: Secret of mana 2

MARKed man
What do you guys (and girls) think about secret of mana 2?
(Actual name is Seiken Densetsu 3)

MARKed man
I'd say Secret of mana (1) is still better.

Billybobgeorgebob
His hair... is that a lion's main?

RabidFlamingo
I'd say that Riesz roxxor. The replay value is more then Secret of Mana... but you de-railed my train of thought. GAAAHHH! I like the characters better then secret of mana, but I like Secret of Manas magic system.

Typhin
Nah, none of us have ever heard of that. I mean, who here would actually be interested in other games in the series, or even know of them? ^_~

--Typhin, who hated Legend of Mana (PSX). It just rubbed him the wrong way or something.

jakr87
SoM 1 is better, I've beaten that game at least 10 times
:hammer:

Michael Chandra
I LOVED SD3. Just like SOM.
SD3 has the BEST graphics ever seen on the SNES.

Tree, grass, path, each has MAXIMAL 5 colours, but it looks good like hell!

flamingspinach
Yeah, yeah... best graphics go to Terranigma, Chrono Trigger, and Bahamut Lagoon. Hands down.

Oh, and BTW, hell doesn't look that good. I'd know...

MARKed man
Seiken Densetsu 3 is cool, it's nice to play an "old" SNES game in these new times. Too bad I have to play it on the PC. Today's games focus too much on Graphics, that's bad. I like a good storyline with some kick-ass game play, even if it does look crappy.

flamingspinach
I agree completely! It seems that many people feel this way... we should sign a petition or something.

The Savage Lady
yeah i played both and liked each!

Kuro-chan
Funny. I was reading something about sprite art a while back, and they used SD3 as their reference point, talking about the different layers, the no. of tiles used just to cover a small patch of grass. For SD3, they really went out of their way to make a LOT of their graphics fresh and original and I thought that part of the game was done extremely well.

Later,

MARKed man
Originally posted by flamingspinach
I agree completely! It seems that many people feel this way... we should sign a petition or something.

Hold that thought. We could rock the very foundations of the gaming world!

Kuro-chan
So, we write and sign a petition saying we want to see Seiken Densetsu 3 on either/or SNES and Gameboy Advance, right? (and, of course, to please stick to the original name so we know what we are looking for...)

Later,

acebloke
It would spice up the game-boy advance, and actualy be a decent SNES conversion, 1 or 2. GBA has alot of SNES games in the uk, and I laugh at the people who pay 20 quid for the game, when I pay about 2 or 3 quid second-hand for SNES

... Oh for the original question, I liked the magic/weapon system was good in No. 1 and 2 had some interesting extra's and would be better than 1 IF it kept the way they did the weapons/magic.
Because they didn't, I'd say both games are good in their different ways

geekgirl101
Took flippin' ages to complete it. Great game though, luuuuurvely graphics and music. With SOM it took me 2 days to complete, this took me almost 2 weeks! :)

flamingspinach
GAH! That's not what I meant at all! I meant to sign a petition asking Nintendo to focus on gameplay rather than graphics. But then again... SNES classics on GBA would rock! So just forget I wrote this. :D

Typhin
SNES classics on the GBA are currently rocking. In fact, they're just about all that's rocking. I want new games, dangit!

--Typhin, who's somewhat miffed that the "new" Zelda game is Link to the Past with a multiplayer mode.

Bismark87
Well even though SoM2 had more options on most parts, I still prefer first one, dunno why

Sephiroth
I enjoyed SD3 better than SOM because I never really got into the storyline for SOM. I connected better with the characters from SD3.

Kristian
Iv played trough both secret of mana 1-2, id say secret of mana 2 has better graphixs but in secret of mana 1 u get to chose weapons and i think the story is slightly better :S :P Beside i like the characters more :D

Kuro-chan
I enjoyed the SD3 (SoM2) story a great deal better then SD2 (SoM1). I found the story to be far darker, more depressing and full of a lot more twists and twinking.

Still, the storywriting for the Seiken Densetsu series is awesome all around (even Final Fantasy Adventure... (SD1)) The writers of the FF series could take a few lessons from these guys (referring to plot bombs like FFVII and FFX...)

Later,

michel
I've played both. but I must say I like secret of mana 1 better. Just because of the fact that you can change weapons in one and in 2 youre stuck to the kind of weapon your character has. Also everybody talks about secret of mana 2 being more colourfull. Is that so? I think secret of mana 1 looked better... Maybe it is just me?

MARKed man
Yes, it's just you! BAH HUMBUG! What kind of a name is Poes Minoes?

flamingspinach
A weird one. And... a weird one. :?

MARKed man
Actually.... It's dutch for a kitty named "Minoes".
Which is a common name for cats around here...
So it really a stupid name.

flamingspinach
Ah. I see.

michel
Do not mock poes minoes... or prepar to suffer the wrath of the knights that use KI!

:Devil: :boxing:

>DRUNco-psyKEN<
in the wise words of Mr.Treeger from friend
Oh, man!

WHAT IN THE NAME OF HELL!!!

MARKed man is from my friggin' Country?
I sure find a lot more Dutch guys here then at sciforums...
Aw heck...

I have to say that SoM1 has a much better control, and the caracters where good, but Square could've given them a better story...
The elder said, *I hope you'll find your mother some day...*
As far as I've been in the game, he doesn't ever get any info about his mom, tthey could've given the story a much better twist...

But it's not so bad really...

I did play SD3 for an hour or 2, not enough for a good view about the whole game and story...
The controls are a bit crappy to me compated to SoM
The graphics on the other hand where good as far as I've seen...

I just wish that they had added more story of our three heroes of SoM...

SD1, is fairly good for the crapboy, nice story, good enough gameplay, for the age it was made though...

the remake for the GBA would be tons better I think, and I heard you could chose between the boy and girl in the game...

ow, get used to my posts, I dunno why, but IF I post, I really post long ones...

The Colorful Mage
I think that SD2 is much better than SoM will ever be...

Nekretaal
what!
all these dutch folk here.. its amazing :P (ja ik ben er ook een)

uhm Colorful Mage... SD2 IS SoM....

but I realy liked SoM2 better... Lize/Rieze ROCKS!!

even the story line... if I play SoM I just go with the flow, cant remember how the exect story goes after I finish it
with SoM2 its different tough... but its a more world traveling quest....

and there are even 3 different story lines...

but I dont like the Magic in SoM2, the Magic interface in SoM is much better

RandomFerret
Originally posted by The Colorful Mage
Okay, that doesn't make a lick of sense! 'better than SoM will ever be'?? The two aren't going to be changing much!

michel
He was just using colourfull language... Do you get it...Colourfull....
LMAO.....Like in his text was red...Funny guy aint I or me....well what ever.....

Lord Vader
Originally posted by The Colorful Mage
BTW, SD2 IS SoM, SD3 is the sequel.

I still need to get around to getin an emulator so I can play SD3 tho. And Drunco, before I say anything about the hero's mom, how far have you gotten in the game? I don't want to spoil the storyline.

Peace Out

Lord Vader

>DRUNco-psyKEN<
LOL

I think you just did :D
Man, she WILL be in the game?
Kewl...
I got as far as the rising of the lost continent...
Not further...
But I will be furtther soon though...
I'm confident in my gaming skills, I was pretty good back when I played SNES games only...

But I played MegaMan X, It was great back then...
Now I did a 2 day warm up to refresh my memory...
I started again today, and I dominated it...

I admit that I did search for a page to remind a thing, and ended up 2 extra's
Usually I rented it for 3 days and could get past 1 point, now it was easy...

Sorry, drifting a bit away...

Well, anyway, I got till the continent raised out of the water...

Lord Vader
Alright, well, your not too far from when you get to meet her.

michel
I just wanna say I found a picture of Random ferret. You guess wich of the guys he is!

:clown:

Kuro-chan
Characters? Hmm... I like Carlie, because she can be evil, yet heal all the characters no problem!

I always enjoyed the three girls as a team, especially with Lise's ability to up everyone's stats.

As for the picture attachment... there is something not right about the old guy on the right... he looks way too happy to be saying "Yatta!

Later, :D

RandomFerret
Ho, ho, very funny, ha ha, very droll. [/sarcasm]

MARKed man
Originally posted by Kuro-chan
I always enjoyed the three girls as a team, especially with Lise's ability to up everyone's stats.
For some reason I can't remember I took Lise and Charlie in my team. (Of course I let Duran Lead since I like swords and people using them) Why I didn't take Hawk or Kevin? I can't remember why...
I'm to lazy to restart the game so I'm stuck with this party.

>DRUNco-psyKEN<
Well, I'll try it after I play through SD2 completely for 3 *or even 4* times...

I'm getting to much hobbies lately and make to high challanges for myself to even start SD3 yet...

AND I DON'T EVEN WORK!

I'm just to lazy to work and to active to sit doing nothing or new games...
I wanna learn, and experience new things, or things that intertest me...
What I just mentioned, I just learned Manga stylre drawing, AND I LOVE IT!
I really didn't think I could do so good on day 1 though ^_^.
Just ask me for my first uhm, 2 drawing on the pc...

Anyway, my team now is Duran, that hot chick whit the blue hair *Lise right?* and uhhh...
Either Kevin or Carlie...
Aw well, I hope Carlie, I like kick-ass magic, and I expect her to be that kick-ass magisian *or how the H3ck you spell that...*

MARKed man
with a "c" instead of an "s"

Use "Spell Check" if you're not sure.

Nekretaal
the blue haired hot chick is Angela

Lise is the red haired amazoness

>DRUNco-psyKEN<
Yup, man, my memory is getting bad
I really need to check all my spelling skills + name and graphical memory skills...

Her hair was either blue or purple...
But she was hottest of al characters you'd could start whit...
I did mean Angela...

Dunno how my team was set up, but that's not important.

Shadow_Ninja
I completed Hawk,Kevin and Charlie. A pretty good team. What i like with SD3 is that you can get other character professions which SD2 didn't have and that makes the story to go only 1 way(thought its a great one)