: Thank you, Sprite_monkey!

flamingspinach
Thank you!

Michael Chandra

Anyways, what's the Evil Overlord List, and where can I view it?

Also, Sprite Monkey, what mess is the old geezer talking about?

flamingspinach
Clarification: Thank you for saying that we (meaning SoMT fans) are really the best! :)

As for the Evil Overlord List, I found out about it after looking at Inuyasha's sig. I'm sure you can find it too, with not much trouble... but what the heck. I empathize with lazy people. The Evil Overlord List (http://www.eviloverlord.com/lists/overlord.html). This is very funny! You must read it! Don't forget the Cellblocks. :D

As for the geezer, I'm guessing it's because when Seth got sent flying, he crashed into something, thereby causing a mess of some sort. That's just my opinion. I could be wrong. I'm not a 400-pound gorilla.

Michael Chandra
Thanks, Sprite Monkey.
Say, flaming, you forgot an l.
http://www.eviloverlord.com/lists/overlord.html
Some cool quotes from it.

I will only employ bounty hunters who work for money. Those who work for the pleasure of the hunt tend to do dumb things like even the odds to give the other guy a sporting chance.

I will hire a team of board-certified architects and surveyors to examine my castle and inform me of any secret passages and abandoned tunnels that I might not know about.

Before employing any captured artifacts or machinery, I will carefully read the owner's manual.

If it becomes necessary to escape, I will never stop to pose dramatically and toss off a one-liner.

I will never build a sentient computer smarter than I am.

I will design fortress hallways with no alcoves or protruding structural supports which intruders could use for cover in a firefight.

My security keypad will actually be a fingerprint scanner. Anyone who watches someone press a sequence of buttons or dusts the pad for fingerprints then subsequently tries to enter by repeating that sequence will trigger the alarm system.

When my guards split up to search for intruders, they will always travel in groups of at least two. They will be trained so that if one of them disappears mysteriously while on patrol, the other will immediately initiate an alert and call for backup, instead of quizzically peering around a corner.

If I decide to test a lieutenant's loyalty and see if he/she should be made a trusted lieutenant, I will have a crack squad of marksmen standing by in case the answer is no.

flamingspinach
Shoot. Sorry 'bout that. Here's some other really good ones:

I will not include a self-destruct mechanism unless absolutely necessary. If it is necessary, it will not be a large red button labelled "Danger: Do Not Push". The big red button marked "Do Not Push" will instead trigger a spray of bullets on anyone stupid enough to disregard it. Similarly, the ON/OFF switch will not clearly be labelled as such.

I will never employ any device with a digital countdown. If I find that such a device is absolutely unavoidable, I will set it to activate when the counter reaches 117 and the hero is just putting his plan into operation.

Despite its proven stress-relieving effect, I will not indulge in maniacal laughter. When so occupied, it's too easy to miss unexpected developments that a more attentive individual could adjust to accordingly.

I will never build only one of anything important. All important systems will have redundant control panels and power supplies. For the same reason I will always carry at least two fully loaded weapons at all times.

I will not imprison members of the same party in the same cell block, let alone the same cell. If they are important prisoners, I will keep the only key to the cell door on my person instead of handing out copies to every bottom-rung guard in the prison.

If my trusted lieutenant tells me my Legions of Terror are losing a battle, I will believe him. After all, he's my trusted lieutenant.

I will be neither chivalrous nor sporting. If I have an unstoppable superweapon, I will use it as early and as often as possible instead of keeping it in reserve.

I will make sure I have a clear understanding of who is responsible for what in my organization. For example, if my general screws up I will not draw my weapon, point it at him, say "And here is the price for failure," then suddenly turn and kill some random underling.

If I learn that a callow youth has begun a quest to destroy me, I will slay him while he is still a callow youth instead of waiting for him to mature.

I will treat any beast which I control through magic or technology with respect and kindness. Thus if the control is ever broken, it will not immediately come after me for revenge.

If I learn the whereabouts of the one artifact which can destroy me, I will not send all my troops out to seize it. Instead I will send them out to seize something else and quietly put a Want-Ad in the local paper.

The deformed mutants and odd-ball psychotics will have their place in my Legions of Terror. However before I send them out on important covert missions that require tact and subtlety, I will first see if there is anyone else equally qualified who would attract less attention.

If my advisors ask "Why are you risking everything on such a mad scheme?", I will not proceed until I have a response that satisfies them.

I will see a competent psychiatrist and get cured of all extremely unusual phobias and bizarre compulsive habits which could prove to be a disadvantage.

If all the heroes are standing together around a strange device and begin to taunt me, I will pull out a conventional weapon instead of using my unstoppable superweapon on them.

I will not agree to let the heroes go free if they win a rigged contest, even though my advisors assure me it is impossible for them to win.

If my doomsday device happens to come with a reverse switch, as soon as it has been employed it will be melted down and made into limited-edition commemorative coins.

If my weakest troops fail to eliminate a hero, I will send out my best troops instead of wasting time with progressively stronger ones as he gets closer and closer to my fortress.

If I am fighting with the hero atop a moving platform, have disarmed him, and am about to finish him off and he glances behind me and drops flat, I too will drop flat instead of quizzically turning around to find out what he saw.

I will not shoot at any of my enemies if they are standing in front of the crucial support beam to a heavy, dangerous, unbalanced structure.

I will not use any plan in which the final step is horribly complicated, e.g. "Align the 12 Stones of Power on the sacred altar then activate the medallion at the moment of total eclipse." Instead it will be more along the lines of "Push the button."

After I captures the hero's superweapon, I will not immediately disband my legions and relax my guard because I believe whoever holds the weapon is unstoppable. After all, the hero held the weapon and I took it from him.

When arresting prisoners, my guards will not allow them to stop and grab a useless trinket of purely sentimental value.

My door mechanisms will be designed so that blasting the control panel on the outside seals the door and blasting the control panel on the inside opens the door, not vice versa.

Sorry about the large number of them. There's just so many good ones!

Billybobgeorgebob
Hey thanks for pointing out that site to me. Ive been looking for it for a long time because I forgot where it was. But what's this ark and yomi stuff?

Jemsy
First of all, yes, thank you Sprite_monkey!

Now, about the mess they mentioned... I was having trouble figuring it out myself. The first thing that came to my mind was something to do with the easter eggs in episodes 41 and 42, but I think flamingspinach's explanation is better. I don't know...

Kuro-chan
And a big "Thank You" to Sprite Monkey for what he and I talked about this morning. ;)

Later,

Hugbee
Spinach is right. The implication is that Seth was nocked into stuff, creating a mess of some sort.

flamingspinach
Originally posted by BillyBobGeorgeBob
But what's this ark and yomi stuff?

*jaw drops* Play Terranigma, dammit! Or take a look at Genesis Reality in a few months. :D