: EGS makes a collection?

Vash The Stampede12
I already posted this at yahoo groups EGS section, but i wondered if EGS might make a collection, like the dilbert books. I would buy it, and it wouldn't be that tough to make.:chinese: :dead:

Shad
That's what I was wondering. A series of EGS books would be great!

cow bell man
Yes. I would buy one .... or two.

Adama
Dan's already commented that he's talked with Plan Nine about publishing a collection of EGS, and that there'll probably be one at some point in the future.

CnCmaster4life
i might dependnig on what it is because if its just a colection of the comics online i'm probably not gonna buy it

Ryvaken Tal`Draco
I would.

DarkShive
Originally posted by CnCmaster4life
i might dependnig on what it is because if its just a colection of the comics online i'm probably not gonna buy it That's why I'd plot to include at least a few comics that won't ever be online :devious:

maniac angel
I'd so totally buy it. That's a cool idea!

Major Kerina
Wow, that is worthy of the devious smilie :p
Hopefully filler and not "These are the only comics where everything is explained but the characters promptly forget about it for the rest of the comic" *crosses fingers*

Acanous
Huh? what? A collage book of EGS? OOOH. that's good enough to ask Roy the Magic Genie for.

Woodtopian
No see, what you should do is include like commentary, original sketches, comics that never made it etc. etc.
Color the old comics, include a custom monopoly set. Stuff like that.

cool extras

Swarm
I'd certainly buy it :)

CnCmaster4life
Originally posted by DarkShive
That's why I'd plot to include at least a few comics that won't ever be online :devious:

well in taht case i'd buy it cuz its always nice to have somthing to read on the road + i get to read a few comics i never saw b4 just try not to make it go over $15

Major Kerina
It'd probably have to be all b&w though (at least last I heard). Along with the difficulty of getting anyone to publish a full color comic collection too.

Snowflake
I'd just love a hardcopy collection, but when you add in incentives, it gets even more enticing. :D

CnCmaster4life
yeah free EGS book mark with ever purchase :D or somthing like that would really get me worked up and if you do make extra comics will they follow the story or somthing?? if not do more of the Smash bros parody thing cuz i love dat

cow bell man
I wounder what the status is on this Dan? Is it a go or a no?

CRS2117
For the pleasure of not having to download gif's I would glady buy it.

With money.

Major Kerina
*understatement mode*
Things on this issue are looking very very very good.

Inev
I'm all for a EGS collection. You could have the written equivalent of directors' commentary, and include bonus features like character designs, Alienese, and the Strips That Time Forgot. Ah, hell, why not just make a DVD?

Oh, and one more thing. Vash the Stampede... 12?!? How many of the little omnipotent planty bastards are there? Did I miss an episode? Oh, wait. Never mind. My bad.

Emoore
Actually, the big reason I'd buy a collection of EGS (and a number of other favorite webcomics) is that it's a more permanent way to hold on to 'em. Sure, I can always just log on to the 'net and look at 'em now, and maybe even save a couple of my favorite single-shot comics. But no comic runs forever, and the archives won't be around on the 'net for all time, either. So with a book printed on acid-free paper, that gives me a way to treasure the various strips forever and ever. And show it to my kids. Ya know, to warp their minds at an early age...

Yes, I did rip the second-to-last couple of sentences directly from a Strongbad e-mail. Lemme 'lone...

General Shade Tail
If Megatokyo did it, El Goonish Shive certainly should! I would pay very good money for that, and I am a very stingy person...

Ivellios
That's why I'd plot to include at least a few comics that won't ever be online :devious:
Speaking of comics that are not online, any chance we'll ever get to see comics you did for the college?

Major Kerina
Those were the early ones I think.

Benjamin1986
I don't know about all the college ones being up, but some of them are, filler one (http://www.elgoonishshive.com/filler.php?0000) for instance.

Back on topic, I would definately like to have a bit of commentary, like what song inspired you on that part of the story (see, we do remember things that you told us in sketch week (http://www.elgoonishshive.com/story.php?0286)).

I'd definately put money down on this, and we might get my mother to read the thing too.

patchwork cat
I don't know about all the college ones being up, but some of them are, filler one (http://www.elgoonishshive.com/filler.php?0000) for instance.

Back on topic, I would definately like to have a bit of commentary, like what song inspired you on that part of the story (see, we do remember things that you told us in sketch week (http://www.elgoonishshive.com/story.php?0286)).

I'd definately put money down on this, and we might get my mother to read the thing too.

'filler one' tune = 'Entry of the Gladiators' and I can't get the stupid tune out of my head now. :eek:

bryan
Y'know, cafepress has started offering the ability to sell bound books. The prices don't look bad, either. They're getting ready to do better binding, so I'd wait for that, but that IS an option.

Major Kerina
Actually the option Dan is involved in to an unspecified degree and projected timetable is superior to that particular option. Don't worry about it. But thanks for the info.

General Shade Tail
:D *likes the sound of that*

Major Kerina
Sorry, I'll try to be vaguer next time. :p

And I'd expect black & white for collection.

cow bell man
So we can assume that a collection is in the works?

Major Kerina
*shrug* I'm just saying black and white is what you all should expect because of the cost of color...so the color set towards the end of Sister would probably be grayscale.

cow bell man
bummer :(
Well we I guess we'll have to wait and see if Dan is going to make one. I think anyone can under stand the reasons behind putting the whole comic in grayscale. If it came down to have it all in grayscale and not haveing it at all, I would think I could "suffer" with it in grayscale. I have about 90% of the Peanuts coimcs in "grayscale" in book form and I can tell you that It buggs me very little. I just wish it would happen soon so I can show my friends EGS and get them hook on it. ^_^

Major Kerina
http://www.angelfire.com/anime5/gaiaresidentkerina/11282002.jpg ^_^ Here's an example although Dan has much higher res versions so it should look better but it gives you a hint of what it's gonna look like. Please don't kill my bandwith...

CRS2117
Real comics don't use colours :)

cow bell man
That looks great :)
Does he need to do every one like the ones that are already in grayscale?

Benjamin1986
Greyscale is fine by me, though I would prefer color. Just having a book is good enough for me.

Major Kerina
I think Dan already has greyscale versions of all.

Swarm
Hmmm...that section still looks incredible in B&W!

Webcomics in dead tree form are great ways to make friends read works of genius. Or so I'm hoping.

cow bell man
Sorry to bump this. But, what is the good word on this project? Is it a yah or a na or a wait?

Tropylium
Nah, bumping is good for us newer bunnies. :bunny:

The concept of a book sounds delicious; but how much material there actually is currently? Is it enough for a book?
All bonus material sounds nice. Whether I'd buy it depends on avaivability and what's included. I would definitely not buy a leaflet with only, say, the stuff up to Sister, if I'd have to pay double the price for shipping :stolid: — or maybe yes, if that price was more like $5 than $25.