: Grace is top of the poll...

martinjh99
Why am I not surprised that Grace is top of the "Favourite Character" poll on the first page? ;)

I must admit she is one of my fav characters too.

Major Kerina
I'm really liking Susan a lot. But then I always have in that she's antagonistic force but still very much a good character.

CRS2117
I doubt i'll ever like Susan, even though she reminds me of a Female Justin. But to me she seems so typically feminist.

CnCmaster4life
i dunno the only person i don't really like is....... well guess i dont' hate ne one but i think i like them all the same so guess the reply was kinda pointless on my part

maniac angel
I reckon Nanse or ellen are the best. Grace is pretty cool though and I like susan... and ok then they're all awesome!

Woodtopian
I never much liked Grace, and i haven't liked Tedd for a while either. I used to like them, it was around the time Tedd just started zapping everything with everything that i started feeling resentment, and nowadays it seems the only time he's in the comic is to showcase some new race, species,sex,hairstyle hybrid.

Tedd kind of lost the "spark" when he got the tool to indulge in all of his twisted fantasies... constantly. He needs rehab! And he needs to be a he when he gets to rehab!

maniac angel
ummm woa. Ted is cool though and I'd join him in rehab anyday... that's if he was a real person and all. ummm never mind. heh.

Acanous
I like Elliot. he seriously reminds me of me three years ago.

Woodtopian
seriously, you go back to the first half of the series, he was an entirely different Tedd.

Major Kerina
Originally posted by Woodtopian
I never much liked Grace, and i haven't liked Tedd for a while either. I used to like them, it was around the time Tedd just started zapping everything with everything that i started feeling resentment, and nowadays it seems the only time he's in the comic is to showcase some new race, species,sex,hairstyle hybrid.

Tedd kind of lost the "spark" when he got the tool to indulge in all of his twisted fantasies... constantly. He needs rehab! And he needs to be a he when he gets to rehab!

*shakes* Thou shalt not insult the Tedd....*very tempted to use flaming death with hammer and edit button (to make text bigger and brighter red)*
:Pissed: :Pissed: :Pissed: :Pissed: :Pissed:

And what did Grace ever do to you?!?! *growl*

Woodtopian
I hold Grace in the highest contempt. It's because of her that Tedd is currently a squirrel woman.
He should find a sensible girfriend like... Susan.

Major Kerina
What on Earth are you talking about?

Woodtopian
probably nothing, Grace just ... ticks me off. And think about it, what a different path might the comic have taken if Grace had never been introduced! Or if she was replaced by one of her brothers!

Major Kerina
She's an integral part of the story. I have no clue why you hate her so unless you have venomous reaction to anything cute, in which case you're reading the wrong comic.

(Sorry about the comment I felt better to remove. As with all things I write, my posts are flawed and sometimes real life calls upon you before you can fully think through what you can realize no matter how much stress a post will vent, it will only cause more hurt. I'm sorry about making it feel like I'm jumping all over you Wood. I kinda wear my emotions on my sleeve and I'm especially frayed due to sickness right now. I apologize for how I responded to you)

Woodtopian
Whoa, harsh. Just leave it at that then,:dead:
I Just find myself disliking her. She's too... innocently happy.
If that makes any sense.

Major Kerina
Well, you hurt the nicest couple and you ask for it :p
And poor Grace especially.
But you have every right to express your opinion of her. Just don't expect it to be well-liked.
Also remember, these characters are still developing too. "Painted Black" may change everything for everyone.

*PS - I rarely stay ticked off, so don't worry.*

Snowflake
Originally posted by Major Kerina
*shakes* Thou shalt not insult the Tedd....*very tempted to use flaming death with hammer and edit button*
:Pissed: :Pissed: :Pissed: :Pissed: :Pissed:

And what did Grace ever do to you?!?! *growl*

Whoa whoa... using mod abilities to censor opinions is a VERY dangerous thing, even in jest...

She's an integral part of the story. I have no clue why you hate her so unless you have venomous reaction to anything cute, in which case you're reading the wrong comic.

Some people don't find Grace to be the best thing about the comic. I know I don't. Sure I don't hate Grace, but I much rather like reading about Ellen's adventures than Grace's, though her's are also great.

Well, you hurt the nicest couple and you ask for it :p
And poor Grace especially.
But you have every right to express your opinion of her. Just don't expect it to be well-liked.

Um, they aren't real people Kerina...

And having an opinion that isn't well-liked is part of having an opinion, but just because you disagree is no reason to be mean, cruel or threatening. :/

You said for Wood to chill out and calm down... well I'm gonna say the same... but instead I think you should just pause and think about what you type or post before you do... saying you don't stay angry for long doesn't change the fact that you thrice yelled at Wood for having an opinion you disagreed with. :/

Major Kerina
Snowflake - I'm really not in the mood for one of your lectures against me.

And who said anything about invoking mod powers? You shouldn't jump to conclusions about my posts.

I don't see why you want to reignite an issue.

Coneldore
Originally posted by Snowflake
Um, they aren't real people Kerina...

Ahh... another example of someone who only trusts their five fleshy senses to determine what is real and what is not.

You'd think someone who'd been inanimate a record number of times would know better. ^_^

GigaRoc
"Painted Black" may change everything for everyone.

what do you know that your not telling us? hmmm???

Major Kerina
^_^;; ....say is that a demon duck of some sort!!

j/k
It's the standard epic arc result. Like with Sister. No one is the same again.
Reactions 6/11/03, last page. That post illuminates. Look for the flaming face.

Snowflake
Snowflake - I'm really not in the mood for one of your lectures against me.

And who said anything about invoking mod powers? You shouldn't jump to conclusions about my posts.

I don't see why you want to reignite an issue.

OK, your apology to Wood came after I wrote what I did, and I likely wouldn't have written most of what I did if it came before I read your posts.

However, I just want to still clarify a couple things... I'm not lecturing, though it does seem like it I'll admit. I'm stating broadly that using mod abilities for personal reasons is wrong. And I didn't jump to conclusions as all that was written was "very tempted to use flaming death with hammer and edit button". It is only now though, long afterwards, have I seen "(to make text bigger and brighter red)" added to it. I took the original statement as abusing mod abilities, as I have a real problem with unneeded or unwarranted censorship, which when taken in the original context of "use edit button to delete post" would have been.

And this isn't reigniting an issue, our arguement was over much different things and we've both moved beyond that. All this was was a "don't abuse mod priviledges for personal reasons" and it was all a misunderstanding, so that's that.

Sorry for the hassle.

Major Kerina
I accept your apology. Thank you. ^_^

Now back to Grace...

Woodtopian
actually, after re-reading most of the old comics yesterday, i'd say that elliot's parents should be on the poll...
http://www.elgoonishshive.com/story.php?0277
http://www.elgoonishshive.com/story.php?0276
http://www.elgoonishshive.com/story.php?0281