: Is Hedge Really A Villian?

*Testing*
All right, I have a question. Is or will Hedge really turn out to be a villian? In "Hoot", he talks about "successfully failing" to locate Grace. This suggests that he really does not want her to be found. In that case, it may be possible that he doesn't want to be doing any of the evil things he's doing. Maybe Damien and Vlad are forcing him to help them. On the other hand, he seems perfectly willing to kidnap Elliot if he can't find Grace before he runs out of time, whatever the time limit is for.

BTW, I am new here, so hi, all :wave:

x-atm092
Hi *Testing*, welcome to EGS

And I think Hedge is not a villian at heart, but he is doing evil things. He's being manipulated by evil because that's the only thing he's ever known. Bet he's not evil at heart.

Ryvaken Tal`Draco
Hedge is a soldier. Bred to fight, not to question authority. Given what is said about him compared to others he may be a terrible enemy or a great ally. However, only Grace stands any real chance of getting to him.

Swarm
Hi there!

I think you have a good point, it'll be interesting to see where the "successfully failing" comment leads, some nice forshadowin there.

Major Kerina
We'll have to wait till "Painted Black" to see that question answered I suppose
But Hedge isn't really the bad guy, he's just doing a job. He's just a Ronin.

I once had a theory I've now discarded.
The theory was...well Elliot has brown hair....Brownie has brown fur...Hedge is likely following Elliot home since he saw the car from the roof top....needing the element of surprise he might strike at night....cats often roam at night....He considers Elliot "cat"....Brownie is a cat...say he were to run into Brownie while searching the house...your mind can pick up the rest.

But as I said it's just a thought process I've moved past, feel free to work with it as inspiration or whatnot.

Acanous
Um. I think that's both the wierdest and on-target suggestion yet...
But anyway, I refuse to believe that hedgehogs can be evil. mutant, were, or otherwise, hedgehogs are the Way-past cool good guys. I think upon the creation of the animals, The LORD may have looked down upon the hedgehog and said: Fear not your lowly stature, for you shall be a Good Guy.
or mebbe it was tread not upon the meek, for.....

71-hour Ahmed
Hedge is probably attempting to move away from evil, but he is not as nice as Grace. He probably has a dark side that shouldn't be forgotten about given his ancestry.

Acanous
his parents were roboticized by Vlad and he'll give them back when hedge brings in a morphling.

thecapedcaper
I think Hedge is awesome. One minute he's planning doom, the next he's munching popcorn. Short-Attention Span, anyone?

Swarm
He's a brilliant character, obviously completely laid back...or just easily distracted :D

Ryvaken Tal`Draco
I have ADHD. Hedge doesn't even come close. Trust me.

Ryvaken Tal`Draco
Hmm. Let us assume that Hedge will attack sooner or later. Let us assume that Ellen will be part of those attacked, being one of the four top fighters in the group (including Grace at #1 by sheer power). What would Hedge look like if Ellen zapped him?

*Testing*
Cool! An FV5 Hedge! I wonder if he will be hot...? HAHA! He isn't a chick yet, so I can't ge- *THWACK* Ouch!
That would be very sad if Hedge stole Brownie, though, I would cry! I hope Dan doesn't hurt the kitty...

Swarm
Hadn't thought of that...Ellan's TF powers are pretty good defence, if something is to happen to them, how will people be able to get around it?

F5 Hedge is something I doubt many people considered until now :lol:

Acanous
The only person we've seen V5'd was Elliot.
Tedd V1'd himself. Ellen IS V5 Elliot, so she counts as V5'd, but isn't mentioned.
I don't think we'll see too much more of that sort of thing, but I think there are a few more TF related surprises for us in store..

Snowflake
Kerina, that Brownie theory is so insane... but oh so logical too. I love it, and Hedge would be failing spectacularly at that point. :)

Ijuin
Originally posted by Acanous
The only person we've seen V5'd was Elliot.
Tedd V1'd himself. Ellen IS V5 Elliot, so she counts as V5'd, but isn't mentioned.

So what about when Ellen zaps herself? Would that be V5 X 2, or what?

As for Hedge "successfully failing to find Grace", I am thinking that he knows what Damien has in store for her and wants her to escape that fate, although it's also apparent that he can't simply report back empty-handed.

Swarm
V5 does seem to have a multiplying effect on anyone already female, any male it effects seems to be a more "normal" girl...erm, I think I could explain what I mean better than that, but not sure how.

Ryvaken Tal`Draco
I always figured that "successfully fail" was more along the lines of Dan tripping over Hedge's tounge. Given the difficulty Dan claimed to be having with the previous comic set I don't think that phrase needs to be looked into any deeper than writer error.

Unless previous discussion has proved me wrong on this point.

Acanous
When ellen zaps herself she goes "Venus form" and gets all wierd and kinky.

Ryvaken Tal`Draco
The nature of that Venus form brings one to wonder how closely Ellen resembles Elliot hit with V5. I seriously doubt her pheremones are as strong as they once were, if for no other reason than such biochemical reactions would preclude the development of any serious relationship. Sirens do not good characters make (unless they can shut it off)

Acanous
Dan already said that the pheremones are still there, just really diluted, thus, weaker.

Ryvaken Tal`Draco
Where does it say this? Blast my newness!

Acanous
ummm... I honestly don't remember.. mebbe he also put it in the charactors section?

CRS2117
Did I ever post my view about this? I don't think Hedge is a villian in the classic sense of the word but somewhat like a harlequin (in my opinion harlequins are cool because they are neutral and take now shiz from no one). He's too cool to be evil. More like a Rebel, except he's too cool for that.

"Your popcorn is ready sir"

"Kickass"

thecapedcaper
You know how they said Ellen had only a month to live, but then they said it wouldn't happen? What if it really did?

Swarm
...that would be evil! It'd be a pretty sharp twist, but probably sharp enough to upset most of the poor innocent bunnies.

Major Kerina
It's been kinda settled by Mr. Verres that she won't but you never know. He could be wrong. But that's pretty low possibility-wise.

Acanous
I thought that a month already went by.
(DO NOT DEBATE STORYLINE/TIMELINE!!!)
and I diddn't think of it this way untill I saw hariquinn written down, but Harley Quinn from Batman... I get it now...

Major Kerina
Let see it was little over a week that contains all the time since the beginning till the end of Sister.
Then skip a few days (Thursday). Maybe a short time afterwards to allow for Sarah's hair to grow but it's defintely not a big amount of time that has passed since.

Acanous
Dangit! I said no timelining!
NOOOOOOO!!!
>Captain! there is a disturbance in the timeline!
-There allways IS when someone tries to figure out EGS!
;)
How long did elliot spend femme-zapped before Ellen was created? one day? two? a week?