: ISBN number?

Ronson
[feel free to move this thread if it should be somewhere else, but I am trying to ask experienced cartoonists this question]

For those of you who have printed your comics on paper...

Does anyone know how how to get an ISBN number, and how much it costs?

I'm trying to print up a "Gods of Arr-Kelaan" book, and am thinking about adding it if it doesn't cost too much. Every site I've googled just leaves me confused, so I was hoping someone could give me a quick run through of what I need to do.

samfish
as i recall, the fellow who does asylumantics, chrisc, got one for his book. maybe you could PM him if he doesn't see this thread or something?

other then that, i don't know tits about ISBN numbers. maybe someday i'll publish my stuff, but probably not for a few more years atLEAST.

Chris C.
I'm not sure what the standard is but for comparison the distribution / ISBN plan I have ran me around $100. That got me listed in Books In Print and made my title available in bookstore catalogs worldwide so I guess it was a fair trade. ;)

Ronson
I've found a little bit more about it. The only place that sells them online that I can find charges $225 for 10 ISBN numbers. Plus a service fee.

I only need one. Anyone got a spare? :)

Chris C.
I've found a little bit more about it. The only place that sells them online that I can find charges $225 for 10 ISBN numbers. Plus a service fee.

I only need one. Anyone got a spare? :)

That's right, I forgot there is only one place in the U.S. that sells them and you have to buy a block. However, if you live in Canada they are free I hear.