: Farscape

Acanous
I had two choices: Hijack another thread and turn it into a discussion on Farscape, or make my own thread about farscape. I took the road less travelled by.
so discuss what you will about Farscape, as Space is decreeing that it is no longer dead, but will have to be all re-aired from the beginning whilst they make more.
YAY FARSCAPE!!!
-Acanous

Ryvaken Tal`Draco
What's this not-dead buisness?

Ranma
So they will be making new episodes?

Acanous
that's what I hear! it's gonna be back on Space (The Canadian Sci-Fi channel) starting next month!!!
*Acanous rubs his hands with glee*

CRS2117
I see Farscape as the direct Rival of Lexx (besides numerous things it has ripped off) and I just cannot like the show. Plus Farscape had no Stanleys or Kai's. Just one Jerk and a psychotic muppet.

Acanous
but lookit the muppet! the muppet is a muppet!
and I do know what you mean, but look at how many people have used "Warp" and "Hyperspace". some things need to be ripped off or there is nothing but chaos, most of it stupid. intelligent chaos... that is true chaos.

Major Kerina
How can you not like a show with such great drama? So what if they're muppets? George Lucas used muppets before he got all rich and full of himself.

Acanous
before CGI was invented and Lucas' chin took over his cranium?

Major Kerina
That's about right. Anyone know if the later Farscape seasons will appear in box sets?

Acanous
not a clue, tho if you have a C-band satelite system, you can copy them for free, on VHS and it's not illegal.
G5-4.
around 6 or 7 at night.
doncha LOVE my useless trivia?

Major Kerina
Unfortunately Farscape is still out but there's plenty of devoted fans trying to revive it at Save Farscape (www.savefarscape.com/)

Acanous
I know. I'm ONE of those kind of devoted fans...

Major Kerina
The P2P file trading programs also have a lot of the Farscape programs for free.

Acanous
my computer is far too slow. even flash goes slow.

Major Kerina
I know the feeling, my old 233 mHz laptop couldn't play even the simplest video files....

Acanous
hmm. that kinda sux. at least we can see the comic!
if I were to go on survivor, I'd have to find a computer with some sort of internal satelite internet access and a solar-powered battery... and now we're talking expencive.

Major Kerina
Neat, I mean I HAD that laptop, well I still do but I use a new one which is ten times as fast now.

Acanous
sometimes, in the course of thier travels, my parents will be issued expencive, superfast laptops, at which point, my inner circle gets together to discuss which games to put on it. after a little planning and much conversing with one in particular, I can slap ANY game onto it... but than after a while the company takes it back and wipes it.

Major Kerina
That's lame :(. Well at least you get to play the games for a little while. Do you have a favorite Farscape episode, Acanous?

Acanous
the first one. definately the first one. it's the only one where Jhon really acted like he diddn't have a freaking clue. It was also full of emotion and explained a lot.

Major Kerina
Well, he didn't have a clue for quite some time to be honest. Out of Their Minds and The Way We Weren't were both really great episodes.

Acanous
I did like the way we weren't.
also liked the episodes involving moya's baby being born. put a new spin on things.

Major Kerina
To each their own.
I enjoyed the connection between Aeryn and Pilot.

Acanous
that really developed after the experiment thing where she was being turned INTO the same thing as pilot.

CRS2117
Originally posted by Acanous
hmm. that kinda sux. at least we can see the comic!
if I were to go on survivor, I'd have to find a computer with some sort of internal satelite internet access and a solar-powered battery... and now we're talking expencive.

Solar powered? That'd only work 12 or so hours at best. If I was on a desert island I'd make a heat pump connected to the sea and use the heat to power from piezo electric bars. Not the most efficent way to make power but there is a lot of heat energy in seas which work as a solar panel.

tasselhoff
Yes I love Farscape becaus the aliens are alien and it has a plot. Farscape is dead now though with the worst ending since Space: Above and Beyond.

Major Kerina
Yeah and it was intended to just be the Fourth Season ending all along too.

But here's the thing....the both of them would have two resurrections each? Isn't that a bit much? I feel the whole "We're So Screwed" mentality (best title)....deserves that kinda cinema-interruptus....the worst day of your life kinda thing....it's sad but it's true to Farscape.

tasselhoff
Yes that why I compaired it to Space: Above and Beyond. Both good shows that were cut down at season finalys before they could finish there storys.

Major Kerina
How did that show end? I never saw the last episode.

tasselhoff
I don't remeber the people names so bear with me and its been a while since I saw it.

They were in one of the drop ship things when chigs attacked them. They couldn't hold them off and were lost in the middle of now where. The heating had already given out and air was going to go soon. To save the rest of them when more chigs came the asian guy extected himself in the big pod. He blazed away at the chigs but was now a siting target slowly drifting away as the other escaped... The End. No conclusion to the chig war. Nothing on what happened to everyone else. Nothing at all.

Major Kerina
Well that sounds even worse than Farscape's ending...

Acanous
yeah, at least ayrn and john died...

Major Kerina
Well, they died...again...which from what I've heard was intended to be only temporary...

tasselhoff
I don't think they died but were captured. The alien dude said to bring them in for questioning IIRR.

Acanous
yup.. they were propably just beamed out or some such.

Major Kerina
They were sampled....which makes me think that the ocean planet is conscious a-la Solaris (the book not the Hollywood movie). The last issue of the fan magazine had a story written by the creator that continues the story a little but it occurs long after season 5.

Acanous
so you're thinking cloning of some kind?