: Need php for my whole site....

BraveFencer
Yeah, right now I'm in the middle of, like, a 6-month redesign of my webpage. Yeah. It's taking me a long time.

Reason being: I was supposed to get help. But then, my help had a lot of stuff come up, and he then became very unavailible. So then, using my very limited webdesing skills, I managed to throw together a half-assed, half done, but otherwise functional mock-up of how the site should work. It's veiwable at: http://www.aftergame.net/

The problem is, with the way it's made now, with the html, it needs dozens of pages, with dozens and dozens more when the actual content gets put up. Yes, the extent of my web-'programming' skills is some basic, vanilla-flavored HTML.

What I need is a system that is more automated, easier to manage, and doesn't need 800 html files. So, naturally, my mind first thought of: PHP. Because its something you see a lot of nowadays.

Anyway, down to buisness. As I've stated, I have no web programming skills outside of basic structural HTML 4.0, and VERY basic style sheets. What I need is A) knowledge of where some easy to use, easy to install, and easy to configure scripts that will suit my needs, or B) a custom made script.

The problem with the latter is.... I have no way to pay for services at the moment. I'm currently in debt, and I am trying to get more hours and a raise at my job, or, failing that, a new job. The only way to pay for the services is to advertise the person's site, but that is more of a gesture now than anything, as I get no traffic.

Anyway, the list of things I need:
A) A comic engine. Preferably capable of managing more than one comic series at a time.
B) A content manager that will keep track of the writings, stories, and artwork on the site, and keep them seperated into thier own catagories and sub-catagories.
C) A basic content manager, which will hold the site together, and deal with the 'information' pages, like 'About' and 'Links'.
D) An engine that will rotate the banner ads in both the tall and the long slots.

That is all I can think of at the moment. Any input and/or help will be greatle appreciated.

Xelopheris
A) ATP-Autosite is good, although you may have to get someone who knows PHP to install it for you, as there are a few things wrong in the latest version.
B) You're looking at using MySQL there too. Check Hotscripts (http://www.hotscripts.com/) to see if there's anything there
C) Do those in plain HTML. Unless it needs to be updated frequently, no need.
D) PHPAdsNew (http://www.phpadsnew.com). The only problem is you need a Cron on the script so that it runs a maintenance file hourly. Contact your host about that.

Also, your sig is in violation of the sig rules. Please shrink the image to less than a 500x100 size.

BraveFencer
Okay, looking through that Hotscripts site, I have no idea what they're talking about. I need pictures, examples, happy friendly stuff that tells me what the hell it does without all the words.....

Xelopheris
Click on the Home link and then look for a demo of some sorts.