: Reactions to Story for 05/13/2003

DarkShive
8:30, 9:00... toe-may-toe, toe-mah-toe. Anyway, the comic is up early. Hooray! Or... boo? I dunno.

Anyway, it appears that Tedd hadn't planned to spend the night in Grace's place...

SecretAdmirer
Woot! Firsties!!

Note the sarcasm in the title. Some of us might not have gotten the hint, Dan! =P

Major Kerina
Must say it again I love the higher resolution. It almost made me think it was the same pen as the chibi fillers (which is really sharp with the edges). Grace and Tedd expressions are priceless. Oooo...hehe...where's this going I wonder?....should be fun :)

showler
Was it the body switch or the "something going horribly, horribly wrong" that we weren't supposed to see coming?

Dreakoth
Boy, that gun shure must have alot of buttons by now. I have a feeling that Elliot's crew will meet up with Ellen's crew later on:happy:

Deathscythe13x
I guess Tedd and Grace are going in the other's body, at least Grace thinks so. I hope so, it should be interesting.

showler
Originally posted by Dreakoth
Boy, that gun shure must have alot of buttons by now. I have a feeling that Elliot's crew will meet up with Ellen's crew later on:happy:

Tedd switched to a jog dial and lcd screen he cannibalized from an iPod. Taking apart the iPod was the first time Grace ever really got mad at Tedd.

Papa_Fuzz
Is Tedd finally going to get to see the bionic lesbians from mars?!

Will they see another waffle movie?

Will Tedd get back to his normal form in time for the outing?

Do Elliot and Sarah know whats going on?

All theses questions, and MORE will hopefully be answered!

IL-PALAZO
for the last time death scyth. they didnt switch bodies. they switched forms. yeesh... i swear... noone listens to a word i say...

nice plot twist dan

Son of Banquo
All I can say is that I hope nobody tries to bully Grace while she's in Tedd-form. Many cans of whoopass (a 6-pack, perhaps) will be mercilessly opened.

Panel 2 cracks me up. "Threw off my favorite shirt in a moment of excitment" has about as much cachet as an excuse as the Demon Duck.

-Banquo

KatieCat
You'd think those Krazy Kids would be on the same page by now!

Elliot and Sarah, I'm disappointed in you. Surely, you must know what's going on?

And, no, I did not call you "Shirley".

Futaba
I saw the switch coming. You know how they like to play around with the TF gun. Grace just didn't realize it was time to get serious and change back in the basement.

J-Kitty
Tedd might not whant to be..... but it seams Grace sertently dose...lol ^_^

Xaenyth
Hehehehehehe.

*ahem*

Hehehehehehe.

Silly Grace, erm... Tedd... erm... yeah, Grace. How we love her so.

alebann
Well, I guess Tedd in Grace form can't do all the fancy morphing tricks.
Well, This is one of those times where I should've seen it coming, but didn't, my favorite type of surprise. I love it when something surprises me, but fits better than anything I had come up with (hmm, can't think of the right way to say that, so I've edited it at least once...)
My goal is to use the word "gaspity" in normal conversation tomorrow..

showler
You just did.

SecretAdmirer
Originally posted by KatieCat
You'd think those Krazy Kids would be on the same page by now!

Elliot and Sarah, I'm disappointed in you. Surely, you must know what's going on?

And, no, I did not call you "Shirley".

Did you just... wait.. false alarm.

This willn't end well.

Chrysicat
Dan!!!
For the first time ever, I'm a little disappointed *pout*...
I thought for sure that you wouldn't just have Tedd put Tedd-form and Grace-form onto the TF gun!
I mean, can anyone think this is really a good idea...now Grace can morph into Tedd whenever she wants...and what happens if she chooses to do so when they're...ummm...amorously engaged:shocked:? (answer: something that leads to reactions from Katie and me that, if we weren't girls, we'd be :hammer:'d for *hinthint*!)
Also, poor Tedd...looks like he'll go out on his first date (ever?) as Claire! Couldn't happen to a nicer perv...but why aren't Tedd and Grace willing to tell Elliot and Sarah?
:bunny::bunny:hopping that I don't call any others cold while thinking it's a joke...and also hopping for Tedd/Grace-in-Tedd-form yaoi...:bunny::bunny:

:confused: :confused: :confused:
I'm really sorry, but i didn't get it. Would someone please be so kind and explain to me why Tedd is in "Claire" form now? And why does Grace want to change shirts?? What exactly has happened there??
:confused: :confused:

Greyman
It's really simple, 127.0.0.2 .

Grace has to become Claire when she goes out but Grace wanted to stay Tedd, so since Tedd was being Grace, Grace turned Tedd into Claire instead. Tedd did not want to change shirts, or even change to Claire, Tedd wanted to change back to being Tedd, he just told Sara and Elliot that to keep them from realising that Grace was Tedd and Tedd was Grace, but Grace is easily confussed.

Is that clear now?

No? Uhm....

Look over there. Grace got excited and threw of her shirt!

(Runs away....)

Futaba
I can still follow things but if this keep up we won't be able to tell the players without a player card. What next Dan have Sarah and Elliot step into the basement to see what's keeping them and accidently get zap by the gun too?

WEKM
Originally posted by Greyman
Is that clear now?

No? Uhm....

Look over there. Grace got excited and threw of her shirt!

(Runs away....)

HA! That is even better than the Demon Duck ploy.

I too am guessing that Grace DOSEN'T want to switch back just yet.
It could be worse, she could have hit him with the Scully beam.
Wait, how could that be worse?

hm... ok... thank you. :happy: :ermm:
I still don't understand Grace's speak in the last panel, but I guess it isn't very ... :Paranoid: ... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
<Runs away from naked Grace because of fear it could be Tedd...>

Snowflake
Originally posted by Chrysicat
Couldn't happen to a nicer perv...but why aren't Tedd and Grace willing to tell Elliot and Sarah?

Embarassment of course. Sure Elliot and Sarah know that Grace and Tedd like interesting things, but being each other might be a bit out there, even for them to accept. In all honesty that's doubtful, but its causing for real hilarity! :D

Also, I love the expressions 'Tedd' and 'Grace' have. Sure they are the same faces, but there just seems (to me at least) to be little subtleties to them that hints at someone else being in control. If that's the case, awesome stuff Dan. :) If that's not the case and I'm just delusional, so what? I'm gonna enjoy it anyway. :D

DarkShive
Originally posted by Chrysicat
Dan!!!
For the first time ever, I'm a little disappointed *pout*...
I thought for sure that you wouldn't just have Tedd put Tedd-form and Grace-form onto the TF gun!
Now now, I can't just give Tedd anything he wants, such as a mind-switch device. Trust me, he wouldn't be able to make one. Tedd is a master of transformation, and he uses what he knows. And it makes sense to have forms of yourself and those you care about on the TF gun, and not just for kinky, disturbing reasons. If for some reason someone's base form gets permanently changed (meaning the "normal" setting on the TF gun won't fix the problem), they can at least temporarily get morphed back to normal if their form is on the TF gun. This is especially a good idea now that they know of other dimensions with other Tedds who may not have such "user-friendly" transformation tools.

Incidently, Tedd hasn't tried contacting Beta Tedd (or any other alternate Tedds) yet because he has no idea how. There are some things that Tedd is good at, and other areas where he's not so good. That, and he knows what unusual materials he needs for TF; he has no idea with inter-dimensional communication. This inability to communicate with other dimensions will lead Tedd down a strange path in a future storyline (one that has been put on hold for a while now for several reasons).

showler
One Tedd for transformations, one Tedd for inter-dimensional communication, one Tedd for i-d travel, throw in a Tess for weapons research, another Tedd for vehicle design, Dr. Tess for medical support.

An inter-dimensional strike force support squad. Use Elliots and Ellens for soldiers and you have a kick-ass team.

Extra bonus: Dr. Tess won't have any trouble finding someone for transfusions or transplants.

nathanpsych
Pity about the lack of a mind switcher...:( It should be easier to make than a transformation gun, since a switcher and the TF gun should share any biochemical problems involved in altering a brain...

There may be an interesting point here. Tedd doesn't have the technology for interdimensional communication or mind transference. His glasses were made by his dad, or one of his dad's friends. His TF belt is just a modification of the gun. Assuming he's telling the truth here (http://www.elgoonishshive.com/story.php?0114) about the M/F forms, he probably didn't invent the gun either. Does Tedd have ANY original inventions?

DarkShive
Hey, at the very least (and I'm not saying it is), he invented the belt. If something couldn't be considered an original invention because it used part a previous invention, then anything using the wheel couldn't be considered an original invention. With that mindset, whoever first made the wheel would get credit for the car.

Aqua Guyver
I wonder . . . if Grace wants to transform into any one of her half-animal forms while she's "Tedd," will this result in a half-animal, half-"Tedd" transformation? What I mean is, say she starts out as "Tedd", then decides to go half-squirrel. Will the new form be what Tedd would look like as a half-squirrel? I'm assuming this is possible because it would work essentially the same way as a Legion form, combining both the "Tedd" form and the half-squirrel form.

Sorry, just some interesting speculation on my part. :p

Aqua Guyver

DarkShive
yes, she can legion form in ways that would result in an appearance matching Tedd being transformed

She could also make it look like Tedd and Claire were merged into a single being... that could make it into the comic on a slow day :bunny:

Adama
When Sarah finds out what's going on:

SARAH: Wait a minute, do you have a setting for *me* in there too? Ew, I don't want you turning yourself into me for kicks! Take it out!

Bo Lindbergh
Originally posted by showler
One Tedd for transformations, one Tedd for inter-dimensional communication, one Tedd for i-d travel, throw in a Tess for weapons research, another Tedd for vehicle design, Dr. Tess for medical support.And one Tedd to rule them all.... :D

Chrysicat
Wow...Dan himself responded to my post...sugoi!
I noticed, though, that he didn't respond at all to my hints about Tedd/ Grace-in-Tedd-form...not sure what that might be about:angel:

Snowflake
Originally posted by DarkShive
yes, she can legion form in ways that would result in an appearance matching Tedd being transformed

She could also make it look like Tedd and Claire were merged into a single being... that could make it into the comic on a slow day :bunny:

She can be selective about what to incorporate into a legion form, correct?

ookaaay... then lets do some calculation:

Currently Grace has 8 "normal" forms to morph into:

1.: Grace (Base form)
2.: Half-squirrel
3.: Half-cat
4.: Half-jeremy
5.: Full-squirrel
6.: Claire
7.: Gillian Anderson
8.: Tedd

Because she can combine every form with each other to a legion form, that would make 2 ^ 8 - 1 possible forms. (since every form can either be used or not used, but at least one form has to be used.)

2 ^ 8 - 1 = 255

That would mean, Grace currently is able to morph into 255 different forms...! :nuklear::scared: :scared:

By the way, when will we see her other animal forms again? :classic:

nathanpsych
Since half-squirrel is a Grace/squirrel combo, one of those base forms can be taken out, leaving her with 127 possible forms...which is still so high that it doesn't really make much difference.

nathanpsych
Originally posted by DarkShive
Hey, at the very least (and I'm not saying it is), he invented the belt. If something couldn't be considered an original invention because it used part a previous invention, then anything using the wheel couldn't be considered an original invention. With that mindset, whoever first made the wheel would get credit for the car.
Okay, I'll give him the belt. I wasn't counting the belt just because it overlaps so much with the gun that he may have built it by tying a piece of a dismantled gun to a belt.