: Just for fun

Verdauga Greeneyes
I made two gifs from comic 112, one slow and one fast. As the topic says, just for fun. Does anyone else have such EGS related animated gifs (excluding Dan's avitar)?

Here's the fast version:

Verdauga Greeneyes
And here's the slow one, in case you find the fast one a little hard to follow (like me, but the fast one does look cool)

x-atm092
Yeah, the fast one DOES look cooler. I watched the both, and that's what I saw.

And of course, it does have an over-all cool effect. I think I've got a morphing program somewhere that can do the same thing, only a lot smoother, and in a .avi file. I'll have to see where I put it, though.

Major Kerina
This looks familiar for some reason. Has someone attempted a gif like this before?

Matt_Katt
yes

Major Kerina
Wow, that's a fast answer.

Matt_Katt
I prefer not to say anything about any fastness about me

Adama
Yeah, there was a version of this posted by Dan to the Yahoo group under "Animations" a while back.

Verdauga Greeneyes
x-atm092, could you tell me the name of this program? I've been looking for something like that for a while now.

Matt_Katt
I wouldnt mind something like that either

x-atm092
The program os called Morpheus. It's a piece of freeware created by somone on the Grand Valley State University.

But alas the download page has been lost somehow... It's an old program, so I guess it got lost while they were cleaning up the server.

On a more positive note, the setup program is only 3.5 MB.

So if I'd have your email addresses, I could mail it there as an attachment.

Mine is X-ATM092@quicknet.nl, so if you mail a request there, I'll see what I can do.

Major Kerina
Has anyone tried a morph? That'd be neat to see between some of the transforms and maybe the differing development of styles of the characters between the beginning and now.

seatcushion
Hey, is this site it?

http://www.morpheussoftware.net/morpheus/company.php

Hope this helps! :classic:

x-atm092
Yes, that's the one. Only problem here, is that this version isn't freeware, but the version I have is. Oh well, it's your own choice which one you take. Personally, I prefer all my software to be freeware.

Oh, and about that morphing, I have a sample from the first three stages of Grace's transformation. It should be at this page (http://www.geocities.com/jopiegroente/EGS/index.html).

It may not be up yet, but it will very soon be. Now keep in mind that this is just a testversion. Much tweaking is still needed. Oh, and the text in the top is from the GIF animator I used to compile it. I have a different one now, and the text will be removed.

71-hour Ahmed
X-ATM092: if I send you an email, you can send me that program?

(I'm asking since you offered it to someone else and I don't want to jump in, but I really realy want it. :cheerful: )

x-atm092
The offer is open to anyone who sends me an email within the next week or so. After that, I'll send the progam to anyone who requested it. That way I'll just have to send one email, and not five or so.

So, in short: sure you can, Ahmed.

71-hour Ahmed
Oh, and the text in the top is from the GIF animator I used to compile it. I have a different one now, and the text will be removed.

this version isn't freeware, but the version I have is. Oh well, it's your own choice which one you take. Personally, I prefer all my software to be freeware.

So does this mean you have a good freeware GIF animator program? Cos I was pretty sure there isn't such a thing.

x-atm092
Yeah, MS Gif animator is free. But if you're a Microsoft hater, I could understand you wouldn't want it. It's simple, but with a lot of possibilities. I did have to search for about an hour before I could get a page to download it from. I could include it in the mail, if you'd like...

But keep in mind that I'm going on a vacation, and I won't be back until sunday. So I'll send you the stuff then, okay?

Edit: By the way, has anyone looked at the gif I've posted. If so, I'd like to hear what you think. Thanks.

71-hour Ahmed
Given that I'm in exam period and need minimal distraction that probably is a good idea. Thanks.

Gif is pretty neat.

x-atm092
Okay, I put some effort into it, and I'm quite happy with the result. The new .gif is located at the same place the old one was. But now it covers all nine steps of Grace's transformation an a wonderfully fluid manner. The file is a tad big, though. A whoppin' 800 Kb or something. I'll try to make it smaller, but I think that would mean doing the entire animation over again. And personally, I don't think I like the idea. I'll see what I can do though.

http://www.geocities.com/jopiegroente/grace/index.html

Matt_Katt
i have GOT to get that programme

71-hour Ahmed
Very class. Its nice to see it in motion as opposed to just static (thats not a criticism of the original mind).

seatcushion
Heheheh Nice!!!
Better than the one on Yahoo.
Wish Dan would post this there instead

Major Kerina
That's a really cool animation. The line matching is a little off but very good.

Bathe
i like the animation. Now i have said my peace

x-atm092
I'm glad you all liked the animation. Well, I've finished another one. Not as elaborate as the other, but it still server its purpose. I took one of the early Elliots, and morphed it with one of the more recent ones. This one's in B/W, but who cares. It's nice to see Elliot still has that distinct blank stare about him. Oh well, just take a look-see (http://www.geocities.com/jopiegroente/EGS/elliot.html).

*****Geocities Bandwith limit!
Site temporarily unavailable... check back later.
I'm getting kind of sick of it. Especially since I've got an account somewhere with 20MB space, and no limit. I just haven't gotten hold of the username or password yet.

It really pisses me off

x-atm092
I know I'm double-posting here, but I think this is kind of important. and besides, the other post would get really messy if I edited this in there.

Anyway, I edited the animation so that it will go only one way. It should be half the size now, and I will be able to attatch it to this post. I keep my fingers crossed.

Verdauga Greeneyes
Works perfectly.

Swarm
these are all pretty cool...do I see people with far too much spare time on their hands though?

Matt_Katt
*puts up hand*
like me!

Swarm
yeah...aren't we meant to be revising? (again)

Matt_Katt
for what?

Swarm
dunno, anything? I've got maths tommorrow for a start

Matt_Katt
HAHAHA!!! i dont

Swarm
damn you to hell...get back to your creating of animated gifs then

Matt_Katt
*sigh*

Swarm
You didn't make that! Cheating scum!

Matt_Katt
i never said i did

Swarm
you *implied* that you did

Matt_Katt
when???

Swarm
in attaching it as a reply to "get back to your creating of animated gifs then"

Matt_Katt
i wasnt the one creating them. i just posted it to feed your thirst for gifs

Swarm
I don't have too much of one...thanks anyway I suppose :p

x-atm092
Yo, Matt. I sent you Morpheus, but my email inbox recieved a mail later on that your inbox is too small. I'll put the program up on my website or something. You could download it form there. How.s that?

and, yes, I've got WAY too much spare time on my hands. When I'm not busy animating GIFs, I'm either writing, or working on http://www.mintfans.tk

Matt_Katt
hey thanks. you might of sent it at the time i had 138 messages in my inbox...all from TWC

x-atm092
Hey matt, I've posted the program online. Anybody who'd like their copy, go here (http://www.geocities.com/jopiegroente/EGS/morpheus.html) and get it yourself. Although it might not work due to bandwidth problems. In that case you'll just have to wait an hour or so.

Edit: Note: This is my 200th post in just two weeks that I've joined. Go me!

71-hour Ahmed
just like to thank for the program X-atm. I can't run it right now as the uni network won't let me (out of profile memory due to too many work files), but once I'm back home... cheers.