: Super El Goonish Shive Melee!

Kaji Yomiuri
The first ever EGS video game! Question is what power to we give to who ?

A - Normal Attack

B - Special attack

B + v - Falling Special attack

B + ^ - Jumping special Attack

B + </> - Running Special Attack

Z - Grab Attack

Acanous
Ummm.... Well Grace would get the shapechange ability, as would elliot, tedd would get a TF gun for a special, Ellen would have a TF beam... ummm Nan would get fairy flight for ^B, and duplicate self-shot for B... Ummm..... we haven't really seen much in the way of fighting for anyone else...

*Testing*
>You have no normal jump button.
>Hedge could shoot spikes for a special, Susan could use the sword, Greg could use those telekenetic powers he has, Jeremy can do cool kitty stuff + spikes too, the Playah could use superbabemagnet powers... ummm.... I cant think of any more right now.
>This video game must have cool disco playing in the background.
>Jeremy must be the main character.

Acanous
*Testing must get an avitar, Dangit!*
umm,,,, have Vlad as an optional Charactor, after unlocking of course, the goo as a mini-boss and Lord Tedd as the end boss.

Ryvaken Tal`Draco
Tedd has his TF gun, this is certain. The jump / fall/ whatever specials would alter the transformation.

Elliot should have some sort of l33t fighting move as his specials, one of which being the incredible Tamashii Gekido. And I recall something about him summoning inner demons...

Ellen would also have Tamashii, but rather than more fighting moves Venus form and TF blast hand ray thingy yeah.

Justin is a (blue belt?) at the anime dojo thingy, so he should get some of Elliot's moves as well as the illusion trick.

Nanase is nothing without that trendy which-one-is-real illusion moves. Add to that a few martial moves and a "scout mode" via fairy.

Susan...hammers. A lot of them. And a sword. That's about it.

Sarah, um, er, yes well, she can shock people with her normalcy? Or take her out and say she was captured or something.

Grace...duh. Transformations, limited telekenesis.

Most of the other characters are just redundant upon one another.

Kaji Yomiuri
Elliot:

A - 3 Punch flash

B - Twister Punch

B + v - Tamashii Gekido

B + ^ - Sun Dial Kick

B + </> - Togateiru Fohku Kohgeki

Z - Uppercut Thorw

Acanous
What about a combo A attack?

Kaji Yomiuri
wait

A - Flash punch

Combo A - 3 Flash Punch

Ryvaken Tal`Draco
I forgot Jeremy!

Um...well like all cats he can teleport himself beneath any foot anywhere in the world at any time, he has those spine things, and he can look reeeeeal evil when not fed ontime http://www.elgoonishshive.com/story.php?0253 --Best Jeremy pic ever.

terribleRobbo
Very nice.

Kaji Yomiuri
Tedd:

A - Heat Ray Glasses (cat: slash/ squirrel: nut toss)

Combo A - Glasses Blast

B - Summon Jeremy

B + v - Turn into half cat Tedd

B + ^ - Turn into half squirel

B + </> - Running blast/nut toss/slasher

Z - TF gun grab

x-atm092
whow, that looks sooo cool. If a movie is off the charts, this has got to be the next best thing.

Dacheran
Originally posted by Kaji Yomiuri
Tedd:

A - Heat Ray Glasses (cat: slash/ squirrel: nut toss)

Combo A - Glasses Blast

B - Summon Jeremy

B + v - Turn into half cat Tedd

B + ^ - Turn into half squirel

B + </> - Running blast/nut toss/slasher

Z - TF gun grab

What about an attack that would propell him upwards? ALL character's need at attack that will propel them upwards. And frankly... I think two different transformations is overkill. He can just use the belt to turn into cat-form, or maybe... instead of Catform... he could go JEREMY form... yes...

Ryvaken Tal`Draco
Or turn OTHERS into mice.

Dacheran
That could be a good B attack... using the gun to turn the opponents into random stuff. For a limited time of course. ;)

Ryvaken Tal`Draco
Turn into mice, summon Jeremy, problem solved...

Dacheran
Of course, some people might be disappointed by that because then they couldn't actually play AS Jeremy.

Ryvaken Tal`Draco
I tried to figure out what Jeremy's moves would be but his strngth and such is limited by his size. Cat people make good fighters. Cats do not.

Dacheran
Well... if you look at Super Smash Brothers Melee, which this seems to be based off of, that game has pichu. And Pichu isn't exactly strong or very big at all. But being short can be a good thing. I can recall many a time I've been annoyed because my enemy was to short for me to easily hit.

Ryvaken Tal`Draco
Ok. When Jeremy starts firing electric blasts I'll be convinced. Seriously thogh, his fight with Greg was kinda a one-sided match...

Dacheran
True... his inability to manipulate ki energy is a downside... but if you look at say... Jiggly Puff in SSBM, she doesn't have cool lightning blast attacks. Or any cool attacks for that matter. umm... yeah.

*Testing*
JEREMY MUST RULE!!!Mwaaahahahah!!! *cough* sorry about that. Jeremy could curl into a ball and shoot spkes, and he can throw yarn, and claw and bite people, and cough hairballs onto them. GO JEREMY!!!
The object of the game is to rescue Sarah, that is a good idea. Who will be the evil people in this game now? and is it going to be a vs mode game, or a quest type game? or just SSBM thingy?

71-hour Ahmed
Jeremy could use his spikes as a weapon, a sort of hit him while hes crouching and you take damage. Same with legion/Jeremy form Grace.

but you run out of unique moves for other characters too fast at the moment. Unless you annoy them with the "summon Tensaided" move.

71-hour Ahmed
evil: the animal people (hedge and damien, etc), Shade Tail alpha, Lord Tedd alpha.

vs mode would be fun, but you need the unique moves to make characters different.

Dacheran
Heh heh... to go oldskool... Elliot could hide in his coat of Solitude. Nothing can penetrate the coat of solitude.

Matt_Katt
but then that would mean he cant attack

CRS2117
Justin should be able to summon a giant robotic Buddha if he does his special meditation move.

Dacheran
Originally posted by Matt_Catt
but then that would mean he cant attack

Only when the coat is on. Such as... the shields in SSBM, or Fox's and Ness's down+b attacks in ssbm.

jesus_freak
would there be any items?

Ryvaken Tal`Draco
Hmm. Take out Tedd and put in TF guns as items? :O_o:

Kaji Yomiuri
Sarah and/or Susan -

A - Hammer

Combo A - Hammer Strike

B - Charge Hammer

B + ^ - Thunder Hammer Spin

B + v - Flaming Hammer Strike

B + </> - Hammer Toss

Z - Hammer Time

(sorry I ran out of ideas ^^; )

*Testing*
Sarah can use the hammers if you insist on giving them to someone.
Remember, Susan has that cool sword.

Major Kerina
Sarah can also use the doodle pen to draw herself a special attack of tornado hammers or something

Ryvaken Tal`Draco
Nah, that'd be taking away from Hammer Queen Susan.

Acanous
umm, Fox has a blaster, but the Blaster is also an item. Tedd has a TF gun, so the same rules can apply.

Dacheran
Yes. With some differences of course. Say... the item TF gun would just turn you into a half-something person, random thing of course(and second shot changing you back) And Tedd's TF gun changes the victim completely into something. Like a rat, or a bear, or a squid. Or something.

terribleRobbo
So, anybody feel like making this?

Release as platform-independant C++ (under the GPL, or course)...

Hmm... Any C++ coders around...?

Wilowah
I don't think one would like to shoot a gun at someone if it'll give them benefits... however, the TF gun as an item may be a good idea if you'd use it on yourself... but I think it should be random- it could be bad or good.

Kaji Yomiuri
Grace- (cat form only)
A - Bite

Combo A - Bite N Slash

B - Blade Slasher

B + ^ - Super Jump

B + v - Tail Whip

B + </> - Hyper Tackle

Z - Tail Grab

Ninja Brad
Originally posted by Dacheran
True... his inability to manipulate ki energy is a downside... but if you look at say... Jiggly Puff in SSBM, she doesn't have cool lightning blast attacks. Or any cool attacks for that matter. umm... yeah.

true...she doesn't

But if you know how to use her..ironically, you can win any match easily

Wilowah
Originally posted by Wilowah
I don't think one would like to shoot a gun at someone if it'll give them benefits... however, the TF gun as an item may be a good idea if you'd use it on yourself... but I think it should be random- it could be bad or good.

Like, for instance, a bad transformation would be a bovine. I mean, who'd want to be one? :ermm:

(Whats wrong with quoting oneself?)

Kaji Yomiuri
Justin-

A - Side Kick

Combo A - Sidesweep Kick

B - Inner Foucs

B + ^ - Dragon Upperkick

B + v - Raging Bullet

B + </> - Twister Elbow

Z - Ki Chuck

Kaji Yomiuri
Demonic Duck -

A - Bill Bite

Combo A - Big Bill Bite

B - Fire Blast

B + ^ - Horn Bullet

B + v - Demonic Glare

B + </> - Feather Cutter

Z - Flight of the Demonic Duck

Kaji Yomiuri
Hey Dan create your moves for your char. in the SEGSM game

Thunder_Wolf
Kaji, are you saying that the different forms of Grace should be different characters? or did you just plain forget that you should have a "Transform back" ability?

Major Kerina
It would be neat if Grace could be like Kirby and transform into and take on the abilities of another character...