: How do you do it ?

sw0nald
How do you guys update your pages?
like what do you go thru when adding a new comic or news update

I dont think I'm doing it right. Its such a major hassle the way I do it.
to update my comic I have to goto my gallery maker, create the whole gallery with the new comic and reupload the entire folder to the ftp site.
Same with news updates, I open the main.html page in dreamweaver, write in a little update paragraph and then upload it.

There has to be an easier way. Its such a ridiculous hassle, I get sooooo aggrivated. (Hence why I haven't updated since like last month)

:(

Threeboy
for TrueNuff we use something called PHP - a scripting language that allows you to run scripts on the server that can process things.

To simply put it, we upload our comic stripts to a folder, and then the PHP script makes all the pages etc automatically for us.

Our news updating is also handled via PHP thanks to the script "ZNews (http://znews.zubaz.net)" - we basically log in, fill in a text form and hit 'submit' - sort of like a really really basic version of these forums.

Xelopheris
ZNews is PHP/MySQL Threeboy. If it were just PHP, you'd have a folder full of TXTs for each news post :p

King-of-Storms
Sw0nald, why don't you set it up, so that your latets comic goes on the end of your gallery, so you don't have to adjust two pages (or more) every time you update? It would also correct the way the arrow points, and you could even have a link on your index page pointing to the most recent comic.

sw0nald
Sw0nald, why don't you set it up, so that your latets comic goes on the end of your gallery, so you don't have to adjust two pages (or more) every time you update? It would also correct the way the arrow points, and you could even have a link on your index page pointing to the most recent comic.

thats still a hassle :(
plus, I dont think it does it like that

bahhhhhhhhhhh
>_<

King-of-Storms
thats still a hassle :(
plus, I dont think it does it like that

bahhhhhhhhhhh
>_<

Well, you could always try to set up a PHP script...

If your host allows that.

sw0nald
i can always get another host
but i dont know how to set anything up

King-of-Storms
i can always get another host
but i dont know how to set anything up

If your using the Life of Wily's php script, it shouldn't be hard to set up. It has step by step procedure within the file.

Xoom
I can help you set up the files, but i highly reccomend learning the language, if not just a little. I'm a php junkie now.

Bowser
Personally, I currently edit the latest HTML file & save it under a new name, then edit the main page & archives page. I then upload all 3 HTML files. (The JPG files are uploaded as I complete them)