: Hair Styling

Benjamin1986
Why is playing with girl's hair considered a homosexual trait (this is relevant because of Justin)? I mean, it doesn't seem to make sense. A straight guy would like to play with a girl's hair because it is attached to a female body, so why is it that male hairstylists are automatically thought of as gay? Some guys just like girls' hair.

Major Kerina
I never saw it as cliche trait. I saw it rather as Justin liked to mess with Nanase. :)

showler
I guess most guys like to play with the hair, but not necessarily style it.

Illjwamh
I saw it rather as Justin liked to mess with Nanase. :)

I guess most guys like to play with the hair, but not necessarily style it.
I agree with both of those statements.

Ijuin
It's part of the double standard. If a guy is caught doing anything that is considered to be a "feminine" thing, then it is assumed to be evidence of his homosexuality. With social expectations like that, it's no wonder that guys can't understand girls one bit--they're outright prohibited from learning!

General Shade Tail
Pre-cisely. How unfair.

Marigold
ANOTHER reason why I don't like feminists... heterosexual girls are allowed to act like guys as much as they want, due to feminism, but heterosexual guys can't act like girls without people thinking it's 'strange.'

There are a lot of 'stereotypical' myths that circulate about homosexuals, and I haven't found one that's true for all. Homosexuals are as different and varied as heterosexuals.

CRS2117
I am all for equailty, but maybe it's just me but I don't want to wear a skirt right now, they all look so girly.

Now if they had proper denim black skirts or leather ones that would go well with a black jacket that's another matter.

Except skirts are impratical for motobikes.

GrimDark
There are a lot of 'stereotypical' myths that circulate about homosexuals, and I haven't found one that's true for all.

I've got it!!

Fancying males!!

...What? Why is everyone looking at me like that? It's true. ^-^

Marigold
I've got it!!

Fancying males!!

...What? Why is everyone looking at me like that? It's true. ^-^

All right; all but one have been disproven... ^_^

DarkShive
Why is playing with girl's hair considered a homosexual trait (this is relevant because of Justin)? I mean, it doesn't seem to make sense. A straight guy would like to play with a girl's hair because it is attached to a female body, so why is it that male hairstylists are automatically thought of as gay? Some guys just like girls' hair.
He likes to style hair; it doesn't have anything to do with him being gay, and he wouldn't stop doing so just because some people would assume that it does.

The problem with stereotypes (beyond the oh-so obvious) is that it can leave people avoiding doing certain things they might like just so they don't "fit" the stereotype. A stereotype often attributed to males is that we like to drink beer and watch football; should I be occused of being prejudiced if I have a group of male characters who do that?

CRS2117
Yeah, but you wouldn't see me complain.

Or many people for that matter.

General Shade Tail
I am all for equailty, but maybe it's just me but I don't want to wear a skirt right now, they all look so girly.

Now if they had proper denim black skirts or leather ones that would go well with a black jacket that's another matter.

Except skirts are impratical for motobikes.

...*can't tell if you're joking, serious or both*

Major Kerina
Tis all about kilts! ^_^

General Shade Tail
Kilts are just ugly.

Or is that just the scotsmen who wear them?

Or both?

Ijuin
Beer and football? Ugh (I'm a guy BTW). Quite honestly, beer tastes like foul bitter swill to me and I have no fascination for watching a group of idiots beat each other up while chasing an oblong ball around on a field.

General Shade Tail
Beer is OK, but nothing special, and football is boring. Both American football and soccer.

Benjamin1986
I'm not complaining about you, Dan. I'm just annoyed because my mother and sisters refuse to teach me how to braid, and it's just mean.

bryan
Beer and football?

I don't drink, so beer is out. And football is OK, I'll watch it right until hockey season starts.

And I always figured people didn't want guys to wear skirts because of their legs were too hairy. Or something like that....

'Scuse me -- i have to go shave now...

General Shade Tail
You're right skirts wouldn't work on guys as well as on girls, but they wouldn't be that bad, I guess...

Just not kilts. Anything but kilts.

Marigold
No kilts? I know a guy who looks damn sexy in a kilt...

But that's just me. *shrug*

Morrighan
I'm not complaining about you, Dan. I'm just annoyed because my mother and sisters refuse to teach me how to braid, and it's just mean.

Explanation... http://www.longlocks.com/how-to-braid-hair.htm

... and a diagram ... http://www.moondancersdream.com/PBbraid.htm

& anyone who laughs at that diagram will get a hammering...

Ivellios
Kilts are just ugly.

Or is that just the scotsmen who wear them?

Or both?
Kilts are odd. Scots are nifty.

A stereotype often attributed to males is that we like to drink beer and watch football
I am male, yet hate both beer and football.

Benjamin1986
Thanks, now all I need is someone to practice on.

CRS2117
I love beer but can't stand football, be it with foot or with hand.

Ice hockey is nice, but only because the beer and the game sap my energy away so I don't have the power to change channels.

And I was serious about the skirt thing, they don't make masucline skirts. And kilt's aren't masculine, there just a piece of fancy clothing worn by wannabe scotsmen (For those Scot's who wear just the Kilt like they should you are excused because you are cool, especially in a draft)

But on a bike it's impractical as skin on leather chafes.