: About Grace while transformed...

GrimDark
Now, you can smash me with a hammer for this topic all you want, fair enough, but I actually mean it as a serious question. Kinda silly, involving seriousness with El Goonish, but hey, the comic has it's own little reality that has laws of SOME kind governing it, even if they're not too tricky to break...

Uh... Anyway, what was I saying? Gah, went off on a tangeant. Ah, well, I've thought about this before, specifically when I first read the comic when Grace used her Jeremy form and when Greg dashed into the house. Now... Dan makes it clear (and we can clearly see) that the fur is covering up Grace quite soundly. Being a big furry fan (note avatar), I realise there are many artist interpretations of furry characters, and Dan has a specific one. Now, of course there's the whole issue of taste, which I'm sure we all applaude (except some of the more perverted people out there reading this...), but is this simply an artistic trait, meaning that all furries Dan drew would be in this way, or would Dan have to keep cloths on to keep the taste for possibly different characters? Is this only limited to our favourite weresquirrel? Could it possibly be different for different forms? I mean, you get many different varieties of cats, for example, some with tons of fur, others with little.

Maybe I'm looking too deep. I'm sure one of the most important reasons is simply so Dan doesn't have to keep putting stuff in the way of Grace's chest during every comic. ^-^

I'm blabbering like a nut and I'm guessing there really isn't that much topic in this... Uh, topic, but hey, I'm bored and I'd like to see everyone's opinions on the 'fur coat' issue. Personally I think it's a good thing. Furries look fine with cloths, but there's something missing. That bit missing can only be shown when they're at least somewhat naked, and if they're gonna be naked, I'd rather they'd be tastefully naked, thank you very much. ^-^

I noticed that Dan has always kept his own avatar covered up when female, despite the fur coat thing, most noticeable in the Q&A comics a short while back. Which is fair enough, although I did have to wonder if maybe Dan's fur isn't quite so good at covering stuff up, hmm?

...I'll shut up now.

Marigold
You know, I thought that animals didn't grow hair over their nipples, but I let it go - partially because it doesn't matter to me as long as there's no *actual* nudity, just fur.

Also, when Grace is or isn't wearing clothes, it is traceable. Like, when she turned to squirell form to avoid Greg, her clothes would have been too big and fallen off. Since Grace isn't modest, it follows that she wouldn't immediately think to put clothes back on.

The fur cover-up is probably just Dan's way of keeping in good taste.

DarkShive
You know, I thought that animals didn't grow hair over their nipples, but I let it go - partially because it doesn't matter to me as long as there's no *actual* nudity, just fur.

Also, when Grace is or isn't wearing clothes, it is traceable. Like, when she turned to squirell form to avoid Greg, her clothes would have been too big and fallen off. Since Grace isn't modest, it follows that she wouldn't immediately think to put clothes back on.

The fur cover-up is probably just Dan's way of keeping in good taste.
that is correct, sir! or ma'am... hamster with flower? It does have to do with the fact that I wanna be able to show Grace in the nude without her being "legally" nude. It's kinda necessary given her personality combined with her abilities.

GrimDark
Bingo!! Yeah, I figured it was something to do with that... So, does that mean that other squirrel girls, like... Well, your avatar, Dan, would have to keep cloths on to remain tasteful?

...Or would you just rather your avatar kept cloths on anyway? ^-^ That sounds more likely, lol.

And... Marigold... Hampster with flower, yes, that's probably more accurate than sir or ma'am... XP Hehe.

I'm in such a weird mood.

Adama
Someone may be a little *too* interested in Dan's female avatar... ;)

Major Kerina
That's right. Why not topless Squirrel Girl Dan? She is furry after all.

General Shade Tail
*grinz* Squirrel-girl Dan is so cute, we have to see her topless at some point...

Bathe
Uhhh... I... No... What i mean is....
Aw crud. There is no way i can post here without geting hammered into oblivion...

CRS2117
Want me to say it for you? I like concussions, I really do.

I thought it was self explanitory, sometimes you don't want to draw nudity, but in the case of Grace who doesn't have a problem with it the fur is a good comprimise.