: Reactions to Story for 05/09/2003

DarkShive
That doll version of the fairy Nanase creeps the heck out of me :(

But I'm glad that exists because of things that will be possible as a result of it being there later :angel2:

Coneldore
Why would anyone need a phone with this sorta communication?

IL-PALAZO
yah... dolls that could come alive at any moment are pretty much the last thing you want near you when its pitch black and 2 am.

Aqua Guyver
Does this sound familar to anyone?

"Hi, I'm Chuckie! Let's be friends!"

*shudders* Creepy Nanase doll . . . . .

Aqua Guyver

alebann
Yes, the creepiness factor of the doll is roughly 8 out of 10.
Maybe Ellen should leave it by Brownie's litter box instead...

Sakura
Hmm, pesonally I would prefer someone using a phone compared to an Avatar, of any sort.

J-Kitty
I like the fary, only advantage of a phone is the person can't see you so you don't have to be presintable

Chrysicat
Well, if Ellen was more serious than she claimed about yesterday's 'back in the shirt' comment, she could just keep the doll really close to her...like in her shirt...that's what I'd do if I were Ellen right now, anyway...

:hammer::hammer::hammer:
OOOOOwwww....why did that happen...?
And who changed the hammer rules so they worked against girls anyway?? Katie, did you do that...?
And btw, the doll isn't creepy...except for those eyes...yeearghhh...:scared:

:bunny::bunny:hopping that Nanase doesn't get that phone...:bunny::bunny:

DarkShive
What's funny is, we know she owns a cell phone from when Susan called her in Sister, but she chose to go fairy over it

PS - the eyes are ALWAYS what make dolls and such creepy :cyclops:

Sir Robin
Okay, talking dolls have always scared teh bejeezus out of me... that is every talking doll but Chucky. It's just not right.

J-Kitty
yes... those are some scary ass eyes

showler
Please, Dan, may I have one?

Ellen has to think of some embarassing situation for the doll to be in the next time Nanase inhabits it.

DarkShive
Weren't you the one who asked why I bothered with the button, Showler? :bunny:

Son of Banquo
Yeah, it's the enormous irises that freak me out with that doll. I think the freakiness of talking dolls has something to do with their association with ventriloquist dummies. Those things should just be banned, man.

I like the quasi-Shakespearean language in panel 3 -- seems out of character, but in a cute way.

-Banquo

Deathscythe13x
Nanase dolls are cool, I want one I'd be cool too if it came alive, at least sometimes.

showler
Originally posted by DarkShive
Weren't you the one who asked why I bothered with the button, Showler? :bunny:

Naked Fairy Nanase Doll?

Or Fairy Nanase Doll dressed up in unbelievably embarassing doll clothes?

Aqua Guyver
*blush* Perhaps some questions are better left unanswered . . .

Aqua Guyver

Tangent
Creepiest doll of all time: The doll in X-Files during the Stephen King episode... :D

"Let's have fun!"

Dreakoth
I wonder if you can pop off the dolls head just like those barbie dolls?:devious:

DarkShive
Originally posted by Son of Banquo
I like the quasi-Shakespearean language in panel 3 -- seems out of character, but in a cute way. It's funny you should say that; I had a Midsummer Nights Dream on in the background while working, and when I listen to stuff like that, I tend to feel compelled to speak and write in weird ways. The same thing happens when I try to read the Lord of the Rings.

KatieCat
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

THOSE EYES! MAKE THEM GO AWAY!

Curse you, Evil Shive Person! I'm going to have more nightmares about that doll than I had about the flying monkeys the first time I saw The Wizard of Oz!

Papa_Fuzz
so, why IS there a button on the back of Fairy?

SecretAdmirer
*cough*

Good, I felt silly for being creeped out by doll-Nanase... but now I'm better.

Cyber Akuma
Ummmmm, maybe its an emergency soul ejection into real body feature?

showler
I don't think it's a push-button. It's a clothing type button. I fully expect that next time Nanase uses the doll to communicate she'll find herself in some embarassing outfit.

Chrysicat
Originally posted by showler
I don't think it's a push-button. It's a clothing type button. I fully expect that next time Nanase uses the doll to communicate she'll find herself in some embarassing outfit.
...Actually, knowing the way Dan's mind works, she'd be just as likely to find herself in no outfit...

:bunny::bunny::bunny::hammer:....OOOOwww! Hey, I'm still a girl and a lot more hentai stuff has been said here already!:bunny:

doodler
So, if those clothes weren't part the of fae-Nanase (it rhymes!) spell then does that mean she can teleport objects along with her avatar when she uses the spell? Could she teleport something as massive as a human? 'Cause that would make the spell infinitely more useful.
And another advantage over a phone, she can do stuff. Like if she forgot to lock the door on the way out. She could just use the faery spell to poof back home and lock the door.

Rogue Corvette
Fairy Nanase doll, aye, the possibilities here...

Can she leave one doll, or can she seed the dolls as she may please?

I have an aunt that crochets lacy 'Southern Belle" type dresses for Barbie dolls, as a hobby. I think that Ellen could avail herself of the pre-made wardrobe for barbie and friends and have a ball. Hmm, does the body sock come off the doll? Oy...

I understand the language adaptation, Dan. When I found "User Friendly" for the first time, I fell victim to the UFPV and spent three or four days posting and speaking in bad fake slavic accent.

All hail Dread Lord Pitr.

Verdauga Greeneyes
Originally posted by Rogue Corvette

Yeah, that's what I was wondering about... and dolls ARE creepy... still, having a Nanase doll that can come alive isn't as bad by far as some puppeteer doll (with the weird mouth) coming alive... now THAT's creepy...

jimmyinwhite
Fairy Nanase Doll would make a great addition to the egs store. after all nanase needed a little timme to get all dolled up & ready togo.

WEKM
Originally posted by jimmyinwhite
Fairy Nanase Doll would make a great addition to the egs store. after all nanase needed a little timme to get all dolled up & ready togo.
Ok, now that was just bad. I would hammer you for it, but the pun-ishment should fit the grime.

If the doll head DOES come off, and she stuck it on a Barbie, would Nanase come to life as the Barbie bodied doll, or would she be a seporated head and body.

And could somepne PLEASE do something about those eyes.
buurrrrrrr, creepy.

SDHero
Yes, I agree that the Nanase fairy doll is quite creepy...those eyes, those scary, lifeless eyes!

At the same time, that puts Nanase in the enviable position of dropping in on Ellen at unexpected and hilariously inconvenient times!:bunny:

Stig Hemmer
You know, after chasing the Fairy Nanase for a few panels, there is NO WAY Brownie is going to leave that doll alone.

I think Nanase will find her (avatar) self not only dressed in embarrasing clothes, but in embarrasing clothes that has been chewed to bits.

Can I drool now? :hammer: OW!

Greyman
Faerie Nanase may find herself in embarrassing clothes on in a cage on the dresser. Cause, you know, that's what I'd do.

Er... put the doll in a birdcage, I mean and not ... well, maybe...
:jester: :hammer:

Teddy
:Paranoid: Um, Greyman, you might not want to dwell on that thought for to long. Or else :hammer: might happen....

Originally posted by Rogue Corvette

I think, she uses always the same doll, but she can teleport the doll when she starts the spell.
Otherwise the dresser joke would have no sense.

By the way, is it just me or comes Ellens change of mood a little bit abrupt? Was that just Dan getting a new idea or hides Ellen something?

WEKM
Originally posted by Greyman
Faerie Nanase may find herself in embarrassing clothes on in a cage on the dresser. Cause, you know, that's what I'd do.

Er... put the doll in a birdcage, I mean and not ... well, maybe...
:jester: :hammer:

NOOOO!!!! Nanase must be FREEEEE!
Besides, would you REALLY want to keep her from being able to creep into your bed at night?
:hammer:

I still wouldn't mind dwelling in Ellen's shirt. MMMmmmmmmmmm
really BIG :hammer:
:twitch: :drunk: :twitch:

71-hour Ahmed
I wonder if it can be used as a voodoo doll.... (ow!)

DarkShive
I'm working on adding a section to the FAQ regarding magic and special abilities, but for now I will answer the doll question here: The fairy doll spell generates a doll for each person Nanase contacts with it. There is a margin of error as to where she'll appear the first time she contacts someone, but after that she'll replace the doll that's left behind when trying to contact the person linked with that doll. So, regardless of where Ellen may be, so long as the doll remains intact, Nanase will appear in place of the doll when trying to contact Ellen with the Fairy Doll spell. Note that Ellen could be miles upon miles away from her doll, and Nanase would still replace the doll, rather than appear by Ellen who is miles from the doll. In addition, if she were to try to contact Elliot with the Fairy Doll spell, a second doll linked with Elliot would result, and which one she replaces would depend on who she's trying to contact.

Tangent
Nah. Embarrassing is if Elliot and Ellen (and Sarah) were alone because their folks were going out, Elliot asked Ellen if she could take a bit of a walk, and Nanese "called" only to find Elliot and Sarah making out on the bed... :D

DarkShive
Originally posted by jimmyinwhite
Fairy Nanase Doll would make a great addition to the egs store. after all nanase needed a little timme to get all dolled up & ready togo. If I had the readership levels and the resources that could make creating EGS action figures feasible, I'd be working out deals so fast that... that... ok, so I'm tired and can't think of a good analogy, but it would be fast! Not that I would purchase them myself and use them to act out past comics or anything...

Cyber Akuma
Am I the only one expecting to find Nanase chasing Ed and Errr.. whoever that other guy was with a hammer tomorrow for brading her hair? :P

Tangent
Glych of No Stereotypes fame (over at Modern Tales) has plans for a Spons plushie, actually. The problem is, dolls are much harder to build than plushies, due to the materials, unless you're talking a cloth doll (and not a particularly "life-like" doll like the Faerie Nanese seems to be).

Remember. The most popular web-comic of all times, Sluggy Freelance, does not have action-figure-style dolls for sale, outside of the BunBun and Kiki plush dolls. And those are basically sacks of fuzzy cloth sewed together into specific shapes. :D (In essence that's what they are... but many cloth dolls are like that.)

nathanpsych
Can Nanase also get rid of the dolls, or does she just collect them and store them in a closet when she's done talking to the person?

I vote for Nanase to come back on Barbie's ballroom floor, staring into Ken's eyes.

showler
Originally posted by Cyber Akuma
Am I the only one expecting to find Nanase chasing Ed and Errr.. whoever that other guy was with a hammer tomorrow for brading her hair? :P

Ed? Elliott and Justin, perhaps?

Thom Khatt
Originally posted by nathanpsych
Can Nanase also get rid of the dolls, or does she just collect them and store them in a closet when she's done talking to the person?

I'm not going to say a thing about "Fairy Nanase" being in the closet... Nope... Not gonna do it.

I vote for Nanase to come back on Barbie's ballroom floor, staring into Ken's eyes.

French Maid Fairy Nanase! Woo-hoo!

*THWACK*

WEKM
Originally posted by Thom Khatt
French Maid Fairy Nanase! Woo-hoo!

*THWACK*
Here, let me help you with that, THWACK!! :hammer: :hammer:

heh heh heh, the perfect distraction. Everyone will me thwacking Thom while I continue his daydream about French Maid Fairy Nanase. mmmmmmmmm

(EDIT) WhaHOOOO! Broke over the 400 mark! Yea!

Bo Lindbergh
I think the doll will keep its original clothing because Nanase could turn any embarrassment around on Ellen: "So you couldn't resist handling my naked body, eh?" And it would be even more embarrassing for Ellen if Nanase returned in the middle of the dressing manoeuvre. :D

So, Dan, how anatomically correct is the doll anyway? :p

Chrysicat
Originally posted by Bo Lindbergh
I think the doll will keep its original clothing because Nanase could turn any embarrassment around on Ellen: "So you couldn't resist handling my naked body, eh?" And it would be even more embarrassing for Ellen if Nanase returned in the middle of the dressing manoeuvre. :D

So, Dan, how anatomically correct is the doll anyway? :p OOOOkay...that last thought I didn't need...and it leads to a gratuitous:hammer:!

As for the rest, how exactly is that embarassing to Ellen? First off, Ellen would be doing un-nice things to a doll, not a living person at the time of the adulterations... for another, who's to say spending so much time with Grace isn't changing her Elliot-formed views on sexuality, nudity and modesty anyway...? It would, on the other hand, be a very embarassing moment for Nanase...
:bunny::bunny:Just a thought, i hop I haven't stepped on anyone's toes:bunny::bunny:

J-Kitty
*bounces there in antisipation of when the spell wares in todays comic*

WEKM
I'm still wondering how she is going to react when she wakes up in the dojo, and her hair is braided.
How sill she look, will she kill the offenders, will she like the new style, will Justin be done in time?
These questions and more will be answered in our next exciting episode....

J-Kitty
*nod nod nod nod nod nod*

WEKM
Hey! J-Kitty! Eyes up here!

J-Kitty
darn it... no new comic -.-

Rogue Corvette
As far as the braiding goes, given her bodyshape, I'm seeing Lara Croft...mmmmmm...

Major Kerina
Yay! Go-Motion and EGS figurines ^_^
The possibilities....

"EGS vs. the Giant Pikachu"