: Forum Status

Ryvaken Tal`Draco
What the hell has been going on the past 24 hours?

KungFuHamster
The SQL database used by the vBulletin forums seems to have taken a crap. Possibly a sign to move the forums somewhere else?

GrimDark
The whole of TWCs seemed to go dead. Still is partly dead, the forums are alive again though. And it's been longer than 24 hours, believe me... I was around when it first happened. There was a stage when it seemed like they were reloading the entire website.

Kizor
Serious technical trouble, apparently, with the whole site.
I'm afraid I shall have to go tasteless and quote Deneb:
<Deneb> The forum's acting like a crazed sex fiend lately... it's always going up and down and up and down and it's screwing us all.

Ryvaken Tal`Draco
The whole of TWCs seemed to go dead. Still is partly dead, the forums are alive again though. And it's been longer than 24 hours, believe me... I was around when it first happened. There was a stage when it seemed like they were reloading the entire website.
Take a look at the date of postage. I slipped this through during one of the 'up' periods.

KungFuHamster
Maybe Dan should consider switching to a different forum setup...

Ryvaken Tal`Draco
I can see the RPers whiplash if we change the forums.

J-Kitty
I don't know whats going on but i hope they fix it soon

cow bell man
After two days of "we have a problem with the data base". Its finaly up and runing for me.

Did the forums work for you guys in the past two days?

Benjamin1986
No, nothing.

I've not been able to get on the forums at all since Sunday. The voting system and the site proper is still trashed.

patchwork cat
Unless this is likely to happen a LOT, and I don't suspect that it is- well I can't think of anywhere to go that would be as reliable, unless we all meet in some interdimensional café of something.....

The internet is one giant snafu-hah! :hammer:

Emoore
Well, moving to Keenspot may mean a spot on the Keenspot boards anyway; I mean, I dunno if that's required, or anything, but maybe they really care about consistency.

Swarm
Let's hope this current uptime isn't just temporary...

Semaw
On a slight side-note, NightStar forums (used by a couple of other comics I read) is also down. I've spent the last couple of days being able to read my fav comics without the ability to speculate on them!

level5nerd
Jtc

Ryvaken Tal`Draco
The forum server people need to be forced to fight to the death, then we kill the winner.