: You can tell it's saturday when...

CRS2117
You go to www.elgoonishshive.com and there's no update.

I need a better system for telling what day it is. Maybe Dan could put a calender with BIG BOLD LETTERS saying what day it is?

Swarm
Y'know, you could try getting a calendar.

Emoore
Or when you wake up at 8 in the morning on a day when you actually can sleep in. That's how most of my Saturdays end up revealing themselves.

GrimDark
Talking of calendars, wouldn't it be nice if Dan changed the link colour of the comics on the calendar that are the first comics of a new story? The calendar is very useful for finding comics, but it's pretty much hit and miss. The filler comics are easily spotable, but it would be nice if Dan also highlighted the comics at the start of a new storyline, don't you guys think?

showler
Too much work. There is already a page that lists every story and links to the first page of the story. That should be enough.

Major Kerina
I figure you shouldn't bother hitting the homepage till Sunday evening. I get the impression Dan's going to be busy so probably no filler.

GrimDark
Too much work. There is already a page that lists every story and links to the first page of the story. That should be enough.

Too much work? Really? You serious? There's 29 storylines, I can't believe that would take long...

Honestly, there's little point of the calendar if there's the story listing. The calendar is meant to be there so you can skip to the episode you want, but if you have absolutely no idea where that episode is, then what's the point of having the calendar in the first place?

Major Kerina
Finding a specific comic quickly

GrimDark
I reiterate, how are you meant to find it quickly if you have no idea where it is in the calendar? It would be faster to just use the storylines link and click through all the comics in the storyline and find it that way. I mean, for example, I have no idea where the comic with the catnip in would be on the calendar. No idea at all. I could be clicking for ages trying to find it and failing miserably. What I do know was that it was storyline... Five or six or something like that, but I have no idea where that is cos the storylines are never set lengths. Coupled with the fact that not all months had the same amount of comics, it makes specific comic finding kinda trickay.

It would just be easier, that's all. Jeez, it was just a suggestion, I don't see how it's such an awful one. It would make things somewhat easier and I doubt it would take too much time...

showler
The main thing is that he would probably have to do it manually, since there is no automated way to do it.

Calendar is for finding comics by specific date. Story page is for finding comics by storyline. If you want to find a specific story use the story page, if you want to find a specific date use the calendar. I don't see what colouring the calendar for story start points would gain you that the story page doesn't already provide? With the story page you even know what story you are looking up, something you couldn't do on the calendar page. And if you only want to skip back through the stories, Dan even provides forward and backward buttons that link to the start of the stories.

GrimDark
Eh, it was just a thought... I mean, I've given up on the calendar cos I never have any idea of where the comics are on there (except the April Fools comics), I just figured that having the little additon of 29 little markers to show where the storylines start would make it easier for navigate the calendar, that's all.

General Shade Tail
I just use the calendar if I want to find stuff like, I think one of Dan's birthday comics referred to the previous birthday comic or something, it's useful for little stuff like that, but apart from that, it's no good. It would be better if it was updated more thanat the end of the month, then I could just use it to do stuff like go back to the date I want if I've missed it for a few days and don't want to click back through the comics or anything. But it's really not that useful generally.

Major Kerina
Why not try saving them on your hard drive for easy reference? That way, just go by the calender, do a bit of back and forward and retitle them to their date (is what I did and after a while you figure it out)

It helped though to live through the posting of them since at the time you see them there's marker events that help you remember where they are...like Sister VIII around the new year till the end of Feb with a Sketch filler....then March (Flipping Cardboard and Lady)...April Fools...Squirrels..and Lunch in April leading into very happy May which starts the Crew Trilogy

Bathe
You can tell its saturday when:
The bunnies begin to argue if it is saturday or not and how it would be a good or bad idea for dan to revamp his site for it.

CRS2117
Yeah, He does need to put a big date indicator on the site. Maybe a little java app that tell's the time and automatically adjusts to your region.