: Play By Email

terribleRobbo
Hello,

Russ, a friend of mine, is starting up a Play By Email Star Trek game... I was justa wondering if anybody here would be interested in 'aving a go.

http://www.exultation.cjb.net

Or, if you don't like pop-ups,

http://geocities.com/russellocarroll

Anybody willing to give it a try? :Paranoid: :D :bunny:

Kuro-chan
Sounds interesting. ^_^

In the meantime, I am assembling a crew at the KNC to fend off Cappy-Polaron's attacks against my U.S.S.Thunder Bird.

T'Jin
And Im her first officer, and why not make it a chat rpg?

Acanous
I'd be willing to join a Star Trek RP thingy...
but I have NO CLUE as to what rank I'd get... possibly an engineer of some sort. Or security officer, mebbe transporter operator? navigations officer... and moralle officer. All of these fit into my portfolio.

terribleRobbo
and why not make it a chat rpg?

Why not? Umm... For starters, one of our group is located in the UK, ie. on the other side from where we are, Australia.

Secondly, some of us are at school, and I'm at Uni, so we've got different timetables; some of us work, so we'd have to get around that...

Frankly, it's hard enough trying to organise a once-off meeting: doing it regularily would be impossible. :eek: :nervous:

but I have NO CLUE as to what rank I'd get... possibly an engineer of some sort. Or security officer, mebbe transporter operator? navigations officer... and moralle officer. All of these fit into my portfolio.

We've got quite a few spots open, though most of the 'Chief such-and-such' positions are taken already.

Basically, we need:

-- Senior Positions (eg. Lieutenant, Lt. Cmdr, Commander) --
CONN (Helm)
Science

-- Junior Positions (eg. Lt. Jnr Grade, Ensign) --
Practically anything... Security, Engineering, Medical, OPS (Operations), Conn...

Keep in mind that some of the open spots may be filled by NPCs after the game starts (eg. the Transporter operator will probably be an NPC, unless someone wants to take that post, etc).

T'Jin
Bah, Then do it by forum

terribleRobbo
Bah, Then do it by forum

We'll be fine, thanks... We'll do it our way. :rolleyes: ^_^

CappyPolaron
Kuro-chan's putting a lot of effort into preparing... I mean, I didn't realize a ship that's undergoing repairs in drydock was that much of a threat. The Firestorm's only half repaired; between the crash landing on RXJ-1856-2, and the politics of having the ship repaired by an alien species, it's a slow process. In fact, most of the crew is still on shoreleave. An Oberth-class ship could probably defeat the Firestorm in its current condition. ;)

But anyway, the Firestorm is enough for me, I don't need to add any more PBEMs to my plate. But I hope you guys have good luck with the Exultation.

terribleRobbo
But anyway, the Firestorm is enough for me, I don't need to add any more PBEMs to my plate. But I hope you guys have good luck with the Exultation.

Heck, I didn't know of its existance until Kuro-sama replied. :O_O:

Hey, that's plenty fine if you don't want to join. ^_^

CRS2117
Sounds more complex than my forum turns based game.

Ahh it was good, I spent months (IE half an hour in the pub) refinng stragegy gamging to four ships, a few planets to conquer and not much else. I forget what else happened as afterwards I was drinking whiskey, and I hate whiskey.

CappyPolaron
Sounds more complex than my forum turns based game.

Ahh it was good, I spent months (IE half an hour in the pub) refinng stragegy gamging to four ships, a few planets to conquer and not much else. I forget what else happened as afterwards I was drinking whiskey, and I hate whiskey.

I've spent months on a single storyline with the Firestorm. IE: months. :P

The Firestorm's been running for 4½ years now. There's nothing wrong with the PBeM format; just not everyone enjoys the slower pace PBeM has over PBMB ("Play By Message Board") and PBCR ("Play By Chat Room")

Acanous
*Still trying to come up with a decent charactor*
Dude, the mailing list is also a Yahoo! group... meaning you can play by post, as well...