: Not exactly a website question, but...

Danno
Out of desperation, I'll ask a question regarding Internet Explorer here. My address bar no longer logs the recently viewed sites, so I have to either retype every address or bookmark everything. I have no idea what greivance I commited against my browser to cause this, but as usual the "Help" has been useless, and "Restore Defaults" did nothing so... I'm stumped.

Jim North
How long is your IE set to keep recently viewed pages in the history folder?

Um, just on the off chance you don't know how to check that, by the by, go to Tools, then Internet Options, and under the general tag there'll be a section marked "History". If it's set to zero, it won't remember anything past twenty-four hours.

And if that's not your problem, then I don't have a clue . . . hopefully someone else can help you in that case.

Danno
How long is your IE set to keep recently viewed pages in the history folder?

Um, just on the off chance you don't know how to check that, by the by, go to Tools, then Internet Options, and under the general tag there'll be a section marked "History". If it's set to zero, it won't remember anything past twenty-four hours.

And if that's not your problem, then I don't have a clue . . . hopefully someone else can help you in that case.
It's supposedly keeping 'em for 20 days, except that it's not. :Puzzled:
I'm worried that some critical file may be damaged or deleted, since the browser seems to think everything's in order.

Monkey
re-download/install it?

ADark43
It's supposedly keeping 'em for 20 days, except that it's not. :Puzzled:
I'm worried that some critical file may be damaged or deleted, since the browser seems to think everything's in order.

I'd re-install the whole thing, like Monkey said. It couldn't take that long, right? :normal:

Danno
Looks like that's what it'll come down to. I was hoping there was some other solution, remembering how long IE took to download last time, shudder. But I guess that's what it takes.

skoolmunkee
Turn your AutoComplete back on.

Tools -> Internet Options -> Content (tab) -> AutoComplete (button)

Checkmark the "Web Addresses" box. click OK.

Danno
Turn your AutoComplete back on.

Tools -> Internet Options -> Content (tab) -> AutoComplete (button)

Checkmark the "Web Addresses" box. click OK.
That didn't work either, but thanks anyway. Guess reinstallation it is.

skoolmunkee
That didn't work either, but thanks anyway. Guess reinstallation it is.

I guess so... but that is what AutoComplete does. It won't work if you've cleared your History recently, though.

I pulled this outta their help index:

To enter Web information more easily

The AutoComplete feature saves previous entries you've made for Web addresses, forms, and passwords. Then, when you type information in one of these fields, AutoComplete suggests possible matches. These matches can include folder and program names you type into the Address bar, and search queries, stock quotes, or information for just about any other field you fill in on a Web page.

In the Address bar, a field on a Web page, or a box for a user name or password, start typing the information.
If you've typed a similar entry before, AutoComplete lists possible matches as you type.

If a suggestion in the list matches what you want to enter in that field, click the suggestion.
If no suggestion matches what you are typing, continue typing.

so if that isn't working... *shrug* sorry. :) Reinstalling sucks.