: Siblings

Morrighan
Is it just me, or does the shiveverse contain more than its quota of only children?

Elliott: No siblings (til Ellen's accidental creation - & she's a duplicate rather than a proper sib)
Tedd: No siblings
Susan: No siblings
Grace: No biological siblings. Whether Guineas/Vlad/Hedge are half-sibs to her I don't know.

Of the other characters, I wouldn't like to say. I could see Sarah having younger brothers, for some reason, but as to Justin and Nanase I have no idea. Any speculations? Ideas? Inane ramblings which pass the time and achieve nothing? Place them here...

Samuel
There seems to be a trend IRL for smaller families...

Major Kerina
Susan could definately house several families.

Fallwind
you missed two:
Mr and Mrs Dunkel (http://www.elgoonishshive.com/story.php?0280)

Major Kerina
Yeah, isn't Ellen sibling enough? :( She is a "sister" after all?

Marigold
You missed Nanase, I don't believe she's got sib's...

CRS2117
Well, EGs is an idillic world where maybe the two child tax exists, the end of sister explaining how the Dunkel's wern't able to support both children kind of supports this view.

Benjamin1986
I think Dan's just being lazy and not wanting to create a whole bunch of random non-characters.

Emoore
I still maintain the possibility that Tedd and Grace are at least half-siblings.

Morrighan
I still maintain the possibility that Tedd and Grace are at least half-siblings.
You're twisted ... I like it.

Oh, and just fyi I was up til 3 AM last night reading Youthtopia, damn you. Nice comic.

On non-creation of non-characters - well, exactly, but I've just been amusing myself trying to work out which of the characters actually behave like only children (Susan, and, occasionally, Elliott), and trying to guess the siblings for each of the rest.

Justin I could see having an older sister - I mean, *someone* around him must have taught him (possibly inadvertently) how to braid hair.

Sarah, like I said before, I could imagine her having brothers, probably from the early issues when she was just hanging out with Tedd & Elliott and the way she interacted with them.

Nanase - I can't imagine. Only child?

I'm reading way too much into way too little data, arent' I?

alebann
I'm just imagining that Dan will even it all out by making Sarah the eldest of nine kids or something strange like that. It would figure that the "normal one" would have an abnormal family.

CRS2117
That's not abnormal, that's mormonic.

Morrighan
The term is 'fecund' ... <g>

General Shade Tail
I'm reading way too much into way too little data, arent' I?

On the contrary, I agree with most of what you said. It just seems to fit their characters.