: College Degrees Fast ???

lurker
[delurk]

Yes, I know, bandwidth isn't free and Dan has to eat too.

I just find it unfortunate that he has to accept ads from scammers in order to keep this site afloat.

[relurk]

showler
Dan doesn't choose the ads, Fastclick does.

DarkShive
Dan doesn't choose the ads, Fastclick does.
I can control which ones appear and which don't, though they don't check with me before making new ones show up. I was looking through the list, though, and I didn't see any ads as Lurker described

Neowulf
lurker, download Adaware (do a search on downloads.com) and run it.
You probably have Gator or some similar hijacker installed. They change what ads are displayed on web pages, and add more ads if they think there aren't enough.

showler
I can control which ones appear and which don't, though they don't check with me before making new ones show up. I was looking through the list, though, and I didn't see any ads as Lurker described

I know you can block specific ads, but they usually add them faster than the website owner can block them.

I think he was referring to the following ad. There's a whole series like this.

Major Kerina
Oh...interesting. I never knew that anything but the monthly wallpaper ad was displayed in there but then I don't hang around the site too much.

Neowulf
I just did a bunch of refreshing, and all I saw was a bunch of abuse prevention and aids awareness ads.

DarkShive
Fastclick tries to show each ad only once per visit, and when it's gone through all the ads, you either see my default ads, or ad networks ads (which don't earn me anything).

Patrick
Adaware Rocks!

[edit]
Oh by the way, if blocking the ads on the main page is preventing you from making some money, then ... well, I'll keep buying the wallpapers, that's more fun!

CRS2117
I need to buy some tacky baseball cap with Grace on it.

Cricket is more my thing though, much faster and more Pakistani's in it.