: Comic ends Nov. 7

The Unknown Comic
I just wanted to announce that my comic, Blue Moon, will be ending on the 7th of November. As a token of my appreciation to the fans of Blue Moon, I have made a final wallpaper, located here (http://www.bluemooncomic.com/wallpaper.html).

I have also decided that since the story gets a little more intense and winds its way to a dramatic ending, I would increase the updates to an insane 7 days a week. Yes, starting Monday (October 13th) you will be able to read Blue Moon everyday until the 7th of November when the comic will come to an exciting conclusion.

If you are not familiar with Blue Moon, now is your chance to go through the archives.

I have come to realize that my creative flow is tapping due to an increased schedule in my personal life and a lack of desire to continue the story any further. So before I run it into the ground, I wanted to end it with a bang and on a note that I could be happy with. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Blue Moon and had a great time making it. But, to prevent it from becoming one of those comics that update occasionally when I get the time I have decided to pull the plug. I wanted to give it the proper ending it deserved, though. I don't want to close the door completely. I am considering other ideas for a new comic. One that is a little more general and not so tied down to a specific genre.

I'd like to thank the fans of Blue Moon, your nice comments and support over the course of my stay here are greatly appreciated. These last comics are for you.

Until we meet again,

Terry
Blue Moon.

Ethane
Blue Moon was one of the better webcomics out there, and an awesome run. Hate to see you go, and thanks for what you've done.

Ethane

Erik the Hack
I agree. I've always enjoyed it, and I'm sorry to see it go... :(

Best of luck in all your future endeavors!

3Dave
This is truly a sad day for webcomics. To see one of the quality of Blue Moon drop out is a really tough thing to take.

I wish you all the best, and hope that we will see you return to the comic scene very soon. You are too talented not to be creating a comic, as you really seemed to have the knack for it.

Ronson
I am also saddened by this news, though I'm sure I'll love the next few weeks. I always love it when an ending is planned, instead of something that just stops.

Good luck in all you do, I look forward to your next project.

Have you ever considered making a dead tree collection of blue moon? I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to own something like that.

Tokyo Cab Driver
It's my first time reading through Blue Moon and although I'm still within the first 20 pages of the archive, I love it. It's a pity you plan to end such as quality series. At least I'm hoping that the archives will stay up long after you finish it so that I can tell my friends about it...

claytonian
you were an enjoyable chap, don't be a stranger!

The Unknown Comic
Hey Guys,
Don't be sad. :(
This is the time to be happy. This is a good ending. An exciting ending.

I will shut up so I don't give anything away.

Like I said previously (sorta), everything right now dictates that the comic should end for new things to happen.

Heck, I may even stick around here for a bit.

Zspade
Damn good comic. I'd say it's a shame, but all good things must come to an end.

murp27
I don't think I can add much more than others have already, but I also think that you are an extremely talented person and I hope you continue with comics somehow. Also, I second what Ronson said, I'd love to own some sort of collection of Blue Moon.

Glasko
What a truly fun and original comic, I really like this. Never read it before today either! Great job! I look forward to the ending!! :)

The Unknown Comic
...Also, I second what Ronson said, I'd love to own some sort of collection of Blue Moon.

my interest is peaked but, I wouldn't know where to start.

Your comments are much appreciated. Who knows, I may come back in a big way someday soon.

Rabid Fan
I agree, put out some kind of dead tree version!

Ronson
my interest is peaked but, I wouldn't know where to start.

If you'd like some help pulling something together for the dead tree version, I'd be glad to help.

The only things you'd need:

1. Every strip saved at 300 dpi or greater
2. A page layout program like PageMaker. There are others...just don't use Word. :)

With that, you can make electronic files (PDFs) that can be used by lots of printers. There are a few places that will print the book for free for you, but you won't make money (like Cafe Press), and the book size isn't as flexible.

Seriously, if you'd like help with any of that, I'd be happy to be involved...my fee? A free book, of course. :)

The Unknown Comic
hmmm...

BlurryMystr
*gasp*

Noooooooooooooooooooo!

Perhaps the single greatest injustive I've witnessed since I've started reading webcomics is the fact that Blue Moon hasn't reached nearly the level of popularity that it so greatly deserves. It has consistently been one of the most solid, well-done comic strips on the web and I will always stand by that statement.

I have a folder in my Bookmarks I have labeled the "Comic Graveyard." It has four comics inside it - No Outlet, Nothing Nice to Say, Krazy Larry (http://www.krazylarry.com/), and Jeremy (http://www.ape-law.com/jeremy/). Since Nothing Nice to Say closed its doors, no other comic has been allowed to enter this folder, though many have gone the way of the dodo. Blue Moon will be placed in this folder. It is a folder that I turn to when people ask me about what a webcomic should be like.

ToonistInBlack
*tear* Hope to see other strips in the future from you.

Hank
Big ditto to everything being said here. I am sad to see Blue Moon go. It was a great comic that was unfortunately slept on by the masses. But something tells me we haven't seen the last of you or your work ... and that's a very good thing.

Good luck in all your endeavors, man!

MaRiNe
Truely saddening that blue moons ending. One of my favorite webcomics, your charactors were very.... original.

"I salute you!'

Somebody start playing taps, so I can walk off crying.

The Unknown Comic
wow, Blue Moon has some awesome friends.

I haven't come up with a new comic, yet. But, I have some good concepts in mind. The nice comments help inspire me to kick it into gear again with something new.

It's kinda weird. It's like being awake for your funeral.

The big surprise, I guess, will be when I sit up in my coffin. ( Make sure you bring a clean pair of undies.:grin:)

SuicidalCow
So sad. I can't believe you havn't even reached 20,000 views yet! TO THE 20,000! TO THE 20,000!

I agree with the idea for a book collection, and (as you mention in your bio) hope you get the syndicate to put your comic on the funnies!

MaRiNe
Sad to see you go.