serious situation and she can't take the time to negotiate with a crazy person...she needs her to listen to her and now....

KatieCat
If Nanase and Ellen end up in a fight, that may require Grace taking action after all!

0x53
the yellow was the REAL one?? so went my theory.....................

Major Kerina
What theory? *hovering question marks*....Scatter you!...*questions marks scatter*

0x53
so went dan's plea to stay on topic :p

if i remember correctly, it's on the bottom of the second page of the thread for the last comic. in essence, i figured the yellow would be the ditsy personality trait. either ditsy isn't a personality trait afterall, or dan decided not to think cliche (a wise choice indeed).

Major Kerina
Originally posted by 1010011
so went dan's plea to stay on topic

*question marks swarm*....what?

Originally posted by 1010011
In essence, i figured the yellow would be the ditsy personality trait. either ditsy isn't a personality trait afterall, or dan decided not to think cliche (a wise choice indeed).

Looking at it, your assumption about yellow was never really explained...why would ditziness go along with blond hair? *I set the Hammer Fury 3000 (TM) at my feet*

KatieCat
You've got the 3000 model? COOLNESS!

Prof_Sai
True, but if it were to compromise a person's personality in such a way I don't think it would be considered such an effective attack.

Indeed. Anime attacks are always very well thought out, scientifically accurate, practical and totally realistic. Yup.

BTW, Nanase normally wears a lot of red - suggesting that this is her dominant personality trait. I think that Cyan Nanase may do something that whole-Nanase may regret.

Major Kerina
I dunno...I don't study attacks in Anime. No need to be sarcastic :p

I'm just looking at the common sense of it.

I believe that what you wear reveals a lot about your personality...like it could reveal that Nanase likes the color red...simple as that.

showler
As I said earlier, in a lot of magic theories you can't (or very rarely can) get a benefit without a cost. The ability to have independently acting colour duplicates to distract and confuse your opponent would be worth the emotional cost. However, in the case of Red the cost may be too high since it could compromise her fighting ability. Since Nanase only needs to talk to Ellen having Red be out may not be a problem as it will keep her calm.

Major Kerina
Originally posted by DarkShive (post 22--11/16 reaction thread)I know of what you speak, but no this is not based on the kamikazi ghost attack. The inspiration for the spectrum attack itself could have so many sources that I don't even know which would have come first, but that's just in reference to the "which one is real" scheme (which is why Elliot called it "trendy"). The RGB aspect of it just goes back to my physics class, which is ironic seeing as the comic so frequently defies the laws of physics. The illusions having personalities based on their colors comes from color schemes being symbolic in art.

Nothing to do with it affecting Nanase. The illusions are just personalities that she's sending out in color form.

Fingolfin Aeros
So, now she (The "true" Nanase) is green?

Major Kerina
Here....

showler
Originally posted by Fingolfin Aeros
So, now she (The "true" Nanase) is green?

Cyan (lightish blue). She would only be green if she was capable of "poofing" out a Blue and a Red simultaneously. She hasn't so far, but there could be several reasons for this, including the possibility that it would leave Green Nanase feeling rather giddy and playful when she needs to be serious. I mean by this, that "poofing" a single colour at a time leaves the primary Nanase more emotionally balanced then she would be if she "poofed" two colours simultaneously. Since she is trying to have a serious conversation with Ellen, being emotionally balanced at this time is rather important. Under other circumstances she might not mind as much. This is, of course, dependent on the primary Nanase being emotionally affected by the "Mahoh no supekutoru" which is a matter of much debate among those of us who aren't Dan.

And Major Kerina, not to start an argument, but I don't see anything in there that says it doesn't affect Nanase, only that the illusion's personalities are based on colour.

That's not to say you are not right, I just don't think we have enough evidence yet to say for sure. Maybe tomorrow's comic, hopefully featuring Cyan Nanase, will give us more information. Dan probably won't.

Major Kerina
She hasn't so far, but there could be several reasons for this, including the possibility that it would leave Green Nanase feeling rather giddy and playful when she needs to be serious. I mean by this, that "poofing" a single colour at a time leaves the primary Nanase more emotionally balanced then she would be if she "poofed" two colours simultaneously. Since she is trying to have a serious conversation with Ellen, being emotionally balanced at this time is rather important. Under other circumstances she might not mind as much. This is, of course, dependent on the primary Nanase being emotionally affected by the "Mahoh no supekutoru" which is a matter of much debate among those of us who aren't Dan.

*still looking for Dan's post*....I know it's here somewhere where he says this doesn't affect the original's personality...

showler
I looked as well, but the one you found earlier was the only post I found as well. I wonder how hard Dan is laughing at all this?

Major Kerina
*glare*....

We'll see...

Fingolfin Aeros
Um.... With the spectrum I'm used to its RYB as main components.... Ya know, ROYGBIV.
But oh well, I'm just a genius, not the comic's author/creator/maker/Dan.....

showler
What colours does your monitor use?

spc mango
right now, my moniter is using lots of blues and whites...

and kerina, maam,
/^_^ i see something in there about the color personalities being based on art... but nothing about the 'real' nananse being unaffected.

Major Kerina
Why would anyone think that she would be affected?

spc mango
*blinka*
...didn't you suggest that?

Prof_Sai
Um.... With the spectrum I'm used to its RYB as main components....

Red-Green-Blue is for light. (Such as video monitors.)

Cyan-Magenta-Yellow is for transparent inks. (Computer printers and magic markers.)

Red-Yellow-Blue is for opaque paints.

I understand why light and transparent inks are different, but I don't get why Red-Yellow-Blue works for opaque paints. If anyone knows this, I'd be interested.

Prof_Sai
Why would anyone think that she would be affected?

Because the duplicates are acting out of character for Nanase. The duplicates have odd colors and personalities. The real Nanace also has an opposing odd color, so it follows that she might have an opposing odd personality too.

Major Kerina
But they're just projections...

Acanous
hmm... i really don't know about the magical spectrum, it's an anime style attack i've never seen before.. as for grace, i told Dan that i REALLY wanted to see her in the fight a while back, and he did this evil sort of laugh....
so we may yet see her in the fight, but if we do, something I don't expect is propably gonna happen..... and i expect almost anything at this point...

Major Kerina
Trust me on this please..:(...original Nanase is only changing color, not personality with this attack...

Acanous
OK, so her personality doesn't change than.
but what does that have to do with the other experimental werekids allying with alpha tedd in order to take what they believe to be rightfully there? or all the robots that will be appearing shortly, or that one gas station in the middle of nowhere blowing up due to invasion from the stars!?!?!
ok, i'm getting too carried away, now... hold on while i calm down...

spc mango
...that first rant seems plausible...

but giant robots?

Major Kerina
Your ability to go off-topic mid-sentence both frightens and astonishes me....

Acanous
i never said giant.... watch bill and ted's bogus journey. i think that's the second one. the robots were like clones, only EVIL!!!
so i was thinking maybie tedd and elliot would "get back" while the real tedd and elliot were diverted by a conveniant arcade, picnic lunch, game of twister, chess, monopoly, or scrabble, or are tied up as hostages. but like i said, i went WAAAAY out there.

Major Kerina
Nanase looks pretty good blond. A little weird, but it suits her well....

Acanous
I dunno.... kinda wierd from my POV.... maybie if she wasn't also yellow and dressed in yellow....
she'd look better dressed in her usual black, with a black band in stead of red, if she were to keep the yellow hair...
hmm.... black and yellow... reminds me of the lego mechs i used to make...

Zab Jade
Actually, green isn't a primary color, it's a secondary. A primary is any color that can't be made by using a combination. You get green by combining blue and yellow (yellow being the third primary)

Anyway, great comic, Dan. My brother forced me to start reading it this morning and I got to the current one. (plots to work in secret lab and make a Jeremy.)

Major Kerina
Welcome Zab Jade ^_^

And good point :)

spc mango
it was discussed earlier...

green is a primary color of light,
it's a secondary of pigment. some kind of physics, i guess...

but a point, nonetheless

Major Kerina
Yeah....here's a reference item Physics Lesson (http://www.physicsclassroom.com/Class/light/U12L2d.html)

Acanous
hmm. makes some sence.
i remember that the colour we see is in reality every colour but the one we see. things absorb all the other colours, and bounce the one we see back at us.
thus white is actually black, and black is white.
odd, no?

Major Kerina
Very much so....science is so very odd...and it really bugs me how light can be both a wave and a particle at the same time....

Acanous
hmm... true. maybie the waves carry the particles, and they both need to be there to make light?
like the wave bounces off the particles, sending them rocketing along, while reflecting off them?
would explain a little, like how come we can see beems of light, or how mechanical light works differently than solar light(different particles)

DarkShive
The real Nanase's personality isn't affected by what color she is. I wonder how many more times before this is over it will need to be pointed out that we're dealing with the primary colors of light and not paint...

showler
I was going to say that since the illusions seem to be primarily a colour and an emotion and since we know the colour they are is stripped from the Primary Nanase there is no reason to think the emotion isn't as well.

However, Dan just blew my theory to hades and back, so.....nevermind.

jimmyinwhite
Originally posted by DarkShive
The real Nanase's personality isn't affected by what color she is. I wonder how many more times before this is over it will need to be pointed out that we're dealing with the primary colors of light and not paint... the goo is toast :devil: :flaming: with ellen on one side & nanase on the other:nuklear: !

KatieCat
I still think Ellen and Nanase might get embroiled in their discussion, Ellen not wanting to listen. There's also history there that might make Nanase's job more difficult. Grace will have to realize and act upon her true potential!

Why else have Greg hint at it?

Major Kerina
Told ya Dan said it....but no one ever listens to me....*sigh*

Prof_Sai
i remember that the colour we see is in reality every colour but the one we see. things absorb all the other colours, and bounce the one we see back at us.
thus white is actually black, and black is white.
odd, no?

Huh?! No I think that someone just made that up to sound cool. Regrettably, there is A LOT of misinformation out there about some things, even in textbooks and magazines that ought to know better.

The real situation with light has quite a few variables, but actually makes perfect sense once you know them all. (Thankfully, quantum physics is not involved.) The light sensors (cones) in your eye respond to Red, Green, and Blue, so I see these as the true primaries.

Prof_Sai
The real Nanase's personality isn't affected by what color she is.

Well, the creator has spoken. (I must have missed it if he said this before.) I think it would have been funny to have an attack where you have to risk doing something ridiculous every time you use it.

Gemedet
So are we dealing with the primary colors of light and not paint? I wasn't quite sure if that was totally clarified in the last post.

and I start off my first post with a totally sarcastic remark! Score!

Major Kerina
That would be true Gemedet....as Dan pointed out...

My first post point was about how aliens were responsible for Grace suddenly being able to change her weight....so don't worry about it.

Welcome Gemedet ^_^. If you would like an avatar...feel free to browse the Grab Bag or if you're looking for something specific just PM me and I should be able to find it for you.

Acanous
ahh. i see. however, i don't think my statement is incorrect, but it is on the level that no matter what colour it is, we call it by what we see, therefore it is still the same colour, because it's what we decided to name the perseption.
anyway, i for one know a great deal about misinformation, as does anyone who ever attended a public or private school.
it's most commonly known as rumour or gossip.
I try to allways speak the truth, tinged with the scent of a lie, so as people allways have to guess about the factuallity of what i say.
helps the world in general to keep people thinking, and finding answers for themselves.
=)

showler
In truth, I'm a little disappointed that the Primary Nanase isn't affected emotionally by the spell. While I wouldn't want her to become stuck with a single emotion while using the spell, I think it would work, and be interesting if she found herself stripped of a single emotion by the spell in much the same way that she is stripped of a single colour.

But it is Dan's world, I only come here to watch.

Acanous
exactly.
so keep your arms and legs inside the ride at all times, sit tight, and enjoy the show!
but it's allways fun and interesting to speculate.
after all, that's what this forum is all about, right?
oh, and lookie what I found in my email today!!!
Since i know ur password i went into your hotmail account and activated your reply to join my anime group. i'll give you the link to it here. http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/draconianscourge .
doesn't that just make ME feel all secure....

Major Kerina
In truth, I'm a little disappointed that the Primary Nanase isn't affected emotionally by the spell.

*shakes head*....I don't see why people think that her personality would be affected....*sigh*....dissappointed? :Puzzled:....whatever....

Acanous
maybie they just wanna see nanase emotionally unbalanced.
but anyways, i've been havin some fun with yahoo now!

showler
Originally posted by Major Kerina
*shakes head*....I don't see why people think that her personality would be affected....*sigh*....dissappointed? :Puzzled:....whatever....

Okay, this was my thinking: The Magical spectrum attack seems better than the regular spectrum attack mainly in it seems to give the illusions the ability to act independent of Nanase. The other difference that was immediately apparent was that they had personalities. I reckoned that the personalities were why they could act independently, and that the source of the personalities was that Nanase "gave" them a part of her emotions in the same way that she "gave" them a part of her spectrum. This would explain why they seemed to have only a single emotion, just like they have a single colour. Since Nanase was stripped of the colour she gave away it seemed likely that she was stripped of the emotion she gave away as well. This would not give the real Nanase a personality to match her colour (yellow wouldn't be scared) but would instead give her a personality lacking an emotion. In the first strip she created Green, which in my theory would have left her extra serious, which would not be a bad thing given the seriousness of the situation. When she created Blue she would have lacked a certain sympathy/cry-babyness and the yellow version of Nanase seemed to fit this (why scream at somebody who thinks she is a non-person doomed to die in less than a month? Seems cruel to me).

Mostly I thought it would make the spell more interesting to have a downside and there was nothing saying it wasn't true. If Dan said so, I reckon it must have been in a chat, because nobody can turn up the message.

DarkShive
*shakes head*....I don't see why people think that her personality would be affected....*sigh*....dissappointed? :Puzzled:....whatever.... I've heard wilder theories in the past, and it's not that far-fetched seeing as she lost the color and each color had a unique personality. Other people's theories are valid too, even if they're inaccurate.

I think I did mention it to the Major in a chat, although I generally tell people not to spoil anything based on what I tell them in private so the Major may have thought it inappropriate to simply state "Dan said so in AIM", which was a good line of thought although asking me for permission to say that would've worked too. As it is I posted the answer myself and probably should've done so earlier.

Major Kerina
I promised you a while ago, Dan that, no matter what, I would never quote or cite as a reference, your AIMs on this forum....And I'm still kinda too afraid of you (in a way of reverence---sorry, nervous) to just ask you something directly like "Can I tell them you said this in AIM?"

showler
Well, I kind of wish you had said "I have a VERY good reason (which I can't reveal) for believing Dan isn't doing it that way". In the meantime though, it was fun discussing it. Except for the constant efforts to explain light spectrum from ink spectrum from paint spectrum.

I'll be right next time....I would have been right this time if it wasn't for those meddling kids and their dog Scooby-Dan.

Acanous
well, i just got back from watching triple X. that movie kicked @$$ and took names.
i recognised 4 sonic stunts he pulled off, and it looked bloody cool on the big screen.
now that this topic is over, i just feel the need to change the subject so as someone can input a new line of thought.
so i'll say this:
seeing as how it seems Nanase is out of colours, andshe still hasn't explained anything to ellen, will greg fight the goo while they talk? and, citing a previous comic, does his hair have the ability to turn gold yet?
and is ellen still producing hormones due to her V.5 ness?
stay tuned, the answers to these and other very important questions may be reveiled in the next exiting episode of El Goonish Shive!
-same TF time,
same goo URL!

showler
Boy, you must spend a lot of time talking with Dan.

If you can't reveal it I won't ask. But I will ask you not to hint broadly at it and then say nothing because you are not allowed to talk about it. I had a heck of a time understanding why you were so determined regardless of what evidence I tried to present.

Major Kerina
I like to talk to Dan as a friend. ^_^

showler
Originally posted by Acanous
seeing as how it seems Nanase is out of colours, andshe still hasn't explained anything to ellen, will greg fight the goo while they talk? and, citing a previous comic, does his hair have the ability to turn gold yet?
and is ellen still producing hormones due to her V.5 ness?

She's not out of colours as the colours reintegrate after the destruction of the illusion (she couldn't have been yellow without reintegrating Green). However, she may not be able to recreate the Green illusion right away.

I don't think Greg will be going Super anytime soon.

Probably, but uncertain. The girls in the locker room weren't staring at her in _that_ way, but that may have been because she was acting creepy.

Acanous
yes... exactly...
i figure that the attack is like a cycle, and once it is finished, she will have to reinitiate it in order to re-create the green illusion.
Greg may or may not have the ability, seeing as how he's had so much time to practice, and that's what he was doin in his spare time, aside from watching reruns of the lucky bunny bounty show, and propably some Evangellion.
or maybie even some Ixellion....
and if you really stop and think, background charactors who have allready been exposed may have been trying to hide thier emotions, especially in a room full of people...
so all the questions i raise hold valid points, even though they propably won't happen.
i do this to military tactics all the time.
and when I DM, murphy's law comes into effect strong, so as it's allways exiting... i got one player scared of grandfather clocks, and 2 more who are constantly checking for traps....
bwa ha haa!
OK, that's enough now, i'm drifting...

showler
Originally posted by Acanous
Greg may or may not have the ability, seeing as how he's had so much time to practice, and that's what he was doin in his spare time, aside from watching reruns of the lucky bunny bounty show, and propably some Evangellion.

Ehh! He can't even throw a Kamehameha yet and just about everyone can do that long before going Super.

Acanous
true, true... but can vagita throw a kamehameha? i've never seen 'im do it...
and he's SS2 where i'm at...

showler
Don't know about that specific attack, but Vegita throws a tonne of energy attacks and Greg has never managed a single one.

Acanous
true... true....maybie greg should work on learning the KO cannon attack first.

spc mango
the evil giant robot clones...

evil robot us-es! i remember that!

Acanous
*YAY!*
that's why i love these forums so much, it's like bein in a room full of buddies.
like at starbase.
on a monday.
so anyone wanna audition for the position of "Battle Buddy"?

spc mango
dibs!

...wait, does that mean we have to use the latrine together?

Major Kerina
There's a latrine? And I've been using....nah....I won't finish that....

Prof_Sai
I would never quote or cite as a reference, your AIMs on this forum.

Ah ha! And I'd chalked you (Major) up as having had a tendency to put words in Dan's mouth! But once again, it's all Dan's fault. He lures us here with his comic, and then spreads despair and confusion wherever he goes!

Edit: Removed other edit. See future posts for my explanation of what I was trying to say here.

Major Kerina
Hey! I was not addressing you Happosai :mad:

Speak on this matter again and I'll be very upset....

Prof_Sai
??

Major Kerina
Delete those last two posts or you'll face Dan's off-topic wrath in the morning....and besides that's a nasty thing to say about Dan!!!!...And I am seriously offended that you would say such a thing about me!

Psycho Squirel
Originally posted by Happosai
I would never quote or cite as a reference, your AIMs on this forum.

Ah ha! And I'd chalked you (Major) up as having had a tendency to put words in Dan's mouth! But once again, it's all Dan's fault. He lures us here with his comic, and then spreads despair and confusion wherever he goes!
well thats a fucked up thing to say.

Snowflake
I think the confusion and despair remark was a sarcastic one, but to route this back to on-topicness, these colours of Nanase's were pretty cool, and I hope some of the others can someday use the spectrum attack. :)

Admiral Jimmy
Sarcastic or not, it was in very bad taste, and I expect Dan isn't going to be too happy when he reads it.

Can't say that I am, either. :angry:

showler
It's generally a bad idea to get offended on someone else's behalf. Let Dan decide whether it bothers him and speak for yourself only is a good rule of thumb (in my uneducated opinion).

That said, I think the comment was entirely sarcastic with maybe a bit of a bite at Major Kerina. Best just to let it go (again, in my uneducated opinion).

Major Kerina
I find it to be no surprise the people I consider the meanest people on this thread responded in Happosai's defense. I see no direction in Happosai's response that he was being sarcastic and doubt that was the intention...it seemed like meaness for meanness's sake.

Snowflake - If you hope to have any credibility...how can you defend Happosai when if I said anything similar you'd kill me with words in half a minute?

Showler - A bit!....you do not want to get on my bad side...

Ninja Brad
Hmmm...Happosai, what u said was rude and disgraceful, personally, i think u should just crawl into some hole and begone as if thy never came

Prof_Sai
with maybe a bit of a bite at Major Kerina.

No Bite at all. I was apologizing to Major! In another topic Major was attributing things to Dan that I could not find on these boards. I thought that she had made them up. But in fact Dan had been telling things to her privately that I might have needed to know.

Major, when you encounter a statement on the net that offends you, please try harder to make sure that you are really understanding the writer's intent correctly. Is it possible that some of "the meanest people on this thread" were not really trying to offend you? Not everyone uses language in the same way, or takes words to mean exactly the same thing. Misunderstandings happen - that's just life, and getting angry won't help.

showler
Happosai: Sorry, I guess I mis-read what you said as well. I thought you were tweaking her a bit.

Major Kerina: Frankly, I couldn't care less about being on your bad side. We have no interaction except on this board, and that is only at our own discretion.

Ninja Brad: There is only one response to a comment as rude as yours.....NINJA!!!!! :)

Major Kerina
Don't bother....you're both on my ignore....

spc mango
.....NINJA!!!!! :)

someone call me?

showler
No, Brad. Maybe we need to colour code Ninja cries?

spc mango
oh...ok...

*sulks on ceiling*

Major Kerina
Happosai - Yeah...you apologize by turning the blame on someone else (asked some via AIM to read your post to me)

And the author ought to think before posting. And why haven't you deleted your offensive post?

spc mango
if he deletes his post, the last page will seen completly random, and is bound to confuse the bunnies who missed it! and happ has a point, the bunnies get enough confusion as is around here, from dan and from eachother

showler
She can't see this, but frankly there is no reason to delete the post. If she insists on interpreting it as offensive that is her problem not Happosai's.

Censorship of others is not acceptable. Only Dan has a right to do that around here.

Prime Guardian
Feh..."the road to hell is paved with good intentions".

Regardless of your intent, Happosai, a lot of people, including me, took that comment to be rude and/or insulting. At the very least, you should apologize for making it.

Showler, you are not helping matters any by trying to take Kerina to task for her reaction. When someone gets angry, the last thing anyone should do is to make matters worse by "talking down" to that person.

Oh, and if either of you are offended by this, I apologize in advance. It is not my intention to fan the flames, so to speak, but to help to end this argument.

showler
I stated quite clearly that it was my opinion only. I even said "uneducated opinion" to add extra weight to it.

Major Kerina started on the "you don't want to get on my bad side" bit.

IN MY OPINION she has a thin skin. She decided to block my messages so anything further I say she won't see unless someone quotes it. I don't see anywhere where I talked down to her, if you'd care to point it out I will apologize only if I agree that it was out of line.

IN MY OPINION a good rule of thumb in most cases is that when a comment can be either insulting or sarcastic, it's safer to assume it's sarcastic until proven wrong. As with Ninja Brad a few posts ago.

And I still don't know how I became one of "the meanest people on this thread". Until my response to Admiral Jimmy with a very mild, general comment, almost all my posts had been about my colour/emotion theory. There were two posts to Major Kerina about half-revealing things Dan told her but refusing to tell us more. Major Kerina, meanwhile, kept referring to a non-existant post by Dan to justify her comments (I looked several times for it), then *glare*ed at me in post 45, said "trust me on this" in post 55 without giving a reason. When Dan commented in post 69 the discussion switched to my reasons for believing what I did, until the three comments mentioned above.

At no point did I "talk down" to anyone (IN MY OPINION) or ask them to remove comments, change comments, or even apologize for comments. As far as I can tell, my conscience is clean, if you have something you think I should apologize for...show me and I'll consider it.

Prof_Sai
Major: I was honestly trying to apologize for some tension between us. I am sorry that I it didn't come out the way I wanted it to.

Dan: I do have an issue with you. I've been trying to put it aside this last week, and that "despair and confusion" line was meant to be mocking my own feelings on the subject. But it is real, and I think it is better to resolve the problem.

I have to go now, but should be back after midnight.

Prime Guardian
Showler, my point was that regardless of who is in the right, this has gone beyond a difference of opinion. When someone is angry enough that they're lashing out, the last thing that anyone should do is start contradicting them, or whatever.

In other words, this argument is totally pointless. That's my opinion, by the way. It needs to stop here, before things really get out of hand.

showler
It is pointless. I agree with that. Major Kerina has me blocked now anyway, so my discussion is entirely with other people (such as you).

Contradicting someone who is wrong is not pointless, however, regardless of whether they are "lashing out". Otherwise, all somebody has to do is get angry and discussions stop without really ending. This is, after all, a discussion board.

That said, I am only responding to other people's posts on this subject. I won't bring it up on my own. This isn't a "fun" argument anyway, although the discussion of colours and emotions was quite good.

Major Kerina
Showler - Actually it's impossible to keep anyone on Ignore for me because I'm too concerned about what they're saying.

You're just provoking strife. Stop it.

showler
I'm glad you're back.

And I said I won't bring it up again.

Prime Guardian
What good does it do to be "right" about something, especially when it's only causing bad feelings? Let's just drop this...there is NO point in saying anything else about the subject, unless it's to get the last word in. Just let it go, alright?

EDIT--I didn't see your latest post, Showler, when I wrote this. I'm glad this is winding down...I hate to see arguments on message boards.

Snowflake
I find it to be no surprise the people I consider the meanest people on this thread responded in Happosai's defense. I see no direction in Happosai's response that he was being sarcastic and doubt that was the intention...it seemed like meaness for meanness's sake.

Snowflake - If you hope to have any credibility...how can you defend Happosai when if I said anything similar you'd kill me with words in half a minute?

Kerina, you told me "it would be better for both of us if we never speak again and go our separate ways" to which I agreed. I am very offended that you'd blatantly ignore your own wishes with such unprovoked insults.

Major Kerina
Forget it, I'm not gonna let myself get drawn back into this argument....

DarkShive
I think a lot of people are getting really worked up over trivial matters. Course I'm not sure what Happosai's issue with me is, but that can hopefully be handled via private messages. Personally, I don't understand what the anger is all about and why it can't be let go by all those involved.

Acanous
-It doesn't Matter
now what happens,
I will NEVER
give up the fight!
Long as the Voice inside drives me
to run and FIGHT!
It doesn't matter,
WHO IS WRONG AND WHO IS RIGHT!
-it doesn't matter, SA2.

Major Kerina
*gives a flower to Snowflake, Showler and Happosai..*

I think we can all just get along. I'm sorry for overreacting.

Acanous
:D
now we're all better, right?
Good.
:D
and now for the fabulous dancing bananas!
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::monkey:
HEY! who let that monkey in here!!

Snowflake
Agreed. Tis what I wanted all along. :)

No let us never speak of it again and instead make this back to ontopicness!

The main reason I'd like to see the other characters use the spectrum attack is to see what THEIR three personalities would be like. Greg going "BLEAH!" just sounds TOO funny. :)

Major Kerina
We've kinda seen playful Greg....sad Greg when admitting he's not a pervert...and angry Greg trying to make his hair spikey....

And it seems as if Elliot's not too fond of "trendy" attacks ^_^

spc mango
yeah, but they need ki and magic...

that leaves only nananse...

not harry potter,
not grace,
and not newt gingrich

Prof_Sai
*gives a flower to Snowflake, Showler and Happosai..*

Flower accepted. :angel:
::starts doing genetic experiments to give the flower superpowers.::

spc mango
*splashes chemical X on flower*

ninja!

Acanous
uh oh... waaaait, don't you need sugar and spice, and happyfaces with that flower and chem X to make a PPG?
*Acanous watches the flower glow green and than die, than 10 new flowers grow from the old one*
reminds me of evolution 2