: Why does Dan draw girls with collar bones?

CRS2117
I was in the middle of writing a story (Don't you just love creative bursts?) when I had to get up and take a piss. Whilst in the bathroom I was looking at my face wondering if I should have a shave or not when I wondered...

I have a collarbone, and so does every other male homo sapien.

So why does Dan draw only girls with Collarbones? Is this some weird artistic glitch he's aware of and he's trying to mak into the "Dan Shive trademark" (Like Herge's Tintin which had NO females in it except for one fat lady opera singer... Tintin seems to be a childhood favorite of mine for some reason...)

There's only one person who can answer this, but surely it should be in the FAQ? And why when in the middle of another lust filled story do I get this stupid distraction to plaugue me!

Grr, as much as I respect your work I knew it would come to bite me on the bum some day.

Illjwamh
I looked at today's strip, and as far as I can tell Elliot does appear to have a collar bone. The lines are just a little less defined, is all.

Emoore

...holy crap, Tintin DIDN'T have any women!!! I can't believe I never noticed that in the cartoon...

CRS2117
Oh? I never seemed to notice them before...

Strange isint it? I hope I get Dan's views on this, even thought he is a busy bee.

CRS2117
Well I never seemed to notice males having collar bones in EGS, and apart from opera singer Tintin had no women in it.

It makes me wonder if Herge was some sort of homosexual. Because in Quick et Fluke (It may not have been translated) There seem to be few women in there, except for the boy's mothers (Who are traditional mascluline flemmish Belgian type women)

Erelion
Maybe because...

Eh, I don't know. I never knew that women apparently don't have collar bones any way. This will be filed under the long list of things I don't care about.

Major Kerina
I have no clue what you're talking about...maybe you should take a closer look. The guys do have collarbones.

It has more to do with how close the cartoon camera angle is than sexuality or gender. If it's far away then Dan won't/doesn't have to draw those details. Closer and he adds them. It also seems to have a lot to do with the kind of the outfit being worn. It's as simple as that.

I don't even know how you can justify a gender thing especially with the latest shirtless comics.

Jovan
Well, collarbones are a little more defined on women... so I've heard. I haven't really noticed this however.

CRS2117
Neither have I. However it's the little details one notices after 6 shots of pastis.