: New Guides for Keenspot

DarkShive
They probably won't be complete at domain-name transfer time, but I'm working on making the following guides for the site.

- Basic Character pages: Contain little to no spoilers, including a non-spoiler character image. For example, Ellen's description would simply be "female version of Elliot", and the image would be of Ellen with her old hair style, and in Elliot's clothes.

- Spoiler Character pages: Detailed character pages that contain spoilers IF you haven't read through the archives (if you have, then there aren't really any spoilers).

- Storyline Guide: Lists all the named charaters (real name or title, such as Liz or Playah) present in a storyline, gives a basic summary, and supplies notes regarding important and/or interesting things that have happened, and/or facts that are established based on the storyline.

- EGS Mythology Guide: Detailed guide regarding things such as the Uryuoms, the TF Gun, the Fairy Doll spell, the Dewitchery Diamond, etc.

All this could take me a while, but these are the planned guides. Does anybody have any comments/suggestions?

Ryvaken Tal`Draco
Thou art too generous, mi'lord.

Morrighan
This all sound marvellous.

Concerning the spoiler thing ... for those who haven't read the archive, any entry at all about Ellen is a spoiler, unfortunately

DarkShive
Concerning the spoiler thing ... for those who haven't read the archive, any entry at all about Ellen is a spoiler, unfortunatelyThe goal with Ellen's basic entry would be to give the illusion that the entry is merely an alternate female entry for Elliot, and not one for a completely different character. I'm hoping that at least some of the new readers will ask "why is he bothering with this? he must be foolish" rather than "so there's a seperate female elliot now?". In any case, there'll be a lack of clarity to it, so the spoiler-ism will be minimized.

General Shade Tail
yay-yay-yay!

*luv's character bios and any other type of guide*

Whoa! That sounds great! If your should need help for gathering all the information or episode references for the Storyline Guide, we bunnies stand ready... :D

showler
The goal with Ellen's basic entry would be to give the illusion that the entry is merely an alternate female entry for Elliot, and not one for a completely different character. I'm hoping that at least some of the new readers will ask "why is he bothering with this? he must be foolish" rather than "so there's a seperate female elliot now?". In any case, there'll be a lack of clarity to it, so the spoiler-ism will be minimized.

You could stealth the Ellen entry if you included basic entries for some of the real non-characters: Claire, Female-Tedd, Female-Justin, Alternate-Elliot Ellen, etc. Then the Ellen entry wouldn't really stand out.

Benjamin1986
Showler has a good point, you should at least mention Claire with a pucture as "one of the products of Tedd's lab/gun" (though this is more because Grace spends large amounts of time as Claire, and you don't want to confuse people).

DarkShive
Claire's a good idea... I don't plot to have a femm-Tedd profile, though, the logic being that the Ellen-profile would be there due to the focus on Elliot in sister. That's a minor spoiler, yes, but it's nothing compared to revealing that Ellen becomes a totally different person.

I plan to have alternate images for the spoiler profiles, but not for every last supporting cast member. The reason for this is just the amount of work involved.

PS - I drew the image for the basic Ellen profile earlier-- it gives the illusion of a very disturbed female Elliot looking down his(her) shirt.

spc mango
the mythology guide would be neat to browse through.

and inquiring minds must know: what of the creepy rat thing that probally won't make the character chart? is he doomed to obscurity? *angst, angst, angst*

patchwork cat
Er.. don't mean to be totally pedantic (well, maybe I do) :twitch: but shouldn't this thread have a spoiler notice? I expect bunnies might come here before reading 'sister'??

level5nerd
But don't most webcomic fans read through the archives before they spec?

I mean, with, say, Sluggy, I can see why one wouldn't, but this strip is relatively new...

Strapp1969
Well, speaking from personal experience, I read through an entire archive before going to the boards. That way I don't accidently read any spoilers.

OH, and Hello! Im new here!

Ryvaken Tal`Draco
*hands Strapp a dead fish*

IHateUsernames
*hands Strapp a dead fish*
Why didnt i get a dead fish when i made my first post?

Looking forward to the new archives

EvilElf
This seems really cool. :)
Can't wait to read the Bios. Bios are always interesting. :)

DarkShive
I'm hoping I'll have time to have at least some of the basic guides up over the weekend-- I have the drawings for the basic Ellen and Tedd so far (along with the spoiler Ellen). I like the basic Ellen image-- she really does look like she's Elliot immedietly post-transformation (though she looks much more disturbed than she does angry, which is contrary to when Elliot was tf'd in Sister).

Ryvaken Tal`Draco
Disturbing is always good.

T_Drake
Will the lesser characters (Playah, Liz, Goo, etc.) have profiles?

Benjamin1986
May I politely point out that I prefered the old method of numbering the comics(by comic number). That made reference easier, and you could skip twenty comics ahead without having to bother with a calendar.

Deepfreeze
May I politely point out that I prefered the old method of numbering the comics(by comic number). That made reference easier, and you could skip twenty comics ahead without having to bother with a calendar.

I don't think it's possible if your hosted on keenspot. But I'm not certain. But I do like the old numbering, myself.

Also, character profiles are always nice, every webcomic should have one. The mythology section also sounds very very awesome.

Ryvaken Tal`Draco
Searching fillers just got a lot harder.

Not that that's a major issue under any circumstance.

Trouserpress
I must say the new character bios and mythology section sound positively mouth-watering. I await them with pronounced verisimilitude. I do hope the Demonic Duck gets a mention.

level5nerd
You need a search.

DarkShive
These are some of the images I've made for profies, namely the Ellen basic profile, the Ellen spoiler profile, and the Tedd basic profile

Ryvaken Tal`Draco
Have you always drawn legs like that? They seem a tad long.

Streak Hedgecat
I agree, just a tad...

genome108
Hee hee, I do love Tedd's sign! :lol:

Ryvaken Tal`Draco
The drop-down storyline guide seems to be taking the day off. Keeps returning no-server errors.

patchwork cat
For someone who turns into a female for the heck of it, methinks Tedd's sign protests too much. :classic:

Orochi
I can't wait for the bios and mythology pages to be up. They sound awesome.

And if you're trying not to give away too much about how Ellen became a seperate person from Elliot, I'd take away the part where you mention that on the Store page ;)

DarkShive
oh, like people are gonna go buy stuff before reading the archives :bunny: that's my theory, anyhow

GrimDark
These are some of the images I've made for profies, namely the Ellen basic profile, the Ellen spoiler profile, and the Tedd basic profile

Haven't we seen that Ellen picture before? The Tedd picture is funny... And the Elliot as Ellen picture? Cute cute cute cute cute!! *Loves Ellen, by the way*

I don't think the legs look particularly long, it's just because we don't often see the characters legs that you think that. I think they look nice.

Kspaz
I don't think it's possible if your hosted on keenspot. But I'm not certain. But I do like the old numbering, myself.

Also, character profiles are always nice, every webcomic should have one. The mythology section also sounds very very awesome.

Me personally I miss the ability to view a weeks worth of comics at a time. It made it easier for me to browse the archives.