: Animated EGS?

Dr_Moreau
An idea that I had...maybe a small animated episode would be cool, though it would be a serious undertaking...and I don't really think that Dan needs anymore stress on him than there already is. Plus, the ordeal with the voice actors was disputed in the EGS Video Game Thread...basically, some people would be put off. But hey, what are some of your opinions?

Major Kerina
Let's see...24 frames a second....60 seconds in a minute...22 minutes (average length)

You only need to draw them about 30,000 times Dan.

But by using a few Anime frame-saving tricks you might be able to get that down into the low couple thousands at least.

And you think we have a burned out Dan Squirrel now?

*pats the Dr. on the head* I went through this phase too...

Illjwamh
That's why animators exist. They're hired to do the hard stuff for you.

Talandar
hired, unfortunately, with what is most likely a good deal of cash. Perhaps the bunnies with drawing skills could do it... (I have no drawing skills...)

Major Kerina
But they wouldn't be Dan :(

Agrajag
He could use Flash. That would be weird.

terribleRobbo
>He could use Flash. That would be weird.

For the love of God, noooooooooooooo!

Major Kerina
What do you have against Flash?

Lord Vader
It just wouldn't work here. This comic has that kinda feel that can only be achieved by a panel based comic. I'm not sure how else to describe it.

(Yay! School's out which means you'll be seeing a lot more of me around here.)

Kairie
Dunno about the voice acting.
But it`ll be too much work.
And uh... not friendly to 56k users... :p

Dacheran
Yeah... poor 56k... I pity thee....

Every time you do a comic with voice actors, you kill af 56k users connection.

So please, think of the connections.

Dr_Moreau
I know that I was just grasping at straws with the idea, but wouldn't the idea be awesome? Aww hell, flash wouldn't be *THAT* bad, but I agree that it might not be exactly the best thing...I mean, if you're gonna go, you gotta go all out, ya know?

Illjwamh
In any case, I know I'd be glad to volunteer my services as a voice actor.

Dr_Moreau
Yeah, I think that I could possibly do a Greg or maybe Da Playah.
I'd love to be Da Playah, though, cuz it'd be a blast to do.

Illjwamh
You a VA too?

Acanous
(I know a few masters in the art of flash that might be able to help, tho I doubt that t would be easy for Dan...)

CnCmaster4life
i'll help with animation now that schools out but i'm stuck with this 56k piece of junk till july or so. :( oh well just want to let u guys know i'm willing to help

Kairie
You can`t play as Da Playah...
For he is a 56k user too, once the movie starts, he shall die as stated.
Seriously, I wonder how will Da Playah sound.
I mean, I like the guy. :)
But the Demonic Duck pwnz him.

Major Kerina
In the words of the great and only Tedd "So much conclusion jumping..."

Swarm
Exactly my thoughts... :p

Dr_Moreau
Originally posted by Illjwamh
You a VA too?

Oh...wait...I'm so confused...that's an actual profession? Well I guess that makes sense...but no, I was just dreaming out loud really...there are probably tons more people out there who are more qualified than I am...*sigh*

Illjwamh
Yeah, it's a real job. I've yet to make a living out of it, though. It barely buys me anime.

It's a lot harder than most people think, though. Just because they can't see you doesn't mean you have to put less effort into creating a character. Vocal inflections and pitch are everything.

Also, it's nice if you can alter your voice and do dialects. That way all of your characters don't sound the same.

Kairie
Aren`t they called "Seiyuu" in Japan or something?

Dr_Moreau
Oh I'm not saying that it's easy, quite the contrary; it seems like it'd be hard as hell. And I respect the fact that you put a lot of yourself into your work; that's the only way it can be done right, eh? I was just saying that if voice actors were ever needed...um...oh crap forget politeness...I CALL DA PLAYAH! HAHAHAHAHA
:bandit:

Illjwamh
Originally posted by Kairie
Aren`t they called "Seiyuu" in Japan or something?
They are, but I don't live there.:p

Dr_Moreau
*ba-dum-tshhh*