: HEY DAN!!!!!!!!!

showler
http://forums.keenspot.com/viewtopic.php?p=994059#994059

Read the above. I've finally gotten a reaction from someone at Keenspot. I don't agree with all he said, but it gives you the opportunity to be heard.

I do agree with him about building the buffer though. Just don't tell us when you get ahead a bit, and don't feel pressured to give us the comics the moment you finish them.

thecapedcaper
Man, $2 a day for Fastclick? That, like, sucks.

Major Kerina
It's slightly better than 0 dollars a day I guess :-/

Ryvaken Tal`Draco
I am suddenly compelled to buy EGS stuff.

Major Kerina
Do follow that compulsion....^_^

thecapedcaper
The "Read or the Owl will eat you" shirt compells me to buy it.

Illjwamh
"Buy this shirt or the owl will eat you."

Major Kerina
That's what it should say or "Donate/Buy EGS Stuff or the Owl Will Hunt You Down"

Kisai
I actually wrote an e-mail to Dan, but I don't think he recieved it ;_; Or maybe thought it was spam...

KeenSPACE can use some new "established reader base" comics on the new server. *hint* *hint*

The new server is only running at about 10% capacity, maybe not even that. I was told by one of the other admins that I should probably move some of the more popular comics (already on KeenSPACE) to the new server to balance things out, but honestly I'd rather get some new established comics.

Gav commented that AutoKeen doesn't/can't be configured to run the main comics and filler strip portions... which is technically correct on KeenSPOT, as it's using an independant code base from what's running on KeenSPACE that unofficially does support something like that(now I'm going to stick my foot in my mouth and not find the bugs in it till someone actually wants that feature. --;)

AutoKeen itself is the same, but the "driver" to the DB and the DB itself can be configured to have more than one comic/author per username, hence "two" comics can be updated without needing an additional account.

DarkShive
Does being a part of keenspot truly require the use of "Autokeen"? I mean, I know how to get the same essential results using my own system (my own system being the PHP version of the javascript coding I did for my site as rendered by Bo Lindbergh, later modified slightly by me).

I am curious about Keen-related alternatives, and I do thank you for your post and e-mail... do you know anything about this? http://www.keenprime.com

Kisai
KeenPrime is the "paid" hosting version of KeenSPACE/KeenSPOT, essentually you pay 19.95 dollars a month, get mysql/php access, pay 1$ or 2.50$/GB overage, etc. No banners. "Premium Support" *cough*

(KeenPrime was basically demanded over frustration with the banner ads on KeenSPACE/KeenSPOT where people were going "I'd sooner pay X$ a month to get rid of the f****** ads!!"

You don't -have- to use AutoKeen, there are people don't use it and get by fine, even on KeenSPACE. Just like how people don't have to use the supplied forums or any other feature for that matter that doesn't appeal to them.

Just PHP is restricted as a "feature" of KeenPRIME, so KeenSPACE can't be enabled with it (well, can't be enabled for comic use.)

Kisai
BTW, I reread your question about autokeen.

KeenSPOT would require the use of Autokeen since the "bar" on the top actually replaces the body tag in html as to get zero border/margin/padding. (Ick non-css)

KeenSPACE does not require the use of the autokeen system (I have yet to overhaul it to be xhtml compliant, one of the many to-do features on the "do asap" list)

KeenPRIME has a version of AutoKeen closer to what's on KeenSPOT.

As for alternatives, There is also "cologuys" which is what hosts MegaTokyo, Machall, Real Life Comics, and a few others. It's essentially the same deal, use their php driven comic system, ad management, etc. But you are paying for it, just like KeenPrime

KeenSPACE is 100% free, only the advertisement banner has to be located at the top. That's pretty much it if you don't want to use the autokeen system.