: Tedd and his Taboos...

Uncannymaster
I wanted to discuss how Tedd turned out to be a pervert and how he picked up morals on the way. My guess is that he has Taboos, things he would never do no matter what.

One, I know for sure is

TedTaboo#1: Never use scientific methods to view a woman naked if she is unwilling to do so on her own.

I know I have some Taboos of own, but they're not like this, really.

Please don't kill the newbee with a stupid thread....

GrimDark
I'm a pervert with morals... We're not that uncommon, really. ^-^

Marigold
Hm... It seems he's outspokenly perverted, but he is able to stop himself. The only actual perversion he's gone through with (that we know for sure) is turning himself into a girl.

He might have turned perverted after realizing he could create whatever romantic circumstances he desired with his transformation gun.

Anyway, I think Tedd is less of a pervert than 'perverted' guys and gals I know. He's comediclly perverted, not threateningly perverted.

showler
Tedd's perversions tend to be personal...they affect him.

He avoids perversions that require sacrifice/cause problems for other people.

He's a gentleman pervert.

Uncannymaster
I'm a pervert with morals... We're not that uncommon, really. ^-^

Well, if you get down to it, we are all perverts with morals. Even me! I like breasts, and I like to look at them.

But this is about Tedd and what he won't do at the boiling point when his (stemulations) come down to it.

Still, it's amazing he hasn't seen the broad side of a hammer yet...

Uncannymaster
Well, I wanted to go into more of what he would and wounldn't do. But, I see you point and you get a cookie for it.

Marigold

Well said.

Well, if you get down to it, we are all perverts with morals.

Also well said.

Illjwamh
We're everywhere.^_^

Ijuin
Hm... It seems he's outspokenly perverted, but he is able to stop himself. The only actual perversion he's gone through with (that we know for sure) is turning himself into a girl.

Waaait a minute! Enjoying getting turned into a girl makes him perverted? :O_O:

Uncannymaster
Waaait a minute! Enjoying getting turned into a girl makes him perverted? :O_O:

Well, maybe not just that. But turning yourself into a girl, going over to a friends house and watch yourself strip in a mirror while recording it with your glasses with a direct feed to you PC, whether or not you think it's perverted...

it's weird.

well, I think I just elimenated any dought you guys had if I actualy read the comic. ^_^

<<Finds a nice bed and drops to 0 HP>>

CRS2117
I went to Dictionary.com (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=Pervert) to find out what the definition of pervert was. It didn't really help. It's most basic meaning it "to turn".

Well, In that case I don't understand. Tedd is quite a mild mannered pervert/weirdo who likes being a girl.

I personally don't see him as a pervert. The most offensive thing he could do was look at people in X-ray or thermal mode (which In some cases is a worse invasion of privacy). And even then he didn't.

Maybe it's just me (and I am most definatly a pervert, but I won't say how as that's personal) but Tedd just doesn't seem to be pervert material. He has so many opportunites to do "perverted" kinky things yet he won't.

Or maybe he does, just as it isint essential to the plot it's not mentioned ;)

Uncannymaster
I went to Dictionary.com (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=Pervert) to find out what the definition of pervert was. It didn't really help. It's most basic meaning it "to turn".

The origal use for the word pervert (verb) was to "turn" people away from what they believe in. Like you can pervert some one into thinking of such naughty things you can do with X-ray(ted) glasses.

Such as what we are doing now.

(cough)

CRS2117
However Tedd seems comfortable with what he is so he cannot be a pervert, unless he makes other do things they don't want to do. But Tedd isint manipulative.

Tedd=Not pervert.

Sigh... I guess that means I'm not a pervert either.

Ryvaken Tal`Draco
http://www.elgoonishshive.com/story.php?0322
He's a pervert.

Uncannymaster
However Tedd seems comfortable with what he is so he cannot be a pervert, unless he makes other do things they don't want to do. But Tedd isint manipulative.

The original use for pervert is not often seen as much as the modern one which is to get 'others' to think of naughty things.

Like I said, everyone's a perv.

chit!

Illjwamh
He's a pervert.
That indeed says it all.

General Shade Tail
I knew that link would show up as soon as I read the start of this thread...

I'm surprised it wasn't like the second post though...

CRS2117
I am failed in conviction that Tedd is a pervert. I'd say he was "sexually liberated".

True perversion is a disturbing thing that shouldn't be disscussed unless nessessary due to it's unpleasant nature.

Samuel
He's a pervert.

Actually, that very last panel describes me and my girlfriend PERFECTLY.

Scary, but all you have to do is make me straight and you could replace me and Tedd and not change a thing in the story O.O

Uncannymaster

I don't know weather to feel envious,

or scared :errr:

By the way, I was wondering if it is possible to change a threads name after it is created. 'Tedd and his Taboos' just doesn't seem to cut what I had in mind anymore. It makes sense if I can't, I just want to know.

General Shade Tail

Envious, definitely...

Uncannymaster

Envious, definitely...[/QUOTE]

That is not the one I put a smilely next to pal! :wave:

General Shade Tail
What?

As far as I can see, I quoted you perfectly...I certainly spent precious time and energy making sure I did...damn copy-paste doesn't work on quotes and smilies...

General Shade Tail
Your quote on the other hand...well, that didn't work very well did it? ^_^

Uncannymaster
Yes, my quote backfired and yours was perfect.
My come back also backfired.

What I wanted to say is I do not feel envious, but very VERY Scared. :errr::errr::errr::errr::errr::errr::errr::errr:

General Shade Tail
Ah, I see what you meant now. Not very clear was it? Oh well...personally I am envious of anyone with a girlfriend anything like Grace...

Uncannymaster
Ah, I see what you meant now. Not very clear was it? Oh well...personally I am envious of anyone with a girlfriend anything like Grace...

Well, that is not what I want in a girl. I want a girl that is unique, someone who will be true to herself, and perfferably someone who only has one form (like human). :kiss:

General Shade Tail
Okay, unique? Grace, definitely. Ture to herself? Ditto. But only one form, and human?!!!!! You are so boring!!!!!! :D

Samuel
Be envious...

For she has no drawbacks. She's even cool with my wandering eyes that go over nearly everyone...

General Shade Tail
...I hate you. I have never even had a girlfriend in my enitre life. There is no justice in the world, I tell you...

Uncannymaster
...I hate you. I have never even had a girlfriend in my enitre life. There is no justice in the world, I tell you...

I curently to young to worry about girlfriends, but alas, it has already come and gone with one I thought I loved and lost. Grace is unique, but I want a girl unique to HERSELF not just a comic heroine.

Okay, unique? Grace, definitely. Ture to herself? Ditto. But only one form, and human?!!!!! You are so boring!!!!!! :D

Boring? You're the first to call be boring me that, I'm as spuratic as chaos at times.

General Shade Tail
But...who could turn down a furry squirrel-girlfriend???!!

Samuel
*Ahem*

:devil:

^_^

DOn't worry, Gen Tail, there's somebody for everyone. I found that out myself...

CRS2117
A furry squirrel girl would make me reconsidier my sexuality. If I got on with her (and someone like Grace is openminded and tolerant enough that I could definatly) I'd definatly feel very attracted towards her.

CRS2117
Also GST, girl's don't measure up to a man fantasies. There difficult things.

Samuel
Mine does :smoker:

Well, my realistic fantasies.

My unrealistic fantasies pretty much are Tedds, only not so limited to one gender.

Uncannymaster
A furry squirrel girl would make me reconsidier my sexuality. If I got on with her (and someone like Grace is openminded and tolerant enough that I could definatly) I'd definatly feel very attracted towards her.

Ah nuts!

I just remembered Grace can't become pregnant when a squirrel.

That is a push in the other way for me. And if I wanted a furry for a girlfriend, I would rather have a wookie than a squirrel.

Because Wookies have Bowcasters.:jester:

Uncannymaster
Well, for the sake of being on topic all you losers think Tedd has it made sense he has a girlfriend that doesn't mind being naked, can turn into a squirrel (along with other things) and is sweet and kind with a candy addiction.

How does it make you feel?

Personaly, I am proud of Tedd doing so well.

Also, is Beta Tedd doing as well? Huh? Do we even want to know? Knowing you guys I'd say...

yes. :jester:

General Shade Tail
And if I wanted a furry for a girlfriend, I would rather have a wookie than a squirrel.

You have lost your mind!

As for getting pregnant, well, there's always her human form for that, right?

And as for 'girls don't measure up to a man's fantasies'...
Well, isn't that the point of life? To find one who does!

Oh yeah, and also to read EGS. That's important too...

Uncannymaster

You have lost your mind!

As for getting pregnant, well, there's always her human form for that, right?

I meant NOT getting a girl pregnent is good. Unless you are married, can and want to have a bab y. :scared:

Uncannymaster
Well todays comic sure stirrs up this old thread...

http://www.elgoonishshive.com/story.php?0410

Tedd, you go some splain'n to do! :jester:

Major Kerina
Actually I think it's Grace who needs to explain what's she doing there to Tedd.

CRS2117
If anything, Grace seems to be just as adventurous and kinky as Tedd, an ideal combination.

Uncannymaster
If anything, Grace seems to be just as adventurous and kinky as Tedd, an ideal combination.

Maybe Tedd has the ability to suck inocent little girls into his world of vile thinking, a.k.a. perverion.

Swarm
Peversion is relative. I don't like to think of Tedd as a pervert, despite him obviously wanting too. Then again, I don't like considering myself a pervert, despite qualifying as one in many people's interpretation of the word.

CRS2117
Maybe Tedd has the ability to suck inocent little girls into his world of vile thinking, a.k.a. perverion.

Grace isint very little. And how can you say his thoughts are vile? He's too tame for that.

Peversion is relative. I don't like to think of Tedd as a pervert, despite him obviously wanting too. Then again, I don't like considering myself a pervert, despite qualifying as one in many people's interpretation of the word.

Yay for Swarm!

*Licks*

Swarm
Now the question is: is that a perverted action? Considering it's basic friendliness, I'd say not.

Thank you for that...lick :happy:

Mark,_Lord_of
By the way, I was wondering if it is possible to change a threads name after it is created. 'Tedd and his Taboos' just doesn't seem to cut what I had in mind anymore. It makes sense if I can't, I just want to know.

The whole change of topics is your own fault for posting a thread on something that doesn't exsist. Basically Tedd won't invade privacy, and he doesn't like guys. That's not being evil, and orientation. Tedd is a man for whom Taboos do not exsist. There is no subject for this thread. Not that bunnies won't get off topic anyways.

Uncannymaster
The whole change of topics is your own fault for posting a thread on something that doesn't exsist. Basically Tedd won't invade privacy, and he doesn't like guys. That's not being evil, and orientation. Tedd is a man for whom Taboos do not exsist. There is no subject for this thread. Not that bunnies won't get off topic anyways.

I'm guessing that is a no then?

Maybe I went a little far to call Tedds thoughts vile, but there must be something to Grace sneaking into peoples laps and falling asleep.

I don't know what, maybe Dan just put it in to be funny.

Now that I think about it, it is probally to harmless really, I got the wrong impression when I saw the first comic and Grace was in Tedd's bed. Sorry to say, I assumed the worst that my perverted little mind could assume.

We all know what happens when we assume right?.... :doh:

CRS2117
Now the question is: is that a perverted action? Considering it's basic friendliness, I'd say not.

Thank you for that...lick :happy:

Nahh, It's not really that perverted because I was thinking of licking your hand or face. Just my way of saying i'm grateful your here.

Major Kerina
*borrow's Odie's tongue to lick CRS* hehe...

Swarm
Poor CRS! He's all horrible, wet and sticky now! :D

General Shade Tail
...you know you're going off-topic when a non-random thread begins to involve Garfield references and slobber.

Uncannymaster
...you know you're going off-topic when a non-random thread begins to involve Garfield references and slobber.

amen to that brother

level5nerd
I'm guessing that is a no then?

Try editing your first post.

Lithorien
First off, hello. This is my first post here and just want to say a short hi. :)

*takes thread train rails, yanks them back on topic*

Tedd doesn't seem like a pervert in the sense of the word that it's used now (semantics being as important as dictionary defination). The worst thing that he has "done", really, is to either have played around with a strip dance as a woman, OR to have videotaped Grace's transformation from Grace to Squirrel to ect; but even then we all know that Grace is fine with bearing it all in front of people, so how's that really a perversion?

It seems like Tedd is just a guy who's in touch with his sexual desires, who's lucky enough to be able to capitalize on them. But, that's as always,

Just my 2cp.

Ryvaken Tal`Draco
*hands Lithorien a dead fish*

ShadowNeko
*is fairly disturbed that Ryvaken has apperantly been carrying that dead fish around* Could always be worse...atleast you don't have dancing banana minions. You know, like those. *points in a random direction*

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

T_Drake
Tedd is as perverted on the outside as most guys are on the inside. He also has the means to realize his perversions, the lucky vucgulz.

Swarm
Agreed, although I've already said I don't regard them as perversions...

Hi there Lithorien! :wave: oh yes, Ryv certainly does have his own banana minions, which he's used several times to terrible effect...

Lithorien
Swarm, just out of curiousity, what would you consider a perversion, then?

Swarm
Well perversion can be defined as "an aberrant sexual practice that is preferred to normal intercourse", in which case Tedd (probably, it's the kind of realm that EGS understandably avoids!) is not a pervert, and neither am I, or probably most other members of this board (unless some of the Furries and the like are far more obsessed than is healthy...).

However many practices differing not only from the sexual but also the social norm are referred to as "perverted" by many people. Considering this, Tedd, and many board members suddenly become "perverts". This is because of the insular nature of many human beings who can't handle difference.

GrimDark
To be fair, although it's none of our business, Tedd MIGHT prefer sexual intercourse with, say... Feline Grace or squirrel Grace more than her human form. Just a thought. I don't think he'd have a preferance though.

So, yeah, going by the literal definition, he's not a pervert. But you gotta use SOME sorta word for all his crazy fantasises.

ShadowNeko
Ya know, I was going to come up with some witty reply, but I just can't think of a good word...curses...

edit: Oh wait, yeah I can. Good taste! Than again, that's coming from me, so probably means more of disturbing taste, but hey, atleast it's closer!

Xero1
perhaps after all this discussion we should consider tedd eccentric rather then perverted. (some of which scares me a bit too :O_o: )
i myself am a little eccentric not in that way but i'm certainly off balance when it comes to normality :hammer:
or perhaps for the sake of arguement :headshot:
the real life tedd is perverted and dan simply did not want to display such extreme perversions on his comic (considering dan talks about tedd and elliot as living creatures).
or maybe i think too much...

Tropylium
My definition for "perverted" would be "sexual behaviour
which is considered disgusting by the common opinion". That includes its relativity...
And how many characters besides Susan think Tedd is disgusting?? You can draw the conclusions yourself, too.

K. Ivan Ruppert
My definition for "perverted" would be "sexual behaviour
which is considered disgusting by the common opinion". That includes its relativity...
And how many characters besides Susan think Tedd is disgusting?? You can draw the conclusions yourself, too.

How many characters share common opinion?

I'm absolutly certain Elliot doesn't even think about what Tedd thinks is sexy anymore, and I'm pretty sure that's also the case for anyone who hangs around with him regularly(Except for Grace for obvious reasons)

-K

PRINCEofNIGHTMARES
How many characters share common opinion?

I'm absolutly certain Elliot doesn't even think about what Tedd thinks is sexy anymore, and I'm pretty sure that's also the case for anyone who hangs around with him regularly(Except for Grace for obvious reasons)

-K

Grace and Ellen share some common opinions about Tedd. lol

Harlequina
*draws in breath* Perversions can't by definition exist, because even if there is a world of eternal forms from which 'perversions' deviate, then one must still explain how it is possible to deviate in a world in which all forms are fixed; ergo, even if perversions could exist, they wouldn't. *expires*

sirpaul484
I personally think the definition of "perversion" has been blurred over the years, and what we think of is "normal" would be considered VERY perverted in 1800s standards. I personally consider myself slightly perverted because I would like to have Grace as a girlfriend, but would be afraid of what would happen if the people working for PETA find out :P

gr8gtzb
I personally consider myself slightly perverted because I would like to have Grace as a girlfriend

What part of that do you find perverted? The part that you have a crush on a comic charcater or the fact that she's part squirrel/cat/etc? Personally, I don't find it perverted at all. Then again, I guess thats just relative to your principles. But this is fantasy...who really cares? SHE'S SO CUTE!!!!!!

CRS2117
Poor CRS! He's all horrible, wet and sticky now! :D

Saliva, running water, other non corrosive liquids. There all good. Why are we even disscussing perversion?

*Edit:I refrain from elaborating as mixture of fatigue, pain, anger and drink cause me to be less than understanding or compassionate*

Kiro-Silence
Why are we even disscussing perversion?

I have no idea, It just evolved, now sit down and watch the smart people talk.

I concider myself a bit of a pervert, but everyone has a bit of a pervert inside. I mean, what guy wouldn't want to have grace as there girlfriend. I would love it!