: Read it in order

Coneldore
This is a message for anyone else who stops by the forums:

Read the comic in order from first to latest!

El Goonish Shive is a strange but story-driven comic and will not make sense if you do not follow this rule. Events are revealed like the layers of an onion and future events are foreshadowed by past ones. If anything, the comic is one revelation or surprise after another with weird humor in between.

I know some people don't LIKE starting at the first comic because first comics almost always suck. You're gonna have to deal with it unless Dan intends to entirely redraw the beginning comics. And if you're only looking at comics for the art, I have to shake my head at you and mutter something entirely unintelligible aside from the words "Final Fantasy".

If you absolutely HAVE to go out of order, at least use the Storylines Page to do it with so you can have at least some idea of what exactly is happening in each story arc. You're still going to miss details, however, if you do this.

In short: Have patience, Padawan.

Xaenyth
Heee... you're so cute when you're angry. :classic:

Lady Llieno
I agree ^_^
Mind you, she's always cute!

Coneldore
:blush:

Matt_Katt
i think i missed something somewhere

seatcushion
Why would anyone NOT start at the beginning of a story driven comic? Heck, I read the beginning comics even if it's not story driven.

Liokae
I resent your unfounded attack upon the glory that is Final Fantasy. *sticks tounge out at you*

Matt_Katt
What? who said anything about final fantasy?

seatcushion
I like Final Fantasy too (although SOME things are MADE to be attracked upon.... hint hint)

Now, back to the topic... I think.

Liokae
Matt:

" And if you're only looking at comics for the art, I have to shake my head at you and mutter something entirely unintelligible aside from the words "Final Fantasy"."

Above was from original post.

Coneldore
I muttered something unintelligible so how can you know it was an attack? :p

Major Kerina
*takes cat nap from long, but ultimately happy day*

Emoore
Originally posted by seatcushion
Why would anyone NOT start at the beginning of a story driven comic? Heck, I read the beginning comics even if it's not story driven.

Agreed. In fact, there may need to be some sort of posse formed to mercilously hunt down and pimp-slap all those who would complain about a story-comic without having read all the back-archives. But then, I might be taking that a bit too far...

Major Kerina
If you read it and still have confusion. I name myself official minutia explainer....majorkerina1@yahoo.com or AIM Major Kerina...^_^

Snowflake
Or you could ask Dan himself ;)

Major Kerina
Even better, but figured it'd be better not to inundate Dan with a lot of "what happened when again?" questions.

There's also the FAQ thread...

Bathe
Say what now. Anyway, it is common scence to read a book from the front to back. So it follows with anything with a story. Like my tumor. It all started back before jamaica....

x-atm092
Final Fantasy? Did anyone say Final Fantasy? I like Final Fantasy!

But other than that, o you mind if I add you to my buddy list anyway, Kerina, just so I can fill up empty space and have a nice person such as yourself to chat with?

Major Kerina
Sure, X-Atm :)

Bathe
Does any one even notice my story about the tumor? Damn. Magic tumor explain the point of listening to otheres.

hjugfyhunyjjmjn.

Oh yeah, magic tumor cant type.