: Tedd vs Tess

Lioconvoy
I'm one who likes to call things by there apropriate label(if you dare call the first Transformer series an Anime I will hurt you.) and I was wondering if Dan has decide that the female Tedd will be called Tess of if it's just something that bunnies made up.

To my knowlege the only reason Elliot went by Ellen was so he could still attend school and not have people find out what Tedd had done to him.

But in Tedds case he's never had any reason for a different name when he's female. He's normally not female long enough for it to matter.

jimmyinwhite
i like other bunnies started calling tedds female side tess because it made sence. i don't know if dan has a name in mind for tedds female side.

DarkShive
I do, but it's not going to be revealed until it's relevant

CnCmaster4life
now that the tess thing is answered by the almighty Dan we can get back to the first transformers thing. So how would u hurt me if i call it an anime. because i do beleave it is an animated tv show and the word anime comes from the french word animé which means animated. therefore it really is anime. ahh that felt good i love causing mischif

Deathscythe13x
regardsless of where the word anime came from, it is only used to described the Japanese (and sometimes Korean) style of animation, which dates back to a WWII Japanese propoganda movie.

Anyway I always wondered when we'd find out Tedd's female name, since he would probably need one eventually.

SecretAdmirer
Originally posted by Deathscythe13x
regardsless of where the word anime came from, it is only used to described the Japanese (and sometimes Korean) style of animation, which dates back to a WWII Japanese propoganda movie.

Ah, maybe in your world, Death. But as a matter of fact, there are probably tons of people (read: the French) who call all cartoons 'anime', regardless of their origins.

There are also tons of people who call the Transformers series an anime here in America...

Deathscythe13x
"Where does the word "anime" come from anyway?

It's the Japanese word for 'animation'. The Japanese language contains lots of borrowed English words and phrases like this. For example, 'pro wrestling' is puroresu, pronounced as 'pro wres'." Anime is pronounced 'ah-nee-may' although there are many variations of the second syllable."

I pulled that off a website

SecretAdmirer
So, technically Japanese people would call Transformers anime, too?

Prof_Sai
Japanese people would call Scobby Doo "anime" because IN JAPANESE, it just means animation. In the context of an English sentence however this would be wrong.

Coming up with a rule for this would probably come down to listing a bunch of things that are or aren't anime, and then "painting a target around the bullet holes", by coming up with something that all the favored animations have in common.

SecretAdmirer
Originally posted by Prof_Happosai
Japanese people would call Scobby Doo "anime" because IN JAPANESE, it just means animation. In the context of an English sentence however this would be wrong.

Yes, I realize this. I'm just pointing out how silly it is to wish harm upon people for something so trivial..

Papa_Fuzz
woah, off topic. ::glee::

Xaenyth
Animation, Animeeshion, Anime.

Pocket Monsters, Pokemon.

Digital Monsters, Digimon.

Hamburger, Hamubaagaa.

McDonald's, Makudonarudo.

Coffee, Koohee.

Edward, Edowaado.

Xaenyth, Zaenettsu... Zae. :classic:

Weird how English gets misconstrued in a language which has less vowels and those other letters than English.

CnCmaster4life
man i can't believe i have the power to turn a thread's topic with just a single pose man i feel like neo from the "Matrix" hmmm wonder if i can bend the rules forum that hold it in an orderly fashion causing me to gain supremem power over all messages hmmmmmmmmmmmm nah. lol

now back to where torigins of the word "Anime" really came from and how they twist the words of our english words to fit their language.

spc mango
didn't the word anime come from the same latin word that inspired animation?

and isn't said word latin for 'life'?

blast, i kinda liked tess. well... dan didn't say that fem-tedd wouldn't be called tess...

Lioconvoy
Yeah! Mango posted in my topic!

Sapphire
Originally posted by spc mango
didn't the word anime come from the same latin word that inspired animation?

and isn't said word latin for 'life'?

The word would be "Anima", but that's about all I can contribute to this discussion o.o

Major Kerina
Hi, Sapphire. Hope you feel welcome here ^_^

spc mango
yea! lio noticed me posting in his topic!

Anima...like the mumy fish aeon thing?

wow! sapphire, the 32-bit lesbian of DOOM! sweet.

I had a DnD character named Sapphire. But she was very much not a lesbian. Unfortuantly, she wasn't really straight either. Does anyone know how hard it is to get a paladin out of his platemail? it's like they're vowed to chastity. Now, when i played a paladin... I had to convince my DM that i did not violate my alignment cause he (Ash, the paladin) wasn't catholic, and therefore didn't have a vow of chastity. Of course the paldin thing resolved itself when sapphire got hydra-ed. grrr.... bloody creatures with impossible biology...

Lioconvoy
Why wouldn't I notice you Mango?

seatcushion
Aaaahhhh... Tis another topic that has gone awrily wrong. (Is there such a word as awrily?)

showler
No.

Major Kerina
Wow, that word is like sucking up a can of worms on a dark and stormy night. ^)^

Sakura
Well the Topic reached it's goal when Dan said that the female Tedd, is not called Tess.

Major Kerina
I dunno, Tess is kinda catchy after while. Even if she's not technically named Tess, I may just nickname her 'Tess'....

Lioconvoy
Well, it's truly all up to the fan. Dan can't do anything to you if you feel like calling Elliot "Sue", Like I said, I just have a bad habbit of being "percise"(in place of another word begining with a). With my questioned aswered I truly don't care how far off topic this get's

If Dan even want's to delete it he may.

Major Kerina
Well, Dan never said it's NOT Tess, did Dan? He was just accurately ambiguous about one way or another ^_^

Lioconvoy
Originally posted by DarkShive
I do, but it's not going to be revealed until it's relevant

My original question was:

"I'm one who likes to call things by there apropriate label and I was wondering if Dan has decide that the female Tedd will be called Tess of if it's just something that bunnies made up."

In my opion the "I do" tells me it's not Tess, but something else that the bunnies more then likely wouldn't guess.

Since the true answer won't come till it's revelant I feel that there's no reason to call Tedd "Tess", but then again this is my opinion, and every one is entittled to their own.

Major Kerina
Actually the tense of both question and answer confound me....

tasselhoff
No don't let is be tess. Every time I see tess I start to read it a tass. That is not a good thing to be thinking everyone is talking about you then to relize not a single word is about you.

Okay maybe its not he best argeement but it's the only on I have:p

Major Kerina
I welll we could zap tass into a lass with sass like tess?

tasselhoff
Originally posted by Major Kerina
I welll we could zap tass into a lass with sass like tess?

Tass has been a lass but was more sausy then full of sass.

May tass keep his ass like it is without the feminine mass?

Sakura
Originally posted by tasselhoff
Tass has been a lass but was more sausy then full of sass.

May tass keep his ass like it is without the feminine mass?

*Cast a spell adding feminine mass to Tass.

Just because I dislike your ryme.

showler
Originally posted by Lioconvoy
Dan can't do anything to you if you feel like calling Elliot "Sue"

Johnny Cash might sue you though.

Sakura
Hey I actually had a male friend named Su in high school.

Krunchy/Krispy
Ahhh...poor Tass. He's managed to stay male about as much as I have. Seems to dislike it about as much, too. ;)

Sakura
*Cast a spell changing Krunchy/Krispy male.

Just so you have to find a new avatar, heh heh heh.

Krunchy/Krispy
*Resists the change due to the laws of extreme boredom.* No, sorry. I like this one just fine. ^_^

Sakura
Darn it over powered by boredom again.

Major Kerina
I shouldn't feel boredom because I have so much I should do. So many books to read. I can write. I can play with one game I've been meaning too. I can't go out through because all the showings of "Finding Nemo" are sold out tonight in my city. All of them. Till tomorrow morning at least. I'll think I'll settle on some more posting for a bit, then maybe read in bed for a bit.

tasselhoff
Aw poor Kerina. No Nemo.

*hugs Kerina*

*looks at his new she-ness*

Oh well. I'm used to it by now and at least I'm not and inanimate object again.

Krunchy/Krispy
Weren't you a toaster, or blender, or somesuch at one point? Or am I thinking of someone else again?

Major Kerina
Tass's other avatar was pretty distinctive. I just can't recall what it was but I'd probably recognize it on sight.

tasselhoff
Well krunch that may have been me. The last object I got transformed into was a coat rack.

Oh Kerina I'm not sure which one of my old ava's your talking about but here is a guess

Krunchy/Krispy
I seem to remember you having a tigress at some point or other...

Bathe
Back to topic...(for a sec)

Tedd as a female needs no second name unless he goes through the same ordeal as elliot and ellen. Tedd is still tedd, just acting very strange.

tasselhoff
Originally posted by Krunchy/Krispy
I seem to remember you having a tigress at some point or other...

*digs around*

You mean this one.