: Stargate SG1 runs from the beginning, starts in 30 min

Lindley
Just a heads-up: Stargate SG-1, the series based on the movie Stargate and starring Richard Dean Anderson (AKA MacGuyver), will be running from the beginning on Scifi starting in 30 minutes.

4 episodes every Monday, 7pm-11pm. Do not watch the 6pm episode; that's from season 4.

Its a great series, really maximizes the potential of the movie its based on. The movie is recapped in the pilot if you haven't seen it.

IMO, SG1 holds truer to the spirit of the original Star Trek than either of the two most recent shows bearing the Star Trek name.

Ryvaken Tal`Draco
They're resetting again? Good, I won't miss anything next week.

You compared StarGate to StarTrek? Remind me to kill you later.

Lindley
Old-style Trek. Not the crap that passes for Trek these days.

Ryvaken Tal`Draco
My point stands. Trek -- all Trek -- blows apart the laws of physics and common sense. It's litterally invention writing. StarGate is much more realistic.

Lindley
True enough. Trek has always been more Science Fantasy than Science Fiction. A bit more "real" than Star Wars, but not overly so. Doesn't bother me either way.

I was referring to the storytelling, not the tech.

Tech-wise, the only SF TV shows which even come close to being scientifically accurate are SG1 and Babylon 5.

EDIT: Although I feel compelled to add, not even SG1 has treated space properly, as a silent medium. Only Firefly has dared to actually make space silent. Now *there* was a great show, killed before its time.....at least there's a movie coming.