: YAY! Keenspot Main Page

DarkShive
if you go to keenspot (http://www.keenspot.com), Tedd's mug is on the main page. yee-da-lee-yay!

cow bell man
Yay. We have arrived. ^_^

ShurizenVenra
Woah that was quick those guys must love EGS huh?But then again anyone who doesn't is a loser.

Ryvaken Tal`Draco
Um, still no EGS on the drop down, chief.

thecapedcaper
Congrats on the Keenspot thingy, Dan! I think you'll find it more enjoyable than the old fashioned do-it-yourself kinda thing. And you can go wrong for free.

CnCmaster4life
good for you... but i'm a bit curous do gain ne thing else other than more people visiting EGS???? (yay i get a 4-day weekend w/o band rehearsal thx to hurricane isibelle)

bunnyThor
good for you... but i'm a bit curous do gain ne thing else other than more people visiting EGS???? (yay i get a 4-day weekend w/o band rehearsal thx to hurricane isibelle)

More people is better than less people, I do not doubt. Also, now that he's on Keenspot, the more views that his mainpage gets, the larger percentage of the Keen ad revenues he gets. Not too long ago, this would have been diddley-squat, but since the web ad market is slowly recovering from the great dot-com crash, he actually now stands to make a little pocket money.

And you know what would help bring in more readers? Becoming more integrated with the larger Keenspot community. And one good way to do that? Make sure that he has a Keenspot forum.

I've seen some people here griping about the "notorius" Keenspot forums, but really it is a great way to get a whole new set of readers fast. In Keenspot, people usually read multiple Keen comics. (Easy to do with the drop down menu at top.) The more committed fans (those more likely to buy secondary merchandise like t-shirts or paperback strip collections) are also more likely to post in the forums. (It is also easy to jump from forum to forum with a different drop down menu.) People usually relate what happens in one of their favorite comics to whats happening in another, creating favorable buzz. Having a Keen Forum presence acts as a buzz conduit.

And just to forestall any protests, I am *not* suggesting that this board be abandoned. Many Keen comics have two boards (good insurance in case one temporarily crashes). I think maintaining two boards, both containing what will be two very different groups of fans (with a few flitting between) can only help the bunny population grow without all the noise and waste that comes from overpopulating a forum.

Please, Mr. Dan Shive comic person, I beseech you to open yourself to this opportunity and to request that your Keen board be instituted post haste!

DarkShive
I'll bug Gav about it, but I worry that asking for too much from him all at once will make him explode :bunny:

showler
Good lord, that would be a Nukee-lar explosion.

BraveFencer
First of, congrats on the swanky new locale. Anyways....

Um, still no EGS on the drop down, chief.

And I wouldn't expect to see it in the dropdown for a while. It's updated very seldomly. It doesn't have Adventurers! or Road Waffles in it either, and those have been around for a couple of months.

For some reason I cannot load the Keenspot main page. Could someone here perhaps post a screenshot? :(

Prince Karo
For some reason I cannot load the Keenspot main page. Could someone here perhaps post a screenshot? :(
I'm having that same problem....

genome108
Eh, that seems to happen for about an hour every few days. It's nothing abnormal.

PRINCEofNIGHTMARES
Congrats Dan!

However I'm haveing problems viewing your keenspot page and the keenspot main page. Both at home on my cruddy 56k and at work on out network. Just thought I'd gripe for a while. lol

level5nerd
First of, congrats on the swanky new locale. Anyways....

And I wouldn't expect to see it in the dropdown for a while. It's updated very seldomly. It doesn't have Adventurers! or Road Waffles in it either, and those have been around for a couple of months.

It has BmB, and that was a Keenspace comic until fairly recently...

Ryvaken Tal`Draco
Eh, that seems to happen for about an hour every few days. It's nothing abnormal.
Remind me then why Keenspot is so desired?

FuzzyGamersINC
Congrats Dan!

DarkShive
this problem should go away with the new servers.

T'Renn
Remind me then why Keenspot is so desired?

Two words: Free Hosting.

Also, if your comic actually does well, you can once again make a little cash off your share of the advertising revenue. Now that there is advertising revenue again. :rolleyes:

BraveFencer
It has BmB, and that was a Keenspace comic until fairly recently...

Okay, it also has Anti-hero for hire, which is also fairly new, but, the thing is, its still updated very seldomly. I guess its a bitch to update or something, because I've ALWAYS noticed this problem, ever since I've been reading KeenSpot comics (about 3 years or so now).

T'Renn
I think the problem is that messing around with the dropdown runs the risk of screwing up every single page Autokeen generates every day. Which means that Gav probably waits to mess around with it on a weekend (since much fewer comics update on Saturday than any other day) when Gav has some free time.

Of course, since this requires a weekend day when Gav has free time, it puts him in the unpleasant position of having to pick between working on Keenspot, or going to Blake's for a Guinness. That's rather a difficult choice. :cheers: :D

Ryvaken Tal`Draco
Two words: Free Hosting.

Also, if your comic actually does well, you can once again make a little cash off your share of the advertising revenue. Now that there is advertising revenue again. :rolleyes:
Ok, money is good.

stupidity
Some of the older filler comics are no longer on-line?

I remember seeing an early one where Grace is on a unicycle while juggling 3 balls. It's no longer online.

Ryvaken Tal`Draco
Some of the older filler comics are no longer on-line?

I remember seeing an early one where Grace is on a unicycle while juggling 3 balls. It's no longer online.
WHAT!?

NOOOOOO!! *begins crying*

showler
Technically, that wasn't a filler comic. It was an emergency comic that Dan had on his "kinda-sorta-behind-the-scenes-and-other-stuff-page". I don't know where it went though.

Ryvaken Tal`Draco
It fit the description of filler, and was damn funny to boot.

GrimDark
I'm gonna reiterate that NOOOO!! Dan, what's up with yoooou? I hope you just forgot, becuase you do NOT just take away a comic like that... >.< That was technically Grace's first appearance!! Or something noteworthy anyway. I dunno but it was cool, and it was funny too.

T'Renn
Deep breaths, deep breaths... Calm down....

I suspect it's not gone forever, it's just MIA until Dan finishes the Keenspot site's auxilliary pages.

Give it a couple of weeks before you assume the worst. :)

stupidity
I never understood taking deep breaths to help control emotions. It always seems that the guy saying "take a deep breath" is forgetting to add "and use it to scream loudly."

BraveFencer
Any idea when you get to place a little advertisment in that swanky Keenspot News Box, prominantly displayed on all keenspot pages?

BraveFencer
By the by, it does appear theat EGS is now in the Keenspace dropdown. Quite groovy.

DarkShive
Cool, they bothered to put me in the dropdown! Yay!

Oh, and I plot to put those "extra" comics on the site as extras accessable through the site map. Note that I'm a bit behind on the site extras, so they aren't there yet, but they should be before week's end (assuming I remember)

Oh, and apparently, I have more readers than I realized; I had over 6,000 unique IP addresses visit my site yesterday. Granted, Unique addresses does not equal number of readers, as multiple people can be one IP address when on a network, and one person can be multiple through dial-up, but still, that's a lot more than I expected. If you want evidence of lack of accuracy, I've had 21,924 unique ip addresses visit this month; I sincerly doubt I have that many readers just yet.
:cheers: