: Stargate: SG-1

Ryvaken Tal`Draco
New season starts in an hour. A behind the scenes special starts in 15 minutes. Spoilers are likely to be posted. God I love that show.

Major Kerina
Holy cow! Thanks for the reminder.
3 hours, right?

Ryvaken Tal`Draco
Oh. My. God. That was good.

UNMARKED SPOILERS

Did anyone else notice that the power core thing on Anubis's ship was 99% identical to that of the second Death Star? The Death Star's was a little rounder and had a secondary tower on the top dome to the right of it from camera perspective, but other than that...
And the Gou'ould(I never did figure out how to spell that) that has gone senile. Nice to know even their lifespans are limited.
The Naquadria situation is also interesting. I wonder if there's any more.
With Jonas's mind tied into the ship, shouldn't he have given away Daniel's position a bit instantly?
And, of course, the failed weapon. "It will work. Powering the reactor. This can't fail. It just blew up. Whoops. Hey, look! I have a hole in my chest! Those staff weapons hurt like-"

Major Kerina
Ack! Forgot again....eh...I'll watch it at 11....

Acanous
SG1...they have a stargate cartoon on fox now... the creepiest part is that I understand how something to the effect of a stargate could and will eventually work... it need not be stationary, however, as long as you have the math worked out perfectly...

Acanous
*Wonders if Kerina is actually here or off watching SG1 while her CPU idles in the SF room*
*Laughs a bit*
don't waste electricity, it's expencive now with that EnRon thing in the past..

Fetch
If you know the co-ordiantes for a solar system, as long as there is a gate in that system in working order, you can go thru.

Problem occurs if there is more than one gate in the system.
How could you know which gate you were going to?

As the show showed, you can only have one gate active on a planet at a time. Can't remember why that is, it just is.

37 symbols. 36 constellations and the Planet symbol.
I'd like to know which 36 constellations are on the Earth gate.
I know that Orion, Canis Major, and Ursa Major are on it, but what are the other 33?

Acanous
I don't know, but I'm guessing at the following:
3 sets of coordinates are there to specify the gate you are travelling from. that's right, the origin=what 3 veriables?. 3 coordinates are there to triangulate where the planet you want is, as there are many planets. 2 coordinates, one for the send point and one for the end point to open the 'gate, in the movie, earth was the werd pyramid thing, and the additional veriable coordinates to pinpoint certain predesignated universal landmarks, to calculate the exact position of where these two bodies ley in the galaxy/ies of choice. this can be narrowed down to a simple 11-didgit code for one-time one-system travel, but they had 12 for some reason.

Major Kerina
Actually watching it now. ^_^

Acanous
Have fun! you should tape record it.

Major Kerina
I haven't used my tape recorder for months...it's stacked between out cable set and DVD so I worry it might over-heat one or the other. BTW, the Stargate episode seems like it's ripping off both Independance Day and Star Wars in big quantities but it's good to see Daniel Jackson back on the team.

Acanous
Yay!
he was off the team?
jeez... I shoul have payed more attention to the series... not having TV for 6 months kinda krimps your habits. but now I'm back! YAY!

Major Kerina
I had the same kinda of situation too when I was away at college, always busy. And now it seems like I'm out of the SG-1 look. I wish Showtime had kept them. I used to love that I could see the episodes without the need to ignore commercials.

Ryvaken Tal`Draco
Originally posted by Acanous
I don't know, but I'm guessing at the following:
3 sets of coordinates are there to specify the gate you are travelling from. that's right, the origin=what 3 veriables?. 3 coordinates are there to triangulate where the planet you want is, as there are many planets. 2 coordinates, one for the send point and one for the end point to open the 'gate, in the movie, earth was the werd pyramid thing, and the additional veriable coordinates to pinpoint certain predesignated universal landmarks, to calculate the exact position of where these two bodies ley in the galaxy/ies of choice. this can be narrowed down to a simple 11-didgit code for one-time one-system travel, but they had 12 for some reason. Actually, 6 points to precisely define a position in three dimensional space, a seventh symbol as point of origin. They've kinda made that abundantly clear.

Me, I see it more likely that 12 points for an address, 6 for here and 6 for there. Too, using constillations would be inefficent as compared to using individual stars.

BTW the symbol they use for Earth is a unit of measurement used in atomic physics.

Ryvaken Tal`Draco
The Lowdown episode had some great outtakes.

"You used to be Mr. MacGyver now you're Mr. MacUseless! We have everything! Shoe strings clothes guns bags...build a nuclear bomb or something! Stuck on a glaciar with MacGyver!"

Major Kerina
Heh, they had that on again at 1 am. It was fun. I never knew Christopher Judge was such of a joker. Rick (as they called him) and the guy who plays Daniel seems just like their characters. And I say they should have Carter be funny, how come they can't? Or at least a little kicked back.