: metal gear solid 2

Dillinger
holy fuck! i'm playing metal gear solid 2, and right now i'm in the 50th minute of a cinematic. i'm about to fucking snap!!! this is easily the most idiotic, most convoluted plot i've ever seen. what 15 year old boy wrote this shit?

update: okay... i just finished it. i'm going to blow my head off. i don't think i've ever really been frustrated with the plot development of anything, but when this game finished, i swear to god, i wanted to take a tire iron to the scripters of this lame-melodramatic-convoluted-anime-movie-passed-off-as-a-game.

rune
Yeah that sounds similar to what I've heard about the PS2 version of the game... weird convoluted plot. I don't imagine that they changed too much for the switch to the xbox.
Try out Splinter Cell.... that game looks to be mouth-wateringly good!

Dillinger
that's what prae said

goonigoogoo
What's the word on that Ratchet and Clank game? Looks kinda like Jak and Daxter, but with weapons....which is a-ok in my books

Razer Wolf
Play through MGS2 again, but skipping the cinematics and shit.

Much more fun.

Dillinger
no doubt

Jalapeno 48
heard rachet and clank was pretty good, can't say so for myself, just read a review in a mag. what about rygar? that game looks interesting. and metroid prime, ooooooooooh man, sweet gaming goodness!

Dub
There's a fine art to enjoying MGS2. If you keep your controller clenched in your hands, waiting at the ready for more action through the cinimas, you'll hate it. This game is played out like a weird, conviluded movie, and should be treated as such. I kept a bag of nuts and a Sprite at the ready at all times, so when a cinima came on, I could just lay back and enjoy.

Dillinger
well fuck. if that's what i wanted, i would have rented a bad anime movie... i wanted a game - a playable one

Razer Wolf
Meh, it's good as a game, just annoying with all the cinematics. You -can- always skip 'em though.

Dub
Well, if you're gonna skip the cinimas, I'd just go with Splinter Cell. The only real difference between the two are the plot lines.