: I noticed something while reading EGS over again...

CoreDump
I dunno if this has been brought up before, but has anyone noticed the faint drawing in the backround of Grace's long explaination of her plan for Elliot to use the Dewitchery Diamond to turn back to normal?

I edited the image to make the drawing visible and attached it to this post... Anyone know what this is? Some kind of subliminal msg? :)

Bathe
hmmm. Is it an attempted henti who dan cut up and put there? Nah, maybe is mistake?

SecretAdmirer
MY guess is that's the look on Elliot/Ellen's face while listening to that long, drawn out and unbelievable story.

DarkShive
hehe... this is at least the third thread where this has been discussed. That comic contained the first hidden clue of Ellen's future sorrow... would be the first major hidden clue of her exisiting, but the comic for Feb 18th, 2002 had the first image of her within the many avatars in the third panel (her design had shorter hair back then).

Major Kerina
Wow, deja vu...

But this is a example of the kind of hints we should be ever vigilent for in the comic :)

Bathe
hmmm... *thinks about rereading egs*

CoreDump
Well, I knew I wasn't the first to notice that, but I;m glad that Dan has cleared that up for me (along with the whole third-panal-avatars thing. I was wondering what was so special about that panel.)

Swarm
dan, the detail you put into this comic is incredible

Matt_Katt
Originally posted by Swarm
dan, the detail you put into this comic is incredible

sometimes even scary

x-atm092
Not scary, just wonderful!

Swarm
wonderfully scary?

x-atm092
Or so wonderful it's scary, you pick one!

Bathe
Or so scary it is wonderfull. Im just saying that a guy who has enough time to do that detail in to a comic must be knee deep in free time or he just stays up late and does it to achive the zaniness in most of his comics.

x-atm092
I think it's the last one. Dan is a very busy person. I know, because he told me so. And everything Dan sais is true. For he is the god of El Goonish.

Bathe
All hail the beneovlent dan! Wait maybe benevolent isnt the best word...

Emoore
The very fact that this was done makes me think that the whole "blurred Hedge background" thing we're currently discussing is not just an inconsequential throw-away gag.

CURSE YOU, SHIVE! CUUURSSE YOOOOU!!

:cheerful:

Major Kerina
Don't lose heart Emoore. :)
Dan put a lot of lead time into the comic before he started drawing it so the planning is enormous.

Emoore
No, no... I'm just saying now I have to know what exactly is the deal with Hedge in the current comic. Anyone know? Huh? Anyone?? TELL ME! I MUST POSSESS THE SECRET!!

Major Kerina
You made a guess right?