: Character Songs

martinjh99
Just listening to Queen's Hammer to Fall and thinking that this could be the ideal song for Susan...

What does every one else of for each characters ideal song???

(Major if you think this is in the worng place please can you move it where it should go thanks!)

Krieg
Tedd's song has got to be "Dude Looks Like a Lady".

CRS2117
I get the feeling Grace is a boards of canada fan.

martinjh99
DOn't know that band CRS...

Just thought of another Queen track - Friends will be friends - The whole gang!

CRS2117
www.boardsofcanada.com has a sample of their music.

Oh got for for Player
Peaches - The stranglers, and any mark morrison song.

CRS2117
Also I want to see Greg pissed one day and then in the background I can have the Dune theme composed by Toto (I know, scince when do dogs compose music?)

Inev
Tedd's song has got to be "Dude Looks Like a Lady".
That's just cruel.

Susan gets "If I Had A Million Dollars", mostly because half the stuff mentioned in the song are probably in her house, and Jeremy gets the Joel version of the Master Ninja Theme Song, just because it's such a kickass song for a kickass creature Nature never intended.

CRS2117
I like to think Jeremy''s song is the theme from AvP.

Stover
Kung-Fu Fighting for Greg, maybe?

Krieg
That's just cruel.
Well, he does. Especially during one of his 'vacations'.

Or Tedd's song could be "She Blinded Me with Science".

CRS2117
Grace:"Strange little girl - The Stranglers".

OT: This doesn't have anything to do with the forums, but waiting for someone your dying to talk to is awful, I feel like crying, except I can't so my eye's are on fire, and if Iv'e mispelt anything it's becuase I can see very well.

Emoore
Okay, so here's what I've got so far...

Nanase: the Scientist - "Atom Bomb Baby"
...ya know, with the whole magic/explosive dealy...

Tedd: Tiger Trap - "Prettiest Boy"
Along the same line of thought as "Dude Looks Like a Lady," but doesn't have the same universal recognition of the latter; take that as you will. It's a really cutesy/girly band doing it, so it almost sounds like something by Grace about Tedd, actually. The other possibility I thought of was "El Perversio," by Deadbolt. That one's just an instrumental though, and is frankly a little on the eerie side to be applied to a goombah like Tedd...

Grace: For all the cutesy twee-rock I've got... nothin'. I'm deffinitely thinking something by Go Sailor, more Tiger Trap, Talulah Gosh, Dressy Bessy, or something along those lines, but I can't nail it down to a specific song based on lyrics. Musically, "Break Your Face" by Talulah Gosh works really well, but doesn't fit Grace for obvious reasons. And "Fuzzy and Wild" by the Ventures has a great title, but has the same problem as Tedd's alternate song in that it's an instrumental that doesn't really fit her personality.

Susan: the Slits - "Typical Girls"
Fits her views lyrically, without being particularly militant. And pretty much anything by the Slits rules, anyway...

Sarah: ...ummmh... "Freak Magnet" by the Violent Femmes, maybe? Or is that more of a Susan thing?

Elliot: Maybe "After-School Thunder" by Guitar Wolf, for the whole "picking fights with jerks" deal (I'm not sure if the song's really about that, but the lyrics are completely incomprehensible and the sheet has 'em written in Japanese, so... yeah). 'Course, he says he doesn't do that much any more. Oh, and Tiger Army's "Werecat" could work for the belt-transformation scene. As for a good, all-seasons kinda theme for him, though... I'm stumped.

The other main-characters I'm stumped on even moreso. Side-characters, though...

the Goo: Brickbats - "The Blob"
...and maybe when it becomes more evil/powerful, you could have the Misfits "Green Hell" to accompany it...

Jeremy: Metallica - "The Thing That Should Not Be"
Kind of "meh" about Metallica, but the idea of having "The Thing That Should Not Be" as his theme was too funny to pass up...

Vlad: the Birthday Party - "Release the Bats"
Nothing much to explain here. A raucous, growling song with obtuse bat/vampire lyrics. Heh.

Hedge:the Birthday Party (yes, I'm allowed to use them twice; quiet you!) - "Dim Locator"
Probably more menacing-sounding than he actually deserves, but again, the title was too much to pass up.

Greg: the Dirtbombs - "Kung Fu" (Curtis Mayfeild cover)
Okay, so lyrically it doesn't really apply, but it's a cool song at any rate...

CRS2117
Liz=Skeletons of society: the "whatever, we don't exist" song.

And for Ellen when she was evil "Running Man - Bad Company"(Not the rock band that did "boys back in town", but the group associated with Nicky Blackmaret, also known as EiB) fits her well now I come to think about it, it lacks any vocals and it's a very "must go fast, very very fast" Song.

I want to fit the song "Drunken Master - Congo Natty wi Topcat" for someone, but no one really drinks or takes any drugs.

Reminds me, except for my bob the buddhist stories (which ended in a co writing joint where he and three other companions ended up on a planet of vodka with an endless supply of livers) I haven't written any stuff dealing with drug misuse.

*Reminds self to have a washing machine character with biopowder addiction*

Acanous
Lord Tedd: All your base are belong to us, by Bad_CRC.
Elliot: Headstrong. I think it's by Trapt.
Ellen: Somewhere I belong, Linkin park (This is one of MY songs as well, but it suits her almost as well as it does me...)
Hedge: Fresh Buttered Popcorn.
(Done by many, many artists over the years)
Grace: this one confuses me... I really don't know, but I'm sure Scourge has SOMETHING in his repituar that has to do with Caffene...
Susan's mom: Definately 3.14 by the BHG. very, very sexist content, rude language. search at your own risk.
Nanase: hmm.. I think that song "I'd do anything" applies... tho I can't remember who it's by... I know I'll get hammered for it and that I should propably say something by Offspring instead, but meh.

CRS2117
Id do anything for you by Meatloaf?

That vidieo was cool, he was on some Triumph. My memory is baised but wasn't it a bonneville?

AngryHamlet
Elliot: "Kick Some Ass" by Stroke 9

Ellen: once again, "Somewhere I Belong" by LP

Nanase: (this is iffy, and ill probably think o something better) "Help" by The Beatles

Grace: "Mambo" by Fredi

Justin: "Complicated" by Avril (I dont know either)

Susan: "The Girl All The Bad Guys Want" by Bowling For Soup

Tedd: "Staring at The Sun" by The Offspring (for now)

Lord Tedd OR General Shade Tail: "Dragula" by Rob Zombie

Sarah: "Call Me, Call Me"(it was in Cowboy Bebop session 24 and i dont know the artist)

thats it for now........

General Shade Tail
I don't actually know the song properly, but 'Girls Just Wanna Have Fun' sounds pretty much perfect for Grace...

And yeah, 'Girl All The Bad Guys Want' is exactly the right song for Susan! And it's a great song too...

Major Kerina
Tedd - Shania Twain - Man! I Feel Like A Woman!

I tease because I care, Tedd ^_^

General Shade Tail
Also, does anyone know that old song 'I Think We're Alone Now' by Tiffany? It just totally reminds me of Tedd and Grace, especially in the earlier comics...

Major Kerina
Aww...that's a nice song. Bubblegum but very nice ^_^

AngryHamlet
"Dragula" would also work great for Vlad, for obvious reasons

AngryHamlet
yet again, "Another One Bites the Dust" for Nanase or Susan

Inev
Grace gets the Chocarena, just because it's such a hilarious and upbeat song. Overuse of clapping, go!

General Shade Tail
Some parts of 'I'm Just A Kid' by Simple Plan remind me of the Playah, but other parts just aren't right for him at all...

'She's Got The Look' by Guttermouth, on the other hand, suits him very well...

AngryHamlet
The absolute most fitting song for The Playah:

Idiot Boyfriend", by Jimmy Fallon

no doubt about that.

General Shade Tail
I don't know that song...

The main problem with all these songs for The Playah, of course, is - who would go out with him in the first place?!

Zmoore0890
Well, if he stopped trying to pick gils up in his "signature way", then he might have a chance. But I doubt that's going to happen.
I think that some parts of "Fly By Night" by Rush fit Nanase, but for everyone else I don't know.

Inari
General Shade Tail mentioned something about the song "I think I'm alone now" for Ted and Grace.

There is a parody of this song that is perfect for Ellen... "I think I'm a clone now"

Lords of Acid "I must Increase my Bust" would also be good for Ted.

Whoever said that "Headstrong" by Trapt would be good for Elliot is completely right as far as I'm concerned.

Benjamin1986
Grace: Advice from the Animals. A silly little song for voice and guitar, where a man asks a number of animals for advice, and then tells his wife at the end. She clouts him with a broomstick.
Don't listen to creatures that live in the forest,
If animals talk to you, that would be bad,
If you get advice from the fish in the river,
It's surely a sign that you're stark raving mad

General Shade Tail
Hehehe...I actually got the mp3 of 'I Think I'm A Clone Now' before the original...that's why I got the original in the first place...

I don't know that it suits Ellen that well though...

Ivellios
Hehehe...I actually got the mp3 of 'I Think I'm A Clone Now' before the original...that's why I got the original in the first place...

I don't know that it suits Ellen that well though...
Ditto.

Elliot-Angry Young Man by Billy Joel

Inari
I Think I'm A Clone Now only suits Ellen because she's Elliot's clone/double/alternate form or what have you.

Other than that, it doesn't suit her.

Oh well, whatever.

GrimDark
I've got one for Ellen...

'Oh! Ellen', by Gob...

It's a song for both Nanase AND Ellen, if you hear the lyrics. Hehe. It's a good song too, make sure to try and find it!!

AngryHamlet
Mwahahahahah!!!!!! I AM BACK FROM THE WAR WITH THE WORM Blaster.exe Virus!!!!!!!
its good to breath free air for i am victorious! also cuz Soul Caliber Two came out. :rock:

Maroon 5's harder to breathe would work great for elliot, tedd, maybe even Hedge.

god Bless ya stacks

Major Kerina
SBC Yahoo is being clobbered by the worm I think, I get a slug-like response from their site.

General Shade Tail
*wants to hear that Gob song now but cant find an mp3...damn*

GrimDark
*wants to hear that Gob song now but cant find an mp3...damn*

Keep searching. Try spelling it differently, I'm not sure if I spelt it correctly. 'Oh! Ellen' is the one I have, but I've seen it called 'Oh, Ellen!' and stuff like that.

Really, it's a good tune, it's mainly the 'Oh Ellen' that reminds me of Ellen, but some of the lyrics make me think of Nanase's possible thoughts of Ellen...

Plus, I'll say again, it's a good song. ^-^

Ven
Lord Tedd: Megadeth - Fallen from Grace (for obvious reasons, plus the theme suits him... Kinda...)

Elliot or Nanase (or anyone with enough skillz to take these two down): Prodigy feat Tom Morello (from RATM) - One Man Army (again with the obvious reasoning... Plus I'm a mad Prodigy and RATM fan. :P)

Playah: Blink 182 - First Date (BWAH!!! REVENGE!!!)

And now, a hypothetical entry...

Tedd's MOM: Massive Attack - Antistar (cos I'm thinkin she's gotta be mysterious... Being the mother of Tedd [and possibly Lord Tedd, too... Maybe Beta as well...] and Massive Attack rocks the obligatory underwear reference)

*phew* Done for now... Not bad for a guy with a headcold, huh?

AngryHamlet
A variety of Linkin park (any of the three albums) would work great for almost any and all EGS characters. ill come up with a list ^^.

DarkShive
I'm listing these in the order that they occur to me

Vlad - hmm... "Dragula" does work pretty good for him. He is absurdly freakish, after all. I keep picturing how his first appearance is going to be when I hear track five on the soundtrack for Pirates of the Caribbean...

Susan - "Cats in the Crade" comes to mind...

Elliot - "Hero" from the Spider Man soundtrack, or "Meaning of Life" by Offspring

Damien - "Omen" theme, or Sephiroph's theme from FFVII

Grace - "Omnibus", by... um... some band... who plays music... I dunno. It's dance music, and it's in German, and it somehow says "Grace!" to me.

Ellen - Back before she came into existence, I attributed "Smooth Criminal" to her. Now that's she's done being "evil" (at least until she gets bored or something), I'm not sure what song I'd use with her. Prior to the end of Sister (but after seeing Sarah), I attributed the song "Tommorow" by Avril Lavigne to her.

Elliot and Sarah - "Relations" by Erika. Another dance song... too bad I can't dance.

Grace and Tedd - Back before Grace even reached Tedd's doorstep, I would attribute the song "Deeper and Deeper" by Madonna to these to. Then she went and kissed Brittany Spears... I'll never trust her again.

????? and ????? - Both the songs "Stay" (forget who it's by, but it's another dance one) and "Things I'll never say" by Avril Lavigne apply to these two question-mark peoples, whoever they might be.

Major Kerina
Who kissed who? What? I haven't followed the news lately *boggle*

Nifty songs, haven't heard any of them....well maybe Hero...

cow bell man
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/20030829/ts_afp/us_music_mtv_madonna_030829171341

This was what Dan was talking about.

It amazing what people will do for attention these days.

Oh I never hear of any of theis songs before. I guess I don't get out much.

General Shade Tail
'First Date' for Playah? No way.

It's all about being nervous. Something that Playah is not. He's just an idiot.

Plus, as I said before, he could never get a date in the first place.

NOW DAMN YOU DAN TELL US WHO THE ????s ARE!!!!!!

Ven
Shut up and let me dream! *pelvic thrust* Shazam!

Kitsune Grace: Jimi Hendrix - Foxy Lady (as if you didn't see that one coming...)

*note: All insults handed out are purely created in the interests of satire, so come on you bastards and laugh*

AngryHamlet
These are t3h Linkin Park songs and their albums fer t3h 3G5, characters iv3 thought up.

Reffering to Grace's relationship with her Brothers: "With You", from Hybrid Theory, or more likely, "Don't Stay", from Meteora

Ellen: "Somewhere I Belong", Meteora. Duh.

Hedge: "Lying My Way From You", Meteora

Elliot: "Faint", Meteora, or "Papercut", from Hybrid Theory

Nanase: "Breaking The Habit", Meteora, or maybe "Nobody's Listening", from Meteora also

Susan: "Session", Meteora, cuz i can hear hammers hitting things to that beat.

Tedd: "Numb", Meteora. i have no idea. or "Myself", from Hybrid Theory

Justin: "One Step Closer", Hybrid Theory. yeah. its happenin'.

Lord Tedd: "points Of Authority", Hybrid Theory

Grace, reffering to her past: "Crawling", Hybrid Theory

thats aboot it fer now.

w00t.

PS: if Vlad is gonna have "Dragula", it would increase the kick ass level if it was The Hod Rod Herman Dragula Remix from The Matrix (ya know, the background music from that gothic dance club). :rock: Yeah, Baby.

-l337m4574|-| 4n6ry

GrimDark
????? and ????? - Both the songs "Stay" (forget who it's by, but it's another dance one) and "Things I'll never say" by Avril Lavigne apply to these two question-mark peoples, whoever they might be.

You are evil, Dan. Pure, pure evil. Keeping stuff from us... Makes us wanna huuuurt you until you tell us stuff... >.>

No song for Nanase? Aww, poor Nanase... ;-;

EDIT: I must mention that if Vlad lives up to 'Swords Crossed'... Whoo, we're in for a treat.

AngryHamlet
Maybe Dan meant "Don't Stay". That would make sense. A lot of sense, when you think about the more obvious guesses as to the ? marked peoples.

GrimDark
Hmm, come to think of it, judging by the second title, the second ????? could easily be Nanase... But... Then why would Dan block out her name? Hmm. I figure it's more likely to be two people we haven't seen yet... Or haven't seen much of... But, who knows...

Ven
Got a new one.

Tedd - ! (the song formerly known as) by Regurgitator

For some reason, I just think this song fits...

Also, for Elliot or Nanase - Sich Offnen by Not From There, just cos I think the music sounds great.

And to show my evil side, Nanase and Ellen - Pure Morning by Placebo

On a roll...

Playah - What's My Age Again by Blink 182, just because I think it fits his mentality, although it doesn't really suit his 'luck'...

More, more I say...

EGS Theme - Hapiness by Regurgitator, simply because it rocks and it kinda fits the 'goonish' side of things.

Jeremy - Animal by Jebediah. Go figure.

Greg - Canned Heat by Jamaroquai, just cos it'd be a laugh to see him imitating the video clip.

Elliot and Sarah - Weir by Killing Heidi. Seeing as how they were friends to start out as, it kinda fits...

EGS Filler Theme - You Sh*t Me To Tears by The Tennants, BECAUSE WE NEED OUR EGS!!!

Lord Tedd - Every You and Every Me by Placebo. They write good songs for evil characters without lapsing into 'metal'.

Grace - Learn to Fly by Foo Fighters, because in my opinion all anthromorphs need a form with wings.

Okay, done for now. And I stress the 'for now' bit.

Zmoore0890
I only have one. It's for Grace, but it only fits at certain times. Like when she was remembering Mr. Guyur. It's "Mad World" by Gary Jules.

level5nerd
Main - What's Going On, Zebrahead
Elliot - Stayin' Alive, Bee Gees
Tedd - Aerials, System Of A Down
Sarah - Complicated, Avril Lavigne
Science Teacher - Anthem Part II, Blink 182
Principal Verruckt - 99 Luftballoons, Nena
Grace - All The Small Things, Blink 182
Mr. Verres - Warning, Incubus
Jeremy - Sounds of Silence, Paul Simon
Playah - The Spicy McHaggis Jig, Dropkick Murphys
Justin - Give Me One Good Reason, Blink 182
Nanase - I Am A Rock, Paul Simon
Greg - The Gauntlet, Dropkick Murphys
Tony - Happy Holidays You Bastard, Blink 182
Susan - Shut Up, Blink 182
Mr. Dunkel - The Torch, Dropkick Murphys
Mrs. Dunkel - American Pie, Don McLean
Ellen - Reckless Abandon, Blink 182
Hedge - Which Side Are You On, Dropkick Murphys
Uryuoms - Yellow Submarine, Beatles

DarkShive
Maybe Dan meant "Don't Stay". That would make sense. A lot of sense, when you think about the more obvious guesses as to the ? marked peoples.
No, I meant "Stay".

AngryHamlet
My mistake.

Well, i came up with some new ones:

Ellen: Maroon 5: "Harder To Breathe"

Tedd: Coldplay, "The Scientist" (Damn im good. ^^)

Dan: Gorillaz, "Clint Eastwood" (The Crazyness......)

Susan: Linkin Park, "Session"

Elliot: The opening theme from Trigun. ohhh yeah.

Nanase: SEATBELTS, "The Real Folk Blues" (shes in kind of a difficult time)

Grace:, SEATBELTS, "Tank!" (yeas, Bebop opening theme. nothin' like good jazz for some nice sugar rushing fun)

Grace&Tedd: Simple Plan: "Addicted"

EGS Theme Song: Jason Mraz, "The Remedy (I Wont Worry)"

PLEASE tell me watcha think. ^^

Ven
I've been listening to too much Bob Marley to think coheirently about other songs, so I'll just nod and agree.

"Sun is shining, the weather is sweet..."

derr
HI!!!!!!!!! first time posting hear and first posts are never good so...

anyway it is nice to be hear at the boards.

any how I got a song for the Playah: Asshole,Dennis Leary

c'mon,guess!

AngryHamlet
perfect with the asshole song.

Maybe the Playah could have (this is gonna sound redundant) "P.I.M.P." by 50 cent and snoop dog.

GuidoC
A possibility for "Depressed Ellen" (or Possibly "Depressed Nanase"):

Crestfallen (http://www.purelyrics.com/index.php?lyrics=amlarhqs) by Smashing Pumpkins

Another possibility for Ellen: Bring Me To Life (http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/evanescence/bringmetolife.html) by Evanescence (would work especially well in the fight scene with the goo.)

Tedd: I personally gotta go with Weird Science (http://www.boingo.org/lyrics/WeirdScience.html) by Oingo Boingo

Elliot: Right Now (http://www.lyricsfreak.com/v/van-halen/142896.html) by Van Halen

Grace: Happy Happy, Joy Joy (http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Theater/3085/05_lyrics/happyhappy.html) from The Ren & Stimpy Show. Just because. :D

Damien: I got a couple songs in mind for this guy, but I'm gonna wait 'till Dan introduces him.

That's about it for now.

Trouserpress
After much thought the only song I can think of which never fails to remind me of EGS is 'Knots' by Gentle Giant...

...Not that anyone will have heard it. Anyway, if you replace all the he's with she's, it makes me think of the confusing sexual mind games going on with Ellen and Nanase. I'd post the lyrics, but that wouldn't give a decent effect. It's the way they're arranged and distributed between the band members that makes it work.

derr
I got another one for the Playah: Mambo # 5, Lou Vega

listen to this song and just try to say that it doesn't fit him

derr out

gr8gtzb
I think that "Ultra Relax" by Shinohara Tamoe would be good for Grace.

I haven't seen anything about Dan though...any Ideas?

level5nerd
"Smells Like Teen Spirit" for Liz.
"Give Me One Good Reason" for Tedd

RBL_M1A2Tanker
I was thinking Elliot's song could be The Game by Disturbed. At least when he's on his serious mood.

For Dan would be Of Wolf and Man by Metallica. Although Down With the Sickness also popped into my head for him. **shrugs**

zakiller
hmm i see tedd as having "harder, faster, stronger, better" by daft punk

RBL_M1A2Tanker
hmm i see tedd as having "harder, faster, stronger, better" by daft punk
Hmmm...that does fit him. Why didn't I think of it before?? :doh:

zakiller
if anyone has seen the video you will know why i chose that

(if not download it off kazaa)

derr
for an angry Elliot I figuerd Break Stuff, Limpbizkit

Semaw
Grace and Tedd: Your love keeps lifting me higher and higher (http://www.lyricsdepot.com/jackie-wilson/your-love-keeps-lifting-me-higher-and-higher.html) - Jackie Wilson

derr
there's a song called Juggalo Homies by the Insane Clown Posse, but I don't know who it would fit.

I think it would fit Elliot

Ven
For some reason I was looking back through the history of Tedd and Grace whilst listening to a song called Hymn to the Sea... I think it fits.

And I know I might get some flak for listening to this one, but The Low Desert Punk by Kyuss and Fu Manchu for... Hmmm... Elliot and Ellen.

Any more? Lets see...

Firestarter by Prodigy for either Damien or GST. I was gonna say Lord Tedd, but his recent 'effeminity' (is that even a word? if not, I shall copyright it.) made me think twice.

Annnnnnnnnnnnd I'm thinking Atom Bomb by Fluke for the resident red haired witchy woman. Or maybe the hammer qveen. I dunno. Perhaps both.

(wow, this is turning into rant proportions...)

I'm thinking if Grace gets involved in a fight during PB, she's gonna be reluctant at first, seeing as how her 'training' with Ellen isn't going so fast... In that case, I decree that fight scene music will be nessicary, and I propose the Diva Opera Mix by Sarah Brightman from the Fifth Element soundtrack.

(as a footnote to that, why hasn't Dan drawn any blue characters with headtails? Most successful sci-fi series have them, and it wouldn't hurt if it would bring the series good luck...)

And if we have to have one more, I shall say give Lord Tedd a song by the name of Scorpion's Theme from the Mortal Kombat: Annihilation soundtrack. Sinister. Evil. Mwah. Hah. Hah.

Okay, that's a rap.

derr
This mite be a littile contraverrsal but by the way both Sarah and Grace feel right now I think that the theme to Max Payne might fit them in their current feelings.

tell me what you think.

derr out.

derr
got some more songs...

The Fight With The Omega Goo:"Down With The Sickness" Disturbed

~derr out