: EGS Character Collages

Major Kerina
This weekend, on a whim I made a pair of collages containing all the images of two of my favorite EGS characters. Elliot and Tedd.

The Elliot collage turned out decently but I feel the Tedd one turned out even better. The files are huge (since they contain hundreds of individual images. The first one, if you crop and stretch a little, makes a pretty nifty wallpaper. Here's the link. Please don't kill my bandwith.

Elliot (http://www.angelfire.com/anime5/gaiaresidentkerina/elliot.JPG)

Deathscythe13x
great job on the Elliot one, it looks great.

Major Kerina
Thanks. That one took two-and-a-half hours.

Deathscythe13x
and the Tedd one looks great too

Major Kerina
Well, I haven't given out the link yet :p

Here's Tedd (http://www.angelfire.com/anime5/gaiaresidentkerina/tedd.JPG)

Krunchy/Krispy
Hey! Those're kinda spiffy, Kerina! Me likee.

tasselhoff
Cool. I like them both. The elliot one is the best one.

Major Kerina
Keep in mind these collages are works in progress (especially with the Tedd collage that I think I missed a few poses with it being 3 in the morning when I finally finished it up to the latest comics).

Ninja Brad
Very kool major ^_^

Major Kerina
Hang on, I'm gonna upload a 'patched version' of Tedd. I missed two Fem-Tedds.

jimmyinwhite
both very cool

x-atm092
Yeah, they rock, Major. Really, I like 'em. I think I might blur one of them and use it as a wallpaper. Although they're both a bit crowded. Oh well, I'll see what I can do.

Lioconvoy
Hmm apearently Elliot is letting his hair grow longer.

Major Kerina
And he's grown up quite a bit...the same expressions then compared to now look so complex (in a human way) than earlier. It works great as an EGS main characters timeline. I hope to work on an Ellen and maybe Sarah collage eventually

Matt_Katt
You could do one of all the female characters....but not tedd as a female

Emoore
I think the thing that really makes the Elliot collage is the way that the colored/black-and-white shots of him line up in that diagonal composition. Makes the overall picture pretty dynamic.

Swarm
that's...pretty impressive!

It is quite cool seeing how dan's style has changed, I noticed that when making a friend read the entire EGS storyline lately :D

Major Kerina
Well, for one, Elliot's a lot more dramatic character, he has loads of charisma.

seatcushion
I must say... DAMN THAT'S GOOD!!!

Here's to your great collage, and hope of more! :cheers: :cheers:

Oops, too much. :drunk:

Matt_Katt
anyone ever notice that collage and collage are spelt the same?

(one being a collection of pictures, the other being a collection of drunk teens)

Swarm
erm...don't you mean "coll*e*ge"?

seatcushion
Hmmmm, I thought the gathering of teens is college?
Or am I thinking of something else?

Matt_Katt
*bad spelling on my part*

*Damn Dyslexia to hell*

Major Kerina
I'm gonna take up doing Sarah next. I think the same size as Elliot's should do by far for planning. I wish I could figure out what it had to be across to be the same with length. Oh well...diving into it.

seatcushion
Good Luck!!!

Major Kerina
Here's my latest collage.
Sarah (http://www.angelfire.com/anime5/gaiaresidentkerina/sarahcollage.JPG)

alebann
Very nice work, Major. I prefer these over popsicle houses for a "bored out of mind summer project."

Swarm
cool (again) :)

it amuses me though how Sarah seems to spend most of her time looking either concerned or very angry

x-atm092
The first thing I noticed was the top row (duh) with all kinds of different expressions. All together it looks very amusing.

And the collage in whole, looks just great, like the others. Keep it up.

And if you could dig up enough of Dan, you could do one of him as well. Or just a small one...

Matt_Katt
so...many...blond girls
*collapses in hysteric fit*

71-hour Ahmed
AM i right in saying that Sarah now sticks her hair behind her ears but not originally? Seems to be all thats changed in her.

Verdauga Greeneyes
Wowie, had forgotten how good Sarah looked in Squirrel-form...

Verdauga Greeneyes
...what? I AM Elliot currently (if a rather almighty rainbow Elliot).

Major Kerina
Actually it's just the latest storyline that Sarah has been tucking her hair behind her ears so it may just be a thing-time-only thing, you never know.

Anyway, next collage. This one's of Susan. I used more of her because she uses a lot body language along with facial range to convey emotion and plus there aren't quite as many of her. But it did wind up longer than I expected. My biggest concern about doing a collage of Dan would be that all those are colorized so it would be hard to interlock them easily like I prefer to do with black and white captures.
BTW, Susan is 1024 across so if you just clip the length a little or do something to that effect it'll fit on most standard resolutions as wallpaper
Susan (http://www.angelfire.com/anime5/gaiaresidentkerina/susan.JPG)

Matt_Katt
*didnt know there was that many pictures of susan*

Swarm
...cool work, again :)

Major Kerina
Guess what, made another one real quick ^_^
(Nanase and Susan have such priceless body language)
Nanase (www.angelfire.com/anime5/gaiaresidentkerina/nanase.jpg) (as good as I can get it as a jpg)

seatcushion
Cool!
Nananse may not have as many pictures, but her collage is still way good.
Very nice!:classic:

Matt_Katt
ooooh....red

Emoore
Indeed; lots and lotsa red.

Cool.

Major Kerina
Suggestions for next one? I'm not sure I want to tackle Grace's collage yet because I'm not sure if Claire should be included...

Emoore
I would think of Claire as only one of Grace's forms, since she hasn't really established a seperate identity as Ellen has, and other people use that form pretty rarely compared to Grace. So I'd say that Grace's collage could probably include some "Claire" pictures.

Major Kerina
And since I considered Grace-as-Tedd as Tedd I'll have to make Tedd-as-Grace count for her...fair play...

Adama
Outstanding Nanase collage!

I'd vote for doing Dan (though you said you don't want to) or Grace next. Or how about Da Playah? :)

alebann
Greg is a very expressive guy, do him next. umm, please?

Swarm
Yeah, Greg would be interesting.

Major Kerina
I made Grace, it's an absolutely huge file.
I now know who the focus of EGS is. It's Grace.
Greg maybe tomorrow.

Grace (http://www.angelfire.com/anime5/gaiaresidentkerina/grace.JPG)

x-atm092
I'll have but one word for all your hard work, Major:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

Absolutely great. Keep 'em comin'...Please?

Matt_Katt
hope you dont mind but i cut it in half and put the halfs next to each other for my background^_^

Snowflake
That Nanase one is so dynamic with all the red, very cool.

It may be small, but how about a Jeremy one? Or Ellen (as she's considered seperate from Elliot, correct?)

Swarm
woah...massive Graceness...impressive in the amount of work it took you to put that together, and even more so when you consider the amount Dan's done over the last year and a bit...takes image boards like that to give a true idea.

Sir Robin
Wow! Those all look so amazing! They also give a really good demonstration on the evolution of Dan's art. Keep up the good work! :)

seatcushion
They just keep coming!!!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!

Major Kerina
I actually started work on an EGS "Pets" one. So we'll see how that turns out.

Matt_Katt
why not make one of Dan?

seatcushion
The question is what kind of collage to make. A collage with gender-specific dans? Or a collage that has both of avatars of dan?

Matt_Katt
both

Swarm
They're both different aspects of Dan, so hey.

Verdauga Greeneyes
could you possibly make one in a 4:3 ratio so it'll fit on my desktop?

seatcushion
Why did the collages start AFTER my dad took off the internet access?

71-hour Ahmed
floppy disks seat cushion?

I'm curious as to what will be in the pets one. GO Major!

seatcushion
Computers in library have broken floppy disc drives for some reason...
Maybe when I find a computer that doesn't have a broken floppy disc drive. (with internet)

x-atm092
You know, those are VERY hard to find, especially in a library.

But other than that, keep the work up, Major. I can't wait to see the rest of the collages!

Major Kerina
I made another one and I think this is one of my favorites because it turned out so cute.

Pets (http://www.angelfire.com/anime5/gaiaresidentkerina/egspets.JPG)

Matt_Katt
*likes that one*
^_^

Major Kerina
Thanks. This one's my wallpaper right now. I think it's cutest that Brownie is looking up in curiousity at Dan's name.

Swarm
Whoever said biggest was best? That's my favourite so far, Jeremy is so cute!

edit: I now have a new desktop on my second computer :cheerful:

Major Kerina
I'm working on an Ellen one now, it's gonna probably as huge as the Grace one because there's a lot of interesting movements Ellen makes that I want to capture and you may not realize it but more direct captures needs serious touching up, removal of non-character elements and deletion of graphical junk lines that is a shade off the white which allows transparency.

Swarm
From where are you considering Ellan to "begin" as at were? I'd do it from the "diamond incident" onwards...

Matt_Katt
you could have the diamond incident in the centre of the collage

Major Kerina
To me, Ellen begins with Tedd going postal with the TF gun on Elliot. And unfortunately the center won't be the diamond because there's been so many post Diamond images of Ellen as a free being. As Elliot's parents said, he was merely pregnant with Ellen in himself from the beginning, so I'm taking it that way ^_^

Swarm
Fair enough, your collage ;)

I prefer to regard that "Ellan" as part of Elliot though, the seperate being was yet to be created.

Major Kerina
Heeeeeree's Ellen.
Ellen (www.angelfire.com/anime5/gaiaresidentkerina/ellen.JPG)

Matt_Katt
didja have to use the words 'gave birth' ?

Snowflake
These are great Kerina, only you're running out of characters! I can just imagnie the quick Melissa one or a small Hedge one now ;)

Professor Germahn (I can't have spelled that right) or Amanda however would be a bit bigger I bet.

Matt_Katt
you should wait a while if your gonna do a hedge one

Swarm
By the time it's a good bet to do a Hedge one I bet the other collages could have a massive expansion to them.

Major Kerina
Another issue I have is the formatt of the comics on the site seem to have changed. I can no longer easily save them as gifs or jpegs for some reason. Now, what I have to do if I want a high quality version is do a direct screen capture of the site, paste it into Paint and save it as a 24 bit BMP.

Acanous
*Stumbles into the thread*
*Looks up*
HOLY JEREMY BATMAN!!!

Ryvaken Tal`Draco
You're bored, arn't you?

*Testing*
I love the pets one! Do you think Dan likes cats? There has never been one dog in EGS, if anyone has noticed. Not even a dog TF!
These are awesome, congrats on the good work Major!!

Swarm
I'm a dog person myself, but I think cats tend to work better for TF purposes...they're kinda traditional for that :D Plus Brownie is cool anyway and Jeremy's a cat...?

x-atm092
Well, there's also the fact that cats tend to be a little easier to draw, since dogs have more expression about them.

And I think cat-transformations do look more human, whereas dog transformations are rarely seen, and take away the entire human facial sturcture, therefore making them harder to do, or even incorporate into a comic such as this.

Major Kerina
Yeah, I'd say Dan like cats.

And squirrels a little bit too :) *the magic smile of understandment*

Mike_KC
I really like all of them a lot, especially because it lets me see just how Dan's artwork has *cough*improved*cough* over time. Plus, it also confirms my belief that Ellen by far has the widest range of emotions out of all the characters. Keep 'em coming, but don't lose too much sleep over them!

Major Kerina
I think after I take car of a few chores today I might get to work on a Justin(e) collage.

Swarm
Something else to look forward to :)

Major Kerina
Looks like Angelfire is down. Hopefully not for too long or I'll have to track down an alternate host.

Acanous
Hmm... *looks around*
It seems that it's back up.

Major Kerina
Yeah, it must have just been brief maintainance. False alarm.

Acanous
so do we get to see your collage?

Major Kerina
Still working on Justin's I reread all the comics just for fun.

Acanous
Ah. I see.
well than I guess I'll whine at you s'more tomorrow.
;)

Major Kerina
-_- I look forward to it.....*extra heaping helpings of sarcasm*

Acanous
what? you don't enjoy being whined at by the market everyone's after?
I mean, Like stated before, I'm in good health, live in north america, am 18 , don't smoke or drink, have good credit, am caucasian... EVERYONE wants a piece of my opinion. and I'm trying to figure out a way to turn that to my advantage..

Major Kerina
I wonder if a collage counts as art....

Matt_Katt
Not really. you didnt draw it

Major Kerina
Well, the class I took in it as an elective a little while ago was Art 185. I took all kinds of previously published materials for artistic purposes. And neither this nor that is for publication or profit in any sense (especially in college, I had to pay them [tuition] to make those)

Still I think it should go under some header....I put a lot of late nights of lost sleep into these. :(

Matt_Katt
You could put them in the fan art section i suppose

Major Kerina
I'll wait and see where Dan deems it best to put it once his finals are over.

terribleRobbo
Originally posted by Matt_Catt
Not really. you didnt draw it

"Stealing from one is plaguerism,
Stealing from many is research."

(It may apply... Hmm... Maybe.)

What is art but stealing/expanding on what has already been done? How many examples of art can you think of are completely original?

Hmm.

Coneldore
Originally posted by Ryvaken Tal`Draco
You're bored, arn't you?

If Kerina's efforts are out of boredom, what level of boredom took you to the impressive power to type that and click the reply button? I'm sure it was very meaningful.

Wilowah
Hey...you kinda skipped some pictures at first, but now you're doing like, them all at once... I think I can tell this by comparing the size of the Ellen to the Elliot.

Major Kerina
Huh? In which do you mean? Some snippets are slightly scrambled because they're tiny. As long as it isn't an exactly repeated image, it's all there up to about the end of Elliot's Crew.

CnCmaster4life
i know this is kinda late but thats because i haven't seen this thread b4 but is it me or did tedd's mouth and nose kinda seperated when the tf gun appeared??

Major Kerina
Actually I think his mouth just isn't visible.

Drat, my site has been crashed. And I had a whole Gigabyte of alloted bandwith.

CnCmaster4life
if it isn't visiable and ur sapose to see it then i consicer it not there

Major Kerina
Bandwith keeps going out, drat.

Trouserpress
Originally posted by Major Kerina
I wonder if a collage counts as art....

Yes, of course it does! It takes a lot of talent to be able to organise images/materials/things in an effective way on paper/screen etc. Take Kurt Schwitters for example. He made some of the most fabulous collages I've ever seen. Example below...

So Major, I would certainly say your wonderful collages count as art. :monocle:

HUZZAH!