: New Layout!

Glasko
Well I went ahead and made a whole new layout for my comic! I'd really like some comments and such, so feel free to check it out! Thanks- Dan
http://www.spazticplastic.com

Londo Molari
nice!

Although I havent seen your old layout, this one looks cool... I like the green theme, the drop down comic archive and the 3D graphics :D

As for your Archive section, you have screenshots from every comic :O thats gonna get tedious and huge to maintain once you get a lo of strips... assuming you update daily.

Glasko
nice!

Although I havent seen your old layout, this one looks cool... I like the green theme, the drop down comic archive and the 3D graphics

As for your Archive section, you have screenshots from every comic :O thats gonna get tedious and huge to maintain once you get a lo of strips... assuming you update daily.

The old layout is riiiggghhttt here (http://www.spazticplastic.com/olddefault.htm) if you want to check it out. (Although the page links from the main page will link to the newly designed sections, and not the old ones.)

And if you mean the wallpaper section and archives, I'm going to organize my comic into chapters. So once I finish this chapter, the wallpaper and archives will be filed and I'll start a new. It will be nice and organized.

Thanks for the comments!

The Unknown Comic
ooooooo... delicious!!

this kind of background probably wouldn't work for anybody else but someone with your kind of comic.

Your use of a single color on the background is nice, it doesn't make me want to pull my eyeballs out of their sockets.

DistAdvent
Well, I do think this resembles the previous layout (mostly from the same colors used for the same things of the site). But, I did notice some changes and I think that this is an improvement. It's great that you did that then.

Glasko
Well, I do think this resembles the previous layout (mostly from the same colors used for the same things of the site). But, I did notice some changes and I think that this is an improvement. It's great that you did that then.

Well the original layout is just a few tables, I basically cased it with graphics ;)

samfish
its definatly an improvement. no more navigation issues...not that they were to sever to begin with.

the only problem i have with it is that its so busy. the green looks good. very easy on the eyes. but you've got all these other little elements distracting me. like the banner at the top, for example. it looks good, but it draws my eye away from the comic, and, as a result, i'm not going to think much about the comic. i'll read it and then continue looking around.
you also should just have a links page. that column on the right takes up way to much space, and to be honest, i and probably everyone else and thier dog doesn't care about visiting other sites. we're at yours, and thats where we (theorhetically) want to be. why not just have a links page? if you feel theres a link that truly begs mentioning, plop it somewhere in the news update blurb.

also, i'm undecided on those navigation buttons. on the one hand, they're a bit boring. on the other hand, they help make the site less over whelming visually.
i suppose if you were to take my advice, i'd say jazz up those buttons a tad. (they're just simple HTML buttons, right? i just got XP and i know everything looks different. i just don't know if they look the same in me, 2000, 98, etc.)

Xelopheris
Post website related stuff in Website Help
*punts*

Glasko
its definatly an improvement. no more navigation issues...not that they were to sever to begin with.

the only problem i have with it is that its so busy. the green looks good. very easy on the eyes. but you've got all these other little elements distracting me. like the banner at the top, for example. it looks good, but it draws my eye away from the comic, and, as a result, i'm not going to think much about the comic. i'll read it and then continue looking around.
you also should just have a links page. that column on the right takes up way to much space, and to be honest, i and probably everyone else and thier dog doesn't care about visiting other sites. we're at yours, and thats where we (theorhetically) want to be. why not just have a links page? if you feel theres a link that truly begs mentioning, plop it somewhere in the news update blurb.

also, i'm undecided on those navigation buttons. on the one hand, they're a bit boring. on the other hand, they help make the site less over whelming visually.
i suppose if you were to take my advice, i'd say jazz up those buttons a tad. (they're just simple HTML buttons, right? i just got XP and i know everything looks different. i just don't know if they look the same in me, 2000, 98, etc.)

Yea good comments, thanks for em. I like the comment about the links. And the reason I created simple buttons actually was to make the site less visually complex.