: Hey, Wassup? I'm Hidden.

DarkShive
Bathe sent me this:

I know what your doing...
I know youre out there. I can feel it. Stop beeing hidden and let the world know youre there. I know and i will say something on the forums if you dont stop hiding!
Yes, I have it set so I'm hidden, which means that my SN doesn't show up when I'm browsing the forums. I prefer it that way, especially since I almost always have the forums window open in IE, so my name could be there for hours without me even actually looking at the forums during that time.

If you want to be hidden yourself, just go to your user_cp and set it up. I believe it's under "user options". Enjoy!

Hast la Vista, :bunny:

Bathe
Nah. ill let the world know they can talk to me any time. Have you noticed the "i been a bad girl forum" Just wondering... *scratches ear*

Major Kerina
Is that meant to be pseudo-end-of-Matrix 1-ish? I used to use hiddeness but in the end...meh...I don't mind...but then I'm not a celebrity of a Brad Pitt or Julia Roberts level like Dan ;)

Bathe
Yeah, wanted matrix effect but not sounding to... weird.

x-atm092
Yeah. But I have to agree with Kerina, Dan is famous. He has all these fans that are even wierder than himself. Now what more could you ask for?

Bathe
Yeah. With over 5000 posts (very rough estimate) he qualifies for the canvas celibrity tote bag.

Matt_Katt
38105 posts to be exact

x-atm092
Originally posted by Matt_Catt
38105 posts to be exact
... and counting.

Bathe
OH He gets the mug then

Emoore
I used the inviso-mode for a little bit when I was just scoping out the forums and seeing how the ettiquette and whatnot worked 'round here. After I started posting, though, I went ahead and shut it off. I'm not much of a "sneak-around" type...

Lioconvoy
Actually if you put a person on your buddy list you can see if there online at your user CP weather there invis or not. That how I know when Dan's on or not.

x-atm092
Great going, Lio, now everybody will add Dan to their buddy lists. Which means his invis mode is now useless, so he might as well turn it off, but that's not the point, because he explained why he turned it on already.

Now, not to sound offensive, but I don't think it was very smart to post that, Lioconvoy.

Lioconvoy
How many people pay attention to their buddy list anyway. I don't half the time. If Dan want's me to I'll delete my post, or he can delete it. Either way i was just stating that Ivis only goes so far.

Matt_Katt
I only have a few interesting people on my list...NOT that im saying dans not interesting...i just respect his privacy.

Swarm
how do those things work anyway?

Illjwamh
Going back to the original topic, I know where you're coming from, Dan. I'm a mod and a former admin at the OA forums, but I'm hidden. Partly for the same reasons as you, and partly because I don't want, "Hey, Illy! Illy's on! Everyone talk to him!":p

seatcushion
I don't think many people have the same problem as you.
(Pointing to myself)
lol

Bathe
Yeah.
*pushes seatcusion and points to himself virgourusly*

Major Kerina
Is there any way to know who and how many people have you as their buddy?

seatcushion
uhhhhhh......
Absolutely have no idea at all.

Emoore
I'm just guessing, but I think the "Refferals" stat in a person's profile tells the number of lists (Buddy or Ignore) that they happen to be on. I'm not positive on that, though...

Matt_Katt
Refferals is the number of people who have joined through a link sent by you

Emoore
Oh... well, in that case, I'm stumped.

Fluffy-Phil
Originally posted by Major Kerina
Is there any way to know who and how many people have you as their buddy?

There used to be a "Whose Buddy List Am I On?" function, but that wasn't brought back when Threeboy revamped. :(
So now the only way is to ask around.

And when a new member joins they get the option of picking the username of who refered them. Most people just leave this blank though. I didn't. :D

Acanous
yes..... many have i refferred, few do i know....
but anyhow, those from Calgary propably know me in person, with one exeption (but he doesn't post here)
anyhow, the rest I dunno.
but some may have been refferred by me anyway, I talk about the forum a lot.

Lioconvoy
Last I checked no one had me on there buddy list, I have the Major on all three of my names though.

Major Kerina
All three of yours are on mine now :)

Acanous
Major, are you running around hidden?

Major Kerina
Maybe...:-p

Why?

Acanous
'Cuz you seem to post a lot in responce to me and yet i don't see your user tag on the forums anymore. ever. and I'm ALLWAYS here. at least, 1/10 of me is paying attention to the forums 96% of the time....

Major Kerina
It's nothing personal Acanous. I just kinda like hidden status sometimes. It depends on my mood.

Acanous
oh, Ok than. I see you're hidden right now.
heh, I'd never hide the fact that I'm somewhere... it just seems deceptive. I even feel guilty when I'm not logged in and lookin around.

Matt_Katt
Originally posted by Acanous
at least, 1/10 of me is paying attention to the forums 96% of the time

that would mean your paying attention to the forums 9.6% of the time

Acanous
now take a look at 9.6
take a GOOD look... see that?
that's a mind boggling expression.
;)

Major Kerina
That'd would be an absolutely precise percentage. What galls me is how you sound as if you're proud of it *glare*

Matt_Katt
Originally posted by Major Kerina
That'd would

what?:confused:

Acanous
well, Kerina, that's gonna change now, as I'm back to old faithfull, my computer at home, instead of the friggin awesome charge-by-the-hour PCs at the Net cafe...
so I'm paying more attention and... hey... why do you care? did you miss me?? ;)

Acanous
BTW, NO WONDER i haven't been here, everyone else isn't... 'cept Papa Fuzz... but he's in lurk mode...
maybie if i had someone to talk to I'd be here more often.

Major Kerina
I was just messing with ya, Acanous. It is good to see you, at least right now. I'm kinda down and in need of a loopy person with more energy than me.

Acanous
Loopy and energetic? Yeah, that sounds like me, allright.
so WASSAAAAAP?

Major Kerina
If you want to know, go ahead and Yahoo IM me.

Acanous
dangit! do i even HAVE Yahoo IM?
*searches his computer*

Acanous
I do now...

Acanous
but not anymore.. My dad deleted it.
I might still have MSN messenger, tho.
hmm... let's find out... I love it when I get to ransack an old system, it lets me find out quite a bit about myself.