: Spreading the word

Domon
I am here to promote my soon to be web site and comic but that will have to wait until then i have a crappy web site with a few pilot episodes. So please go there and read them and e-mail me the web address is www.fortunecity.com/millennium/sillyface/258/ sorry about the address but it's better than nothing.

-thanks to all that go.

Ethane
http://www.succubi.org/db/ghostie.png I am the ghost of overdone sprite comics! Please stop while you're ahead! woooooooOOOOooooo!

Domon
hey man i havent even started yet those are just expiriments not the real thing my comics arnt gonna look any thing like that.

Chris C.
http://www.succubi.org/db/ghostie.png I am the ghost of overdone sprite comics! Please stop while you're ahead! woooooooOOOOooooo!

LOL. Hey, if I give you some candy, will you haunt the people on this list?

*Hands the ghost a list*

Ethane
Oh.

If it has sprites from K.C. Munchkin, I'll read them.

Chris C.
hey man i havent even started yet those are just expiriments not the real thing my comics arnt gonna look any thing like that.

If your comics are not going to look anything like that then why the hell are you asking us to critique them?

Domon
ok they will look kinda like that

Ethane
LOL. Hey, if I give you some candy, will you haunt the people on this list?

*Hands the ghost a list*

http://www.succubi.org/db/ghostie.png wwwoooooooOOOOOOooooo! Reading the list now!

Not in Alphabetical Order

George Stephanopolous
"Twinky" Martinez
Samhain Jackalope
Roger the Codger Von Takahashi

Sounds reasonable.

wwwwooooOOOOOOooooooooo!

Domon
i knew i shouldnt have come here for your help.

Mellonballer
no, you could if you didn't do a sprite comic.

Ethane
You want help? Fine. Make something original. I can't tell you how many Final Fantasy sprite comics exist, but if you gave each different title to every citizen of China you'd have about three million left over.

Pick up a pencil. Or, make your own custom digital artwork.

Ethane

Domon
i tried that and i found out that I HATE INKING! it sucks so i decided to make a sprite comic instead.

Ethane
I don't like inking either! But I do it!

Hell, if you have to, be like that Megatokyo guy! Don't ink at all!

Ethane

Dranze
Domon, I'm gonna critique you on your comic. Not your use of sprites.

First off, your wording is kinda off. It's hard to read it. Try encasing it in a bubble or something. Second off, try to get a design on that site. Having comics on a site with a lousy design really turns alot of people off. Third off, your are a sprite comic. As a sprite comic, you are judged differently. Everyone looks at it and trys to find things wrong with it. So far, it has the usual signs. Bad jokes, and bad graphics. Try to improve on that stuff. Until you do that, I have nothing else to say about the comic.

This may sound harsh, but it's the truth. Try to improve on your site by using your words. Then I'll check it out again and tell you what I think.

Domon
damn you guys make too many good points but still.
i get a strange joy out of spriting that i do not get from normal drawing...

too many mixed feelings...

Domon
that site is just a temp its really just for me and my friend but i thought it might be cool to show some other people.

Dranze
damn you guys make too many good points but still.
i get a strange joy out of spriting that i do not get from normal drawing...

too many mixed feelings...

I know what you mean. The gamer inside me is what attracts me to sprites. After a review of my links section in my site, and looking at my favorites.. I see that alot of sprite comics are there. I like pixels and stuff. Don't feel that there is something wrong with spriting. Just try to do a better job of it. Or even try to make your own from scratch.

[EDIT]
that site is just a temp its really just for me and my friend but i thought it might be cool to show some other people.
If you show something off to someone, you kinda want it to be at it's peak. Otherwise your just making it look bad.

Ethane
Or even try to make your own from scratch.

Best advice on this thread yet.

Ethane

Domon
my real site will come this summer it will have three animated flash shows/comics and my sprite comic so it will be more than just this.

[EDIT]
plus i'm very new to the world of spriting

Domon
I find my self very depressed now
-but thanks any way...[sigh]

Domon
I'll come back this summer and pove you all wrong my web site and my comic WILL BE GREAT! your attempts at breaking my will havv failed I WILL BE GREAT.
[sigh] HAHAHAHAHAHA

THIS SUMMER I"LL BE BACK...

samfish
uhh...the summer is over...

...if you weren't aware...

Dranze
I believe he means summer of 2004.

Schmoo
What a waste of time this thread was...

samfish
I believe he means summer of 2004.
well then the correct term would be "next summer".

and i agree. complete waste of time.

and yet another 45 seconds of my life wasted online. joy!