: El Goonish Shive skins for Unreal Tournament 2k3

psychomantum
Oh c'mon, who wouldn't want to play as Ted and give Tony a rocket up the rear?

I couldn't convince Dan to do this in person, so I thought I'd come here and see if any of you could apply addition pressure to get him to do this!

Oh, Dan, we will also need skins for Grand Theft Auto 3, Quake III, Morrowind, Counter Strike, Freelancer, The Sims, and Postal 2.

hehe....

:deal:

jimmyinwhite
i've seen a the egs sims art

psychomantum
really? Do you remember where? I haven't played the sims in over a year and a half but I do enjoy seeing the skins that are modeled after celebrities, cartoons, or comic characters.

SecretAdmirer
Bah, Dan's got enough going on without having to work with complicated programs to make you UT2k3 skins. Maybe if he gave someone that was willing and talented permission to, though, you'd be in bidnizz

psychomantum
Actually, the only reason I thought of making EGS skins for UT 2K3 was because I was updating UPaint (the character editor that comes with the game) and I happened to be reading the comic while I was waiting for it to install.

One of the cool things about the new unreal engine is that it is very flexible. This means that instead of playing a violent game with the EGS characters, you could actually play with transformation guns and just go around and see what happens! This would probably be better if applied to a game like postal 2, since it's enviroment contains non-violent citizens, where UT2K3 is all about shooting everything.

jimmyinwhite
Originally posted by psychomantum
really? Do you remember where? I haven't played the sims in over a year and a half but I do enjoy seeing the skins that are modeled after celebrities, cartoons, or comic characters. i found it in the egs forums with in the last year . i will repost it for those who didn't see it.

Major Kerina
It'd be really hard to do....I mean look how hard it is a for professionals to make realistic 3d representations of 2d characters like with Simpsons skins and such....

Papa_Fuzz
but you know what we need b4 skins, El Goonish Shive, the animated series! ::glee::

Major Kerina
Meh....that's turned out hit and miss.

Garfield was ok as a series

Baby Blues the series completely missed the point of the comic and both frightened and disturbed me.

I think I'd rather just have a wonderful comic in panels than on the small screen.

Papa_Fuzz
yeah, i guess ur right major, *sob* Will a comic ever get a good T.V. series?

DarkShive
It could be good, assuming the EGS cartoon was made entirely under my guidance with the helpful input of bunnies AND that nothing I've had in the comic would be censored in the cartoon; Tedd's a pervert, he's staying a pervert, and no homosexual characters are going straight just so uptight punks don't have to feel uncomfortable! They'll just have to feel uncomfortable, and they'd best like it! ...ya know, if a show was made...

BigNasty4Life
Originally posted by DarkShive
It could be good, assuming the EGS cartoon was made entirely under my guidance with the helpful input of bunnies AND that nothing I've had in the comic would be censored in the cartoon; Tedd's a pervert, he's staying a pervert, and no homosexual characters are going straight just so uptight punks don't have to feel uncomfortable! They'll just have to feel uncomfortable, and they'd best like it! ...ya know, if a show was made...

Amen.

Xaenyth
Dan, good point... however, that's changing. The Simpsons, Family Guy, Beavis and Butthead, South Park. All have aired, and all have been loved by many.

El Goonish Shive isn't geared towards children, it's geared towards Teenagers and older. Making it an animation wouldn't be hard. Getting it on the air would be entirely different.

Now... Flash Animation... THAT would rawk. And I would gladly be a voice actor if you ever decided to go Flash with EGS.

SecretAdmirer
I sign up for voice acting, as well. I think it would only be right that faithful bunnies do all the voices. Even if they're not me. *nod*

Chrysicat
Voice volunteer here too!
(California-born, raised in the south suburbs of Denver, Colorado, mezzo or possible full soprano, very distinctive vocal pattern, like a Valley Girl with a slight drawl)

and no question, if bunnies can act, they should definitely be the first choices for the roles

SecretAdmirer
While we're at backgrounds, born on Ontario in New York, raised there til 10, transferred to New Hampshire. Picked up a little bit of an accent here. Can go as high or as low as I want, really, thanks to lots and lots of practice.

CnCmaster4life
heh cool so we got some volunteers for voices already wow hmmmm i guess i could add some of my skillz to this.

I am great with BGM (BackGround Music) and themes so if u need BGMs or the EGS theme give me the word.

oh i would like to volunteer for a part but i just have no words to describe it :)

Chrysicat
Actually, the vocal pattern I mentioned is modificable (is that even a word?!?);
I'm good with accents, and probably have the whole female vocal range available to me...

alebann
Well, I'd offer my voice to the cast, except that I have a slight speech impediment. Which is too bad, since I have decent vocal control after half a decade of drama classes.
I also have no experience with Flash animation. I do like the idea though.

EvilPerson
I like the idea of Flash, It could work well with EGS (smooth animated hammer action? YES!) I'd happily help out with any voice roles, and i've got a program on my computer that could probably do that stuff, might be able to send it to any of youse (Mail, email or message board), but i'd have to check it out first.:classic:

Verdauga Greeneyes
I can do lots of strange voices if you need those, also I can whistle infinitely.

Prof_Sai
I've done voice acting, and I have the gear here to record it reasonably well. I'd live to do some for El Goonish.

Papa_Fuzz
i have limited experience with flash, but if this idea ever becomes serious, I'll join in! I could also do some voices, I have a decent German Accent, and can Meow pretty well...

RPGhawk
You can count me in, should this idea ever come to fruition.

Lieza Mcdohl
Hello all. As a senior member to EGS and a loyal fan. I would cast my voice off. As one who is good with change his voice because of being in a choir. I have total control of my voice. If ever casted.

x-atm092
Okay, count me in! Although I love in The Netherlands, a bit far from the rest of you, I'd really like to join in. I can do all kinds of accents, and I'll do anything physically possible to help.

You know, I think we/you/the bunnies should just go ahead and make a pilot episode or a trailer or something.

But then again, I'm all talk too.

Thom Khatt
I hate to say it, but at this time, I wouldn't want to see an animated EGS, even one done for web in Flash.

Why?

1) We'd either have to have Dan (or some other artist who can emulate his style) do the keyframing and/or the fill. I wouldn't want to take Dan away from doing the EGS strip for as long as it would take for that...

2) We'd have to have Dan (or another very good and twisted writer) do the script. Same thing. I wouldn't want to take Dan away from EGS for that long.

3) Voice recording. A lot of offers, some with a background (including myself) in the field. However, it's difficult enough to get the voice and tone right when the director is there with the voice talent. Over the Internet? Hoo boy.

Can it be done? Yes. Maybe if we set up a schedule and attempted to do it over the course of a year. But the order would have to be...

1) Script
2) Voices
3) Animating

The bulk of it would be on Dan's shoulders (Script & Animating).

Granted, it would be up to him. Personally, I would love to attempt it. (I've been doing voice work since the '80s and have done some work in Radio & Television.) But I think it would be a toss-up.

At the very least, it would mean no more fillers for a _long_ time...

Meow!

(P.S. Papa_Fuzz -- when it comes to Meowing, gotta come to the ol' Khatt himself for that... Meow!)

CnCmaster4life
oh well guess it would take quite a while b4 we finish the first episode hmm but if u guys really want to see some thing funny along the lines of EGS then go here

www.eskimobob.com

Major Kerina
-_- how come no one brings up a friendly RPG in the list....*sigh*

Matt_Katt
an EGS RPG?

Chrysicat
Originally posted by Matt_Catt
an EGS RPG? Because you'd get 50 people wanting to RP Tedd, 150 trying to be Grace, and no-one else (especially average Mopervillains) with any takers at all...plus, I think it's been said that Dan hates RPs on his forum...

Major Kerina
Actually Dan was planning an RPG. He had a couple of sprites made. Day-to-day comic-making hasn't given him enough time for all the required program writing.

Chrysicat
oh...sorry, Major, and if I offended you, Dan, I apologise profusely...
I thought that what was referred to was the type of RP'ing in-forum that's taken over Montrose Academy and CRFH...I shoulda understood that wasn't what was referred to...:angel:

Snowflake
Originally posted by Chrysicat
Because you'd get 50 people wanting to RP Tedd, 150 trying to be Grace, and no-one else (especially average Mopervillains) with any takers at all...plus, I think it's been said that Dan hates RPs on his forum...

I rather like the word Mopervillains, nice and simple. :)

And from what I recall, RP threads eat up bandwith like mad, slowing the whole thing down. No fun. :(

Major Kerina
It's ok Chrysicat. Sorry, if my post sounded harsh :(

Eyuras
id be happy to help im a flash guru i would not be good for voices but i can do a very deep russian comando style voice lol id be happy to help in any way (wants to be part of something with minamal effort lol)

IL-PALAZO
i can do an extra... and my canadian and irish accents are pretty good... problem is... i live in canada... and as such cant get to any voice recording studio or anything...

but if your ever thinking of live-action EGS, toronto has some sort of thing where people are alloud to film movies and TV shows for super cheap.

Major Kerina
With The Sims 2, it should be really easy to make duplicates of all the characters and not only that. You can see Tedd and Sarah together and their children....and figure out if purple hair is recessive....:)