: this may be a stupid question but I need help

mega_gal
what site helps you make another webcomic site? I have almost 200 webcomics on my documents and It keeps getting bigger... :cry: help

Monkey
moved to website help.

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you mean. Are you asking where you can find a method of automatically archiving your comics?

goonigoogoo
Maybe she's asking about bookmarks or something. If you need an online portal you can use instead of individual files or something like that, you can get a drunk duck reader account: http://www.drunkduck.com

mega_gal
I want to know where is a site to make another site so I can finnaly get my webcmics on the internet!!!! :nervous: ehe did that make any sense?

King-of-Storms
Why not give http://tripod.com a try? They come with templates, and (last I checked) it can unzip zipped files that you upload (making it easier for you to upload those comics you've made)

But, personally, I would make the site myself, or get someone t do it (it'll look much nicer then any ol' template)

Xelopheris
You mean a host? Go with Drunkduck (http://drunkduck.com), it's completely automated. You can also sign up for keenspace (http://keenspace.com), but they take forever.

MaRiNe
There sprite comics arent they, if they are, don't post them, keep them to yourself.

Commander Keen
200? Better update daily for a while... I wouldn't just dump 'em all up there if I were you. And ignore what MaRiNe said, some of us PREFER the sprited look. Granted, there seems to be an 75% chance of it being no more than that, but I tend to give things a chance... I've found at least 10 good sprite comics out there...

Xoom
is mega_gal trying to figure out how to make a site to store her comics?

oh and, tripod? shame, shame shame.

claytonian
thats almost as bad as recommending angelfire or geocites. But then again this is a sprite comic we're talking about. (sorry commander keen)

Commander Keen
I'd say pick anything that doesn't require pop-ups or ad banners. I don't think you can get stability without paying, though. Just don't get screwed like I did. Damn waste of $300 over a year & a half... I'm on a cheaper & more reliable host now, but that $20/mo was killing me.

Clay: I don't take offense to things on-line. I don't see the difference there... Why you'd reccomend a different host to a spriter than to a drawer, but it doesn't offend me either.

mega_gal
I only get the comp for about 5 hours a day and them my mom kicks me off and I don't check this forum I check the bng forums, but wow 3 pages? allright here's the low down I made a site on anglefire (don't know if that was a good idea) I uploaded a comic but it isnt there and I'm going nuts trying to figure out how to make animated comic on flash mx *wheezes* whooo boy I have a lot of things on my hand also the site is:
anglefire.com/comics/21xx
if it's blank don't blame me I already uploaded a comic and it's not there
*wheeze's again* also how do you get a picture on your signature and yes...umm hold on...*checks my pictures* yep about 200 i'm at 171
(55 are orgin comics) and many picture's too boot plus about 5 black and white to color pictures (recolors Wheee!) alright i'll stop there before your heads hurt.... :devil: do not tick me off about this or my maverick side may just come and get you

oh and comander keen your advice is ok

samfish
just don't worry about it and go with drunk duck...thats my advice.

mega_gal
but i've read all the posts and you seem to be replying to my newest post why are you guys just going down and click on the button that says post reply?
(also embarrased an best buy worker found what he couldint in less than a dozen clicks and i'm only 13!) :tired: as for me my cat woke me at 3:00 so i'm still sleepy :ermm: also If you can tell me how to get a site layout on anglefire I'm all ears...

:lookaroun
and here are some sprite comics that I absaloutly love!!!
bobandgeorge.com #1 fav
http://fanart.lifeofwily.com/batindex.html a must see done by the creaters of 'life of wily'
fireball20xl.com and last but not least TMS2!!!! currently
sonic=goku
shadow=vegeta
tails=gohan
knuckles=krilln(only taller)
amy rose=bluma/bra
cant tell because of alan's drawing and the fact that bluma and bra looks the same oh great O.M.A if your here pleasetell the audience who is it!?!

Commander Keen
I've seen & can't stand those last two... That middle one is what ruined Life of Wily in my opinion & I'm probably going to remove them from my links area come mid-september...

On 5 hours? Get disks. Go somewhere with a comp you can use when your mom needs it. Your limit is too small to make whatever you might want... You'll end up rushing things & it'll come out all a mess that's almost, but not entirely, unlike tea. I mean unlike what you wanted...

mega_gal
could anyone tell me how to post my comics here it's a random thought but It just might work and keen...bobandgeroge is mt ultimate fav because i'm a teen who love's adult humor :O_o: I don't know what's your problem with them even though one of them is my....shutting up...

Commander Keen
I said the last 2. Bob & George was first on that list. BnG is not in the last 2. I check them daily.

Xoom
People: We have a n00b. Not just any n00b, an internet n00b.

Mega_Gal: i suggest you look through as many tutorials you can get your hands on, and start out with a good free server. Unfortunately, good free servers dont exist anymore. You might find some one willing to host you, however.

MaRiNe
It Burns And Stings

MaRiNe
BNG is fairly good as far as bad sprite comics go.

I'm friends with bowser, but that doesent mean I'd read game cheetz, sprite comics can't all be 'decent' like zelda comic or bng.

for mentioning fireball, you lost what little respect or morals that was keeping me back from saying your a fucking dime a dozen internet assfuck, please quit doing sprite comics, and go back into your old game faqs message boards or goto irc l337 chatrooms, we don't accept people lkike you even if your a girl, with big tits, and laser vision that shits ice cream!

BlurryMystr
Try reading some real, hand-drawn webcomics before you do anything else. If your only exposure to webcomics is through spriteys, then you are missing out.

I suggest starting here (http://www.pvponline.com/). And don't come back until you've read every single one. I mean it.

Bowser
PVP? meh... At least the art is very warm, friendly & welcoming unlike most of what I've seen.

Xoom
I'd like to disagree with entropy kid....I'd like to, that is. I just can't.

mega_gal
BlurryMystr and MaRiNe I would like for you to take you SOB butt's out of this what are you two? newbie insulters? :gasmask: sheesh your both clogging the air with stupidity...I read bob and george plus the roughs gallery if you don't belive me go to his tread you'll see me there and I mean it you two are now officaly marked as ASSHOLE!! please leave the room....
blurryMystr:dead:
Marine:dead:
:flaming: :mad: leave you f'ing SOB's now....

BlurryMystr
Let me think about it...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm-no.

I'm just trying to prevent yet another sprite comic from seeing the light of day. After the first fifty billion of you guys, the novelty has worn off completely.

If that makes me evil, then I gladly accept that title.

P.S. Pwease don't mark me as "ASSHOLE!!" that would make me so sad that I'd rush off to my livejournal to complain about it to all of my imaginary Internet friends.

mega_gal
imangeary friends man you really are demented little asshole.... :wstupid:

BlurryMystr
See, it was funny because I was making fun of you.

Bowser
I'd like to disagree with entropy kid....I'd like to, that is. I just can't.He'd have to post here first...

Mega: Do you have a sample page? You said you had over 200 made or something, right? If you were to attach a sample, & it was good, perhaps they might stop. If it's the same old stuff, like they guess it is, however, they'll chime in more. Or you could just add them to your ignore list like I think they did to each other... ...But I am curious to see what type of humor it is. I still always give things a chance...

mega_gal
I FINNALY GOT A WORKING SITE KISS ANGLEFIRE GOODBY!!!! good news I got some comics by stardroids.net for fillers while I get the comp to work right and one manga scan the site
http://www.freewebs.com/21xxalterd/ jsut click on the comics section and ta da terra's comics I'm still updating on the manga's
:p blurry you have been beaten!!!

King-of-Storms
Beaten? I didn't even see a decent comeback to what he said. He mocked you,a dn you took him for seriousness.

Second, he's an online fellow. AKA, someone YOU'LL never MEET, nor should even care about.

Nice site deisgn, but, the comics push the boundreis on an 1024 x 768 monitor.

Also, you should place a link to the site you found that Zero picture, otherwise, you could get in trouble for making people believe you drew that picture.

Monkey
very interesting comic. veeery interesting. I'll have to check back when you've got the others uploaded :classic:

mega_gal
Also, you should place a link to the site you found that Zero picture, otherwise, you could get in trouble for making people believe you drew that picture.

I already did it's in the links and also the drawn comic not mine monkey if you saw the bottom of it it said stardroids.net....it's one of my fave's and maybe it will encourage you to read it....

King-of-Storms
(must not get mad, must not get mad, muts not get...)

Screw it.

Use a freakin text box/baloon! It takes less then thirty seconds per comic to set it up and it makes the comic look so much better!

I mean, why not do what Daid Anez (your lord and diety) does and add a text boxes!

Xoom
He'd have to post here first...

He must've deleted it then. He posted something very profound. i swear. I remember looking at his new avatar and going "hey cool...thats a cool avatar." and then going "hey cool....i have to pee"

he probably just deleted to make me look crazy.

Overcaffeinated
Mhh.. for a moment there I thought this was the comeback of... KELYME!!!

Then I saw that the site/comic doesn't use fucsia or bright orange, so I realized this couldn't be him.

After that I saw the hand drawn comics... which are good. And the spritey. Which is horrible.

Now I don't know what to think. Are *all* of those yours, mega_gal?