: The Brits redesign

Spacer
the moment you've all been waiting for, i'm sure ;)

http://spacer1.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/thebrits/mockeryery.jpg

the comic would go in the middle, under where it says "the brits", and the news underneath that, and there would be links/navigation under links/menu respectively
tell me what you think!

Fluffy-Phil
I think it looks shiny and new. What are the button-looking things for on the sides?

Spacer
erm, probably nothing at all.
they're just there to look shiny and new.
and perhaps some people will click them franticly then complain that none of my links work

Fluffy-Phil
:lol:
Maybe. Well I think if they've got no purpose, they should die, right now! Meh.

King-of-Storms
Design is nice...

I have a comment, whetehr or not it's valid or not depends on how it looks when finished (links, buttons, and so forth), which is probably what you should of done before asking for any comments.

However, I have a negative comments...

First, I hope the site design is going to be 800x600 compatable (roughly 1 in 4 readers use this setting), because, the picture itself isn't deisgned for anyone using 1024x768.

Second, if those "buttons" aren't going to be used for navagatio or divider purposes, I reccomond losing them, or placing them lower on the page. Leaving them where they are to look pretty is going to hurt the site in the way of navagtion, just to add a bit of "prettiness" to it (which a reader is not going to realize if it's not there, if you don't show it). Remember: keep the further away the navagtion is from the back button (the most used internet browser button), the more of a turn off the site is.

Also, the created thing in the left is suffering from some mad galre effects (which was probably on purpose), and its a bit hard to read (it looks more like "Cheated by",a dn Peter is almost impossible to read (it's too squished)

Spacer
First, I hope the site design is going to be 800x600 compatable (roughly 1 in 4 readers use this setting), because, the picture itself isn't deisgned for anyone using 1024x768.
Also, the created thing in the left is suffering from some mad galre effects (which was probably on purpose), and its a bit hard to read (it looks more like "Cheated by",a dn Peter is almost impossible to read (it's too squished)

hmm, i dont really want to resize it, i mean, its small enough already (the detail parts that is) and i've tried resizing it, and it looks AWFUL!
so i'll either have to redo (weeps) or leave it :/

Fluffy-Phil
I think you should probably redo it then, rather than just leave it, but then that's just me.

King-of-Storms
hmm, i dont really want to resize it, i mean, its small enough already (the detail parts that is) and i've tried resizing it, and it looks AWFUL!
so i'll either have to redo (weeps) or leave it :/

Well, I'm sorry, but you ask for a review and I don't hold back. But you probably should redo it. Or, you could try shrinking down the content area, so that it can fit everything horizontally on one screen length.

BTW, next time you do a site deisgn, try finding the amount of space you have on a 800x600 resoultion (if your going for a graphic intense site). Then, make a white space and place it on the top layer of your design, use it as an 800x600 preview, and try to get everything to fit in it.